The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, my first two children were girls and although they were lovely (of course) I do think we would have been a wee bit disappointed if baby no. 3 had turned out to be another girl. I just think a mixture is nice. I've still got a feeling this one is a boy though. I wonder whether Kate went to BP to swim with George (Daily Mail story) to try and get things going. Nothing like an energetic swim session.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Or tried other things

Old 04-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Naiveté of the subjects is pathetic.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
They're not naive, they're just not too jaded to appreciate coffee and sweet rolls on a chilly morning, no matter where they come from. Do you think that the people who read and post on this forum are naive?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she is due tomorrow (last day of April).
Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Gentry

Probably W & K have discussed how many children they would have before they marry as many couples do. In fact we do not know if they want two or three , but I think some people want to experience raising a boy and a girl. I don't have children yet, but I don't see myself raising a girl for example, but most of my friends have this "boy and girl" standard in their minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, my first two children were girls and although they were lovely (of course) I do think we would have been a wee bit disappointed if baby no. 3 had turned out to be another girl. I just think a mixture is nice. I've still got a feeling this one is a boy though. I wonder whether Kate went to BP to swim with George (Daily Mail story) to try and get things going. Nothing like an energetic swim session.
My friend already had two girls (a teenager and a nine year old) when she got pregnant again. She and her husband were hoping for a boy and they were a little disappointed when they found out they were having another girl. Their little girl is almost five now and is much loved, not the end of the world although they have planned having girls and boys. I guess we can't just plan this things, they happen and at the end, they makes us happy after all.

Anyway, we don't really know what W&K want, so we may have another royal baby after this one if it's a girl or a boy, who knows.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessCaroline View Post
First I have to say that I've been around here for years now (about 7 years or so), always too shy to write something (mostly because I don't consider my english good enough for this, but whatever lol) and right now I just CAN'T STAND to be quiet, because just like you I AM GOING CRAZY HERE (in a good way lol) waiting for the little one.
When George was born I couldn't manage to hang here as much as I do now but this time it's been so wonderful to read your comments and opinions, following every stage of Kate's pregnancy with people who understand so much about royals and royalty! I love you all

Just to stay on topic: I do think she's overdue. She said "mid-end April" and the parking restrictions end by April 30. I presume they thought that by April 30 it would be over, as when doctors determine the due date they usually say it can happen few days earlier or later... but it's just a thought, maybe she's not overdue and I am just too anxious about it lol

I hope you understand my english, as I said, not very good at if

Carol
Welcome to the Forums, Carol!

(É muito bom ter uma compatriota por aqui. E seu inglês é excelente!)

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
Welcome to the Forums, Carol!

(É muito bom ter uma compatriota por aqui. E seu inglês é excelente!)
Thank you Cris! So great to know that Brasil is here!! Us brazilians... everywhere
(Muito bom ver um pouco de português por aqui, fiquei quase emocionada --- translation: Great to see some Portuguese here , I was almost thrilled )

And my english has improved quite a lot since I came here I just can't stop writing...

Thanks to the royal baby...

I don't believe in an April baby anymore but I can wake tomorrow and have coffee reading the news...
Old 04-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2015...social_twitter

Best line: "Or, and we will all be keeping our fingers crossed, this could mean that Kate is on her way, as soon as this afternoon, and the hubbub is, in fact, related to some baby-arrival intel. Either way, it’s probably best to call in sick to work today—hell, take the week off, as a precaution. If your boss doesn’t understand the need to honor this occasion, is that really a place you want to be working?"
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

She looks a lot like she could be related to Rasputin. Good thing to be. Labor probably hit her by now. Maybe not. Anyway I am still guessing it's a boy. Pink ribbons and all, points to a girl. May is a cute name. So is Belle. Anyway, I hope she and the baby do well. If it's a boy, Arlo is a great one. Arther too.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2015...social_twitter

Best line: "Or, and we will all be keeping our fingers crossed, this could mean that Kate is on her way, as soon as this afternoon, and the hubbub is, in fact, related to some baby-arrival intel. Either way, it’s probably best to call in sick to work today—hell, take the week off, as a precaution. If your boss doesn’t understand the need to honor this occasion, is that really a place you want to be working?"
Josh Duboff has a sense of humour. My favourite bit was the delightful image of him sleeping in a fascinator to ensure he's dressed appropriately when he receives the news should he get a message announcing the birth in the middle of the night.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
She looks a lot like she could be related to Rasputin. Good thing to be.
Maybe this is a cultural difference, but i don't get it: how is this related to the DoC being pregnant and due any day now?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Just a thought, the pink ribbons might not have been a clue, they might of simply been a ribbon used in the bakery as their packaging.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessCaroline View Post
Probably W & K have discussed how many children they would have before they marry as many couples do. In fact we do not know if they want two or three , but I think some people want to experience raising a boy and a girl. I don't have children yet, but I don't see myself raising a girl for example, but most of my friends have this "boy and girl" standard in their minds

My friend already had two girls (a teenager and a nine year old) when she got pregnant again. She and her husband were hoping for a boy and they were a little disappointed when they found out they were having another girl. Their little girl is almost five now and is much loved, not the end of the world although they have planned having girls and boys. I guess we can't just plan this things, they happen and at the end, they makes us happy after all.

Anyway, we don't really know what W&K want, so we may have another royal baby after this one if it's a girl or a boy, who knows.

A lot of people can't have a 3rd baby. My daughter can't just because you can have 2 doesn't mean you won't have miscarriages time and time again trying for a 3rd.
So let's just see this little one arrive safely no mater what it is !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-29-2015, 03:31 AM
Courtier

No NEWS on SKY this morning.

Let's see where things are by just before Midnight 30 April?

If she has been driving in her car yesterday, is this more significant to a MAY birth?
Old 04-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
No NEWS on SKY this morning.

Let's see where things are by just before Midnight 30 April?

If she has been driving in her car yesterday, is this more significant to a MAY birth?
If she has a normal pregnancy she can drive her own car practically till the moment she will be admitted. There is always a small risk that the waters break.
Personally I think indeed of a May birth.
Often a woman-face show the signs of an imminent birth (between 24 or 48 hours)
I still miss that on the pics of the Duchess yesterday
Old 04-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Your comments can always be relied upon to make me smile!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
That's a bit of a sweeping statement, if I may say so. I think that it's become de rigueur to say that you don't mind if you have a boy or a girl "as long as the baby is healthy" or wtte. People are often very reluctant nowadays to admit that they have a preference. I know of two women locally who have four boys and are currently pregnant again. I suspect that if baby no 3 or 4 had been a girl in each case, they would have stopped there.
Why? Some friends have all-girls or all-boys family and they wanted more children, not a boy or a girl, at least. My parents had four girls, when they expected my youngest sister, they wanted a fourth child, not a boy, at least.
Some friends did indeed had a preference, but people don't make children just for having at least a girl or a boy. Some people still like large families, no matter how many boys or girls they have.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Why? Some friends have all-girls or all-boys family and they wanted more children, not a boy or a girl, at least. My parents had four girls, when they expected my youngest sister, they wanted a fourth child, not a boy, at least.
Some friends did indeed had a preference, but people don't make children just for having at least a girl or a boy. Some people still like large families, no matter how many boys or girls they have.
You ask why? Because I know that the people I mentioned would like a little girl.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

well weel it seems she is not that overdue after all

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal Parking restrictions outside the Lindo Wing have been extended for a further 5 days as the wait for the birth of the #royalbaby continues.

At this point I think that the palace should have said" expecting a baby in early May"....