The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
You may be right, but the "discomfort" in the last stage of pregnancy doesn't deter many women from repeating the experience!
That's oxytocine's doing. Several studies showed that many pregnant women remember the whole labour process as "uncomfortable, but not that uncomfortable". And trust me, it is true. I work at a maternal ward and it is incredible how fast women can change from screaming their lungs off to serene content angels in a minute's notice.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
You may be right, but the "discomfort" in the last stage of pregnancy doesn't deter many women from repeating the experience!
I read somewhere that this kind of "discomfort" is more common when a woman is pregnant with a boy we will see...

Every pregnancy is a different one, I have seen this with some friends who have more than one child. But I think they (especially Kate) will think twice before going through the whole process again, so there may be a third pregnancy, but it will not be as fast as it was this time ...We'll have to wait a few years (although I'm rooting for a boy hoping for a third pregnancy )

Old 04-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

I think if they have a girl this time they might be satisfied with a healthy son and daughter. If they have a boy they will try one again.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think if they have a girl this time they might be satisfied with a healthy son and daughter. If they have a boy they will try one again.
Exactly what I think.
I'm trying to get out of here and get a life or something but it's very difficult today. When I woke up this morning I had that feeling "today is the day"
I guess the baby doesn't care for my feelings
Old 04-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That would be sad. A family is not bound to be limited to "a boy, a girl, we are so happy with both". Babies should be welcomed for themselves, not because with them the family looks like a catalogue family.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
That would be sad. A family is not bound to be limited to "a boy, a girl, we are so happy with both". Babies should be welcomed for themselves, not because with them the family looks like a catalogue family.
Families in modern Western countries generally don't really care a lot about the gender of their babies, so I don't think there's much of "trying until we have a girl/boy" these days. It may different though in other non-Western cultures.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

if they decide they are complete and happy with one of each how is that sad? it is not the quantity of kids that matter but what works for each family.

Depends on the region. In the south of the US in some areas having a boy is still very very important... I know of one family who had 8 girls before they got that boy.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Families in modern Western countries generally don't really care a lot about the gender of their babies, so I don't think there's much of "trying until we have a girl/boy" these days. It may different though in other non-Western cultures.
Many friends, announcing a third pregnancy after a boy and a girl, faced questions from their own family who sincerely didn't understand why they wanted a third child after a boy and a girl.
Modern Western countries care about having "standard family". When one has two girls or two boys, a third pregnancy to try to get the other sex will be tolerated. When one has already girl and boy, a third pregnancy is often not warmly welcomed. Let's not speak about a fourth, fifth and more pregnancy.

Quote:
if they decide they are complete and happy with one of each how is that sad? it is not the quantity of kids that matter but what works for each family.
Yes, if "they" decide. They are the ones to decides, not their fans. If they want five and their fan do not understand, let them have five.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Exactly! Their family their choice but that would be a really large family by most standards and I don't know they would do that. Time will tell.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Courtier

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kate stated she wanted three.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

What we want before we go through a pregnancy and labor and raising the child sometimes changes when we get the reality of it
Old 04-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It looks like things have changed and we may get an announcement if she goes into labor in the middle of the night.

@royallfocus1: @MaxFosterCNN it was pointed out today by KP spokesperson that 8am deadline is not set in stone and announcement could come at any time
Which means, if baby is born at 4am, they will still announce it directly? Or wait a few hours?

Queen Mathilde
Old 04-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Many friends, announcing a third pregnancy after a boy and a girl, faced questions from their own family who sincerely didn't understand why they wanted a third child after a boy and a girl.
Modern Western countries care about having "standard family". When one has two girls or two boys, a third pregnancy to try to get the other sex will be tolerated. When one has already girl and boy, a third pregnancy is often not warmly welcomed. Let's not speak about a fourth, fifth and more pregnancy.

Both my parents and my aunt/uncle on my mother's side had either all male or all female children (that is, two boys in my nuclear family and two girls in my aunt's). I have never thought of my family or my cousins' family as "non-standard" because of that though and no one has ever suggested that to me either. Quite frankly, I think that is a weird statement, at least in the culture I come from.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
Which means, if baby is born at 4am, they will still announce it directly? Or wait a few hours?
I don't think so . I believe it's more likely to be about a situation where she's been admitted at 10:30 pm or 7:00 am . Not about something happening in the middle of the night .
Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Courtier

It will be born tomorrow as I am busy tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

Prince William and Kate Middleton send coffee to royal baby fans at St Mary's Hospital | Daily Mail Online

Wrapped, wait for it, in a PINK ribbon.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Yup. Probably because the bakery they ordered from ties their pasteries with pink ribbon!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Yup. Probably because the bakery they ordered from ties their pasteries with pink ribbon!
Ah ah i thought the same thing, but i didn't want to spoil the sweet hysteria of this board lol
Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ah ah i thought the same thing, but i didn't want to spoil the sweet hysteria of this board lol
Hahah, sorry :P
Old 04-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That's a bit of a sweeping statement, if I may say so. I think that it's become de rigueur to say that you don't mind if you have a boy or a girl "as long as the baby is healthy" or wtte. People are often very reluctant nowadays to admit that they have a preference. I know of two women locally who have four boys and are currently pregnant again. I suspect that if baby no 3 or 4 had been a girl in each case, they would have stopped there.

Closed Thread