The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Courtier

I read The Duchess took Prince George to a petting Zoo today

Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear....

This is getting beyond ridiculous... Ella Kay added,

David Wilkinson @DWilkinsonCNN
Oh dear... #RoyalBaby press stunt by @TheSunNewspaper outside #LindoWing ends up blocking ambulance.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Commoner

My twitter feed is exploding with speculation, I can't keep up with it. My son woke up with a cruddy cold this morning, so I am home today. I used to run errands before having to go in to be induced, so Catherine picking up George from a swim lesson doesn't surprise me. Maybe she is just trying to stay as active as she can. But wow, that was taking a chance!

Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Courtier

Now sure how reliable this is but:

@NewsThisSecond: #Breaking Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will be admitted to the #LindoWing in the coming hours #RoyalBaby #RoyalBabyWatch
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

So what!!
Good for her to stay active.
She is not ill and staying inside the palace is not helpfull for a quick and smooth delivery
Old 04-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't get why everyone say she is overdue... what if she insn't? the palace has said they haven't ever confirmed a due date and that the dates on the media were all speculations...
Old 04-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Commoner

Pure speculation, of course.....but this has been tweeted:

Mace@RoyaleVision 3m3 minutes ago
#RoyalBaby The Duchess of Cambridge will be admitted to hospital today http://newsthissecond.co.uk/?p=1126&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter …

Old 04-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I hate to disapoint you but that pages wrote the same thing few days ago
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Now sure how reliable this is but:

@NewsThisSecond: #Breaking Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will be admitted to the #LindoWing in the coming hours #RoyalBaby #RoyalBabyWatch
They will only announce it when she is admitted (so not that she will be admitted in the coming hours)
Old 04-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 19 sec20 secondi fa
The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted driving out of Buckingham Palace this morning. Certainly no signs she's in labour yet.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't The Queen and Diana give birth to at least one of their children at nigjt?

I know The Queen Mother gave birth in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
They will only announce it when she is admitted not that she will be admitted in the coming hours

Thank you. I knew that and remembered. I cant delete posts from my ipad for some reason
Old 04-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Commoner

Oh well. I think I'll go out for a minute and get away from twitter, LOL. I am a bit anxious for this baby to come and all to be well. I'm off to rustle up some chocolate.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't get why everyone say she is overdue... what if she insn't? the palace has said they haven't ever confirmed a due date and that the dates on the media were all speculations...
Right, but they made the reservation regime around the Lingo not just for fun. Or they were:"Kate will give birth in the middle of May but we will allow press to wait around the Lingo for whole month before that. It's so funny!"
Old 04-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she will be admitted tonight. I know of two women who were booked for inductions and they were both asked to come in and had the medication at night so while they slept it could begin to take effect. Their babies were born the next day.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Right, but they made the reservation regime around Lingo not just for fun. Or they were:"Kate will give birth in the middle of May but we will allow press to wait around the Lingo for whole month before that. It's so funny!"
I know but maybe the thought the baby would come earlier since it is the second pregnancy for Kate? I know, I am picking at straws!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Maybe she will be admitted tonight. I know of two women who were booked for inductions and they were both asked to come in and had the medication at night so while they slept it could begin to take effect. Their babies were born the next day.

I have a cousin who was due on Christmas 2013 or about that time but she did not want it to be born on Christmas or her Birthday a couple days afterwards. So she was induced on 19th early in the morning. She was admitted the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I know but maybe the thought the baby would come earlier since it is the second pregnancy for Kate? I know, I am picking at straws!

Second Babies are almost always early. The date Doctors are not official but more of a estimate.

Prince George was late
Old 04-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Commoner

Sleep? I don't know of any women who slept after being induced. Those contractions can start fairly quickly. Here in the States they'll give you Pitocin drip, and if as you dilate if the waters don't break, the nurse will break those to speed the labor. I suppose that is the difference in our experiences in either country.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
If there gonna be induction. Maybe they prefer to wait the natural birth, who knows. If the baby doesn't show any signs of distress and placenta isn't getting old then they can wait.

Quote:
Those contractions can start fairly quickly. Here in the States they'll give you Pitocin drip, and if as you dilate if the waters don't break, the nurse will break those to speed the labor. I suppose that is the difference in our experiences in either country.
I have heard that induction makes the contractions also much more painful...And many women are against breaking the water before contractions.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

The parking and hospital reservation was probably made in consideration of the period three weeks before and two weeks after due date when the child is a terme
Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Second Babies are almost always early. The date Doctors are not official but more of a estimate.

Prince George was late
I know! That's why I asked