The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand how a friend, (Jessica Hay), whom the Duchess has not seen for many years, is able to accurately predict two pregnancies? I thought maybe the Royal Couple would have another baby, maybe, Autumn, 2015. But it appears a Spring Baby is on the way. By Spring, I presume March, April, or May. Anyway took me completely by surprise as I thought all the latest rumours were wrong. I hope it’s a baby brother for George, not for any particular reason, just seeing how close William and Harry are.

It isn't that hard. For George, they had to wait for the South Pacific tour, Olympics, Diamond Jubilee so once they came back from tour was the baby window. For Baby 2, nothing was happening until after NZ/Australia and probably after George's birthday. So the Fall/Winter is right in the 2yrs between kids zone.

It appears from William's comments today that Kate isn't that far along so it puts Baby Cambridges coming end of April/May time frame which would then allow for a late fall foreign tour next year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
:clap:Cheers to the Happy Couple and let the party begin on what it will be a boy or girl :champagne::champagne: I want a cute princess for William and Catherine:rose::rose2: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wow. I have been posting for years and even I am stunned by some of the negativity. No wonder Harry is having such trouble finding someone.

Women can start experiencing morning sickness as early as three weeks into a pregnancy (link to the Mayo Clinic site below). It's very possible that Catherine didn't realize she was pregnant until a few days ago--so it seems mean to criticize her for not waiting until her schedule was completely clear.

I suggest the critics take a deep breath or two. The people who expected Catherine to go to Oxford will get over it. It would be a shame if it turns out she can't go to Malta, but perhaps the royal family will send someone in her place and she will reschedule soon. Reasonable adults will understand.

Symptoms of pregnancy: What happens right away - Mayo Clinic

Well said. The negativity is a shame. Congrats to the couple!

whe do you think is the baby due? I think mid april...

How lovely for them and for George to have a sibling so close in age.

And for those who are grumbling that her visit to Malta is somehow more important than achieving a wanted pregnancy... I have no words. Anyone who has ever become pregnant knows that it's always a miracle and is seldom convenient.

I am so thrilled for the Duke and Duchess and Prince George! I would love it if this little one is a girl :)

It isn't that hard. For George, they had to wait for the South Pacific tour, Olympics, Diamond Jubilee so once they came back from tour was the baby window. For Baby 2, nothing was happening until after NZ/Australia and probably after George's birthday. So the Fall/Winter is right in the 2yrs between kids zone.

It appears from William's comments today that Kate isn't that far along so it puts Baby Cambridges coming end of April/May time frame which would then allow for a late fall foreign tour next year.

I think this might be true. 2012 was a busy year for the Royal Family, and Kate and William probably didn't want to 'disturb' the other events.

If they want a third child (I really think so, even though the pregnancies both started not that well)), I think they will first have a tour again (autumn/winter 2015), wait a couple of months and announce the pregnancy again if there will be any. It's a good way to do it in my opinion. :whistling:

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess and Prince George! It's awesome news!

And let us not forget why all the Cambridge children will be HRH and Prince/ss

The Queen's proclamation was issued through the House of Lords on December 31 but made public January 2013.

'The Queen has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm dated 31 December 2012 to declare that all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of Royal Highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour.'

How lovely for them and for George to have a sibling so close in age.

And for those who are grumbling that her visit to Malta is somehow more important than achieving a wanted pregnancy... I have no words. Anyone who has ever become pregnant knows that it's always a miracle and is seldom convenient.
I love your comment! Also, Kate and her sister are about 18 months apart right? So I wasn't surprised about the spacing, 21 months apart.
My estimate is that she's at an even earlier time than the last time and that she won't overdue as many are for their first, April 21, the Queen's birthday!:flowers:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Cambridges! :flowers: Now George (and Lupo :D) have a little playmate.

A friend texted me earlier this afternoon (I've been busy all day so was unable to keep up with the first hours of Baby Cambridge Watch No. Two) to tell me that Catherine was pregnant again and at first I didn't believe her, but when I saw this thread I knew she was speaking the truth. This was totally unexpected news as I thought they would try for another one next year.

I must admit that I was a little disappointed that George wasn't a girl (but all the same, he is such a cute little one), so will be hoping for a girl this time. I hope Catherine gets well soon, it must be tough for her at the moment as she had morning sickness with George as well.

I see no reason for them to cancel the Malta trip. Last time around she travelled to Mustique with her family for holiday. Malta is so much closer.

I see no reason for them to cancel the Malta trip. Last time around she travelled to Mustique with her family for holiday. Malta is so much closer.

A vacation is different from a working trip and that trip was later in her pregnancy. She didn't have to leave the hotel room in Mustique. Each woman is different but my morning sickness (it should be called all-day sickness) began about 6 weeks into my pregnancies and subsided after about 4 months.

Last edited:
This is such lovely news. I'm so happy for them. I'm sorry to hear that she is once again suffering from HP, I hope she gets well soon.
I'm really happy with the news:flowers: I was so surprised, I always pictured William and Catherine having a second child 3 years after the first-born, they truly blew me away:lol:

It's painfull and sad for Catherine to have HP again, at least she's not in the hospital which is a positive thing. But I fear that she might become afraid to experience this awfull situation again and for that reason doesn't want to have more children. If it's a girl, maybe that could happen and they stop at baby 2#, if it's a boy, they would probably want to try for a little girl.

Morning sickness can start really early and last some women to the end. Mine started at four weeks and ended at six months .

I don’t understand how a friend, (Jessica Hay), whom the Duchess has not seen for many years, is able to accurately predict two pregnancies? I thought maybe the Royal Couple would have another baby, maybe, Autumn, 2015. But it appears a Spring Baby is on the way. By Spring, I presume March, April, or May. Anyway took me completely by surprise as I thought all the latest rumours were wrong. I hope it’s a baby brother for George, not for any particular reason, just seeing how close William and Harry are.

Ms. Haye's claims surfaced exactly 8 weeks ago on 7/14/14 - so unless this baby is born full term on March 21, 2015, or thereabouts, Ms. Hayes will have been shown to be absolutely wrong in her claims as to this pregnancy.
I predict that when the baby arrives it will show that Ms. Hayes was claiming the Cambridges were pregnant before they had even conceived.

It's great news and I am very pleased for them both. It is ashame that Catherine is suffering from the morning sickness so badly. Obviously I hope simply for a healthy pregnancy and baby, but all the same, a girl would be lovely this time!! I think maybe two children will be the limited for William and Catherine, but who knows!?
I hope that Catherine will still be able to go to Malta, but will understand if she cannot.

Ms. Haye's claims surfaced exactly 8 weeks ago on 7/14/14 - so unless this baby is born full term on March 21, 2015, or thereabouts, Ms. Hayes will have been shown to be absolutely wrong in her claims as to this pregnancy.
I predict that when the baby arrives it will show that Ms. Hayes was claiming the Cambridges were pregnant before they had even conceived.

I think its proven now. 8 weeks ago, Catherine needed to know she was pregnant - that means at the time she would have been c 4 wks pregnant.
We already know, via royal spokesperson that she is not at 12 wks yet.

No way did that woman know.

Oh my god that's hilarious! ???

Wow that was unexpected! That's fab news although I wasn't expecting it so soon after George. I am already looking forward to the day when they pose with George and the new little royal in the entrance of the hospital wing!
I kind of feel for Kate though: it mustn't be pleasant to have to tell the world Of your morning sickness or let the world know you are pregnant before you plan to because of having morning sickness, or having the press talking about your baby bump and photographing it or in general just having the whole world speculating on when you will become pregnant....

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

(CNN) -- Another royal baby is on the way.

Britain's Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expected to become parents for a second time, Buckingham Palace announced Monday.

"The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news," the palace said. It didn't say when the due date will be.

As during her first pregnancy, Catherine is suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, the palace said. The condition involves nausea and vomiting more severe than the typical morning sickness many women suffer during early pregnancy.

She is being treated by doctors at Kensington Palace and didn't accompany Prince William on a planned visit Monday to Oxford.

The decision to announce the pregnancy was made when it became apparent Catherine was not well enough to go on the Oxford trip and that a number of other forthcoming engagements could be affected, a royal source told CNN.
Palace: Catherine and William expecting second child - CNN.com

The US media went into overdrive as the news broke that Kate Middleton was expecting a second royal baby, after news of the pregnancy was released early because the Duchess had been suffering from morning sickness

The announcement that Duchess of Cambridge was expecting a her second baby sparked a media frenzy today in the US, underlying the global popularity of the young British royals there.

Prince William said on Monday he and wife Kate were thrilled to be expecting their second baby, after news of the pregnancy was released early because the Duchess had been suffering from morning sickness
Video: Kate Middleton pregnant: how the US media reacted to royal baby news - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom