The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, at some point the doctor will advise an induction - she's likely being regularly monitored with fetal stress tests to make sure the placenta is still functioning optimally.

It's gotta come out at some point.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

Baby is being considerate and does not want to disrupt mom's, dad's, George's, greatgrandma's, greatgrandpa's weekend plans.

Wait until Tuesday, baby will be here. He doesn't want to overshadow mom & dad's anniversary.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

No one knows when that baby is due except the family and their doctor. All the carrying on about oh she will have to be induced by X day is pointless.

People get in too big of a hurry to induce labor....doctors are never exact in their selection of due dates in the first place. There's always wiggle room on either side.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Wishing Her Royal Highness a safe and easy delivery, and good health to mother and babe.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she may not be overdue: I've always thought her due date was around the 29th/30 to be honest. She did say "mid-late April" but waht if she started counting from the 37 week. The 37 week could have very well meant mid month in my book .After all babies can be born from the beginning of the ninth month and on. If she is indeed due around the very last day of the month she would be in her 40 week right now.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Courtier

I don't think she would of been 37 weeks mid month. The maths doesn't add up to the time of her 12th week scan.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I don't think she would of been 37 weeks mid month. The maths doesn't add up to the time of her 12th week scan.

Actually, it would. It's the same story it was with George. Everyone was thinking about tha damn 13th but it was the wrong date!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Oh yes it does work out to be 37 weeks and 2 days.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh yes it does work out to be 37 weeks and 2 days.

Sorry I didn't catch that!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't know about this pregnancy, but Prince George was overdue. I remember William joking that he would remind George of his tardiness when he gets older.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes but it was later revealed that the due date was the 19th and not the 13th. So he was just 3 days overdue. But what I meant to say is that we shouldn't rely on the daily mail and get stuck with the 25th as a possible day IMO. It could be thw 27th, 29th, who knows. and in that case she would still be full time.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Courtier

I was looking back into this thread and saw that photos dated 15 October showed her and William leaving after her 12th week scan. So I say she is well into her 39th week and that her due date is the 29th.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I was looking back into this thread and saw that photos dated 15 October showed her and William leaving after her 12th week scan. So I say she is well into her 39th week and that her due date is the 29th.
Glad you are with me on this
Old 04-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Yes but it was later revealed that the due date was the 19th and not the 13th. So he was just 3 days overdue. But what I meant to say is that we shouldn't rely on the daily mail and get stuck with the 25th as a possible day IMO. It could be thw 27th, 29th, who knows. and in that case she would still be full time.
I don't remember hearing her actual due date. Was that something that came from a news source, or something that William or Kate confirmed?

I definitely agree that we shouldn't trust the DM, or really any news sources. I doubt KP is revealing to anyone the exact date she is expecting.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't remember hearing her actual due date. Was that something that came from a news source, or something that William or Kate confirmed?

I definitely agree that we shouldn't trust the DM, or really any news sources. I doubt KP is revealing to anyone the exact date she is expecting.
If memory serves me right Richard Palmer said George was due the 19th and I think he "backed up at hospital sources" (He tweeted this after the birth of P.George). Anyway, I'm sure that even in the case this baby is overdue there is not need to worry: Kate's doctors will certainly monitor the situation and the baby is going to be fine
Old 04-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Commoner

I do believe Catherine's due date was closer to 23rd-25th than 29th. Catherine said it herself that she is due "mid to late April". I don't think she would have said "mid" if her due date is the 29th. They wouldn't have wanted the media sitting around from the 15th if they knew the baby could possibly come in May! That being said, babies come when they're ready and as long as both mum and bub are healthy and comfortable I think we just need to wait as patiently as we can!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Gentry

I doubt the doctors'd let things go on that long, but it'd be interesting if the baby arrived on General Election day!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I doubt the doctors'd let things go on that long, but it'd be interesting if the baby arrived on General Election day!

May 7th is a long time a way and I wouldn't call that "mid-late April" :)
Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

When we are finally informed she is in labor, or has gone to the hospital, will that discussion stay in this forum or will a new one begin? I'll be at work and want to make certain I can locate things efficiently!
Old 04-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
When we are finally informed she is in labor, or has gone to the hospital, will that discussion stay in this forum or will a new one begin? I'll be at work and want to make certain I can locate things efficiently!
Don't worry - it will be a new thread and it will be always at the top of the "Recent discussions" to the right.