The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Frankly I hope that is exactly how it happens. The DoC is quietly admitted, gives birth and then goes home to recuperate without anyone being the wiser.

The couple then authorizes St. James Palace to make the announcement, releases a set of photos and thanks everyone for their good wishes and support.

I am sorry but I find it borderline cruel to subject a pregnant woman-even a Royal one-to this. Running the gamut of press and curiosity seekers/well-wishers, undergoing the ordeal of labor and childbirth, then being expected to appear agreeable and rested before the eyes of the world as you exit the hospital 24-48 hours later with the infant in your arms ??:ermm:

I don't think Catherine is bothered by any of it. It's an exciting time for her and William and their families. They enjoy sharing their beautiful event with the people.

If there's any chance of her giving birth "in private" and then let us know, if that's what they want , that's fine for me . I just hope the baby is healthy and we can see a picture of him / her eventually.

I doubt that since the palace has already released their announcement plans. Unless she gives birth at night after 10pm and then we won't know till 8am if they baby is born.

I doubt that since the palace has already released their announcement plans. Unless she gives birth at night after 10pm and then we won't know till 8am if they baby is born.

Sounds about right. So we are left with the two weeks early or two weeks late angle :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think Catherine is bothered by any of it. It's an exciting time for her and William and their families. They enjoy sharing their beautiful event with the people.

We will not know how she really feels about it. She has been trained not to show any discomfort publically. Part of the deal when you become a Royal spouse is the tacit agreement that the most intimate details of your existence are now part of the public domain and everything must be "shared". As another poster pointed out, the days when Royal women gave birth privately and made an announcement later are gone.

We are living in the Age of The Public's Right To Know...everything.

Maybe you are right, and she is okay with all of it. I am projecting because I would not be okay with it in her place. I would feel overwhelmed and resentful(on the inside).

We will not know how she really feels about it. She has been trained not to show any discomfort publically. Part of the deal when you become a Royal spouse is the tacit agreement that the most intimate details of your existence are now part of the public domain and everything must be "shared". As another poster pointed out, the days when Royal women gave birth privately and made an announcement later are gone.

We are living in the Age of The Public's Right To Know...everything.

Maybe you are right, and she is okay with all of it. I am projecting because I would not be okay with it in her place. I would feel overwhelmed and resentful(on the inside).

I don't know, something tells me this couple really don't mind the hoopla that surrounds the birth of their children. It's a very exciting time for everyone. William did mention how excited he and Catherine was to present George to the media. The whole thing was as if they were Mufasa and Sarabi, presenting Simba to the Pride Lands.

What a delicious way to be proud parents eh? :flowers:

What a delicious way to be proud parents eh? :flowers:

Yeah, it's a beautiful thing to see how happy they are and it's time for everyone to enjoy these precious moments.

I think for the meanwhile this thread should be renamed,' the duchess of cambridge is still preganant with a second child' :p

I think for the meanwhile this thread should be renamed,' the duchess of cambridge is still preganant with a second child' :p

Of course, as soon as its changed, the next announcement would be that Kate had been admitted and had a very short labor and the baby has arrived. :D

Of course, as soon as its changed, the next announcement would be that Kate had been admitted and had a very short labor and the baby has arrived. :D

Then we'd better change it to "the Duchess of Cambridge still pregnant..." Kate might thank us later.... :whistling:

We have a seated dinner at our place tonight, and I have exactly the time between two plates to check the baby. My parents might say I'm a very impolite girl, but hey, it's the royal baby and it could be the last time in 30 years... so ;)

This has gone beyond all my predictions. I am stunned. Congrats to those who predicted May.

Medically speaking, if the doctors decide not to interview, how far along in May could the birth date be?

I mean could baby decide - not for another 2 weeks so effectively
May 10, 17? (even if Catherine is now overdue)?

I guess that George is as impatient as anyone to greet his new sibling. I can imagine him tapping on Mum's tummy demanding he or she hurries up.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:welcome:, DuchessCaroline! Your English is excellent, and I hope that you will continue to post here.

I must admit, I'm getting rather impatient about the baby's arrival. It would be convenient if it weren't born on Sunday, because I have a family meal to attend that day. So I'll predict a birth for tomorrow. ;)

When I read the reports about Catherine leaving Kensington Palace, I thought "this is it, there'll probably be an official announcement soon", but it appears that I'm wrong. She was most likely out shopping or something.

I'm already so used to the baby not being born that I probably won't believe it when the news comes that Catherine has been admitted. :p

:previous: Hehe, we should be thankful that the wait is so drawn outl, because of all the added excitement!

I cannot imagine how much excitement there will be when we hear that Catherine is in labour and then the excitement when the official announcement of the birth is made. Then there is the hospital departure and the announcement of the name. We have a long way yet to go folks!

I cannot imagine how much excitement there will be when we hear that Catherine is in labour and then the excitement when the official announcement of the birth is made. Then there is the hospital departure and the announcement of the name. We have a long way yet to go folks!

How long after the birth is the name known?

...then we'll wait for the christening date, the announcement of the godparents, the christening itself... until it is school, university, girl-/boyfriend, engagement... We will be busy for a lifetime. Maybe that's what is putting baby off:p?

OK, baby Cambridge. There's a public holiday in the UK on Monday and I'm working all weekend. So either arrive asap or Tuesday. ;)

Hope you all enjoy the excitement (or not) over the weekend. :eek:

On the contrary! I'm off until Tuesday so Baby Cambridge- make it happen!

Jesal Parshotam - the chap who photographed the Duchess of Cambridge entering the hospital in labour with Prince George - has tweeted that tonight may be the night.

More activity around the Lindo Wing at this time of night than any previous night.

Six uniformed police officers spotted doing more checks.

If the Duchess does go into under cover of darkness, I'm impressed with those who named May 2nd as the birth date all that time back.

Interesting I just followed him on twitter. I think we all agree it will be any time now, It just a matter of when.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom