The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Walking is also one of the recommendations made to induce labor when you're ready to go. She might have decided to go shopping to see if that might help things along, especially if she's already past her due date.

I do hope she gives birth this weekend. I start a new job Monday and don't want to be distracted with the excitement of a new HRH of Cambridge next week. Yes, I'm a bit selfish like that, lol. ;-)

Old 04-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know William, Catherine and George must be running through the house with excitement, and a few nerves too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
The all knowing internet says only about 5% of babies are born on their due date .
But still most of the babies are born within a week before and a week after that due date.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know William, Catherine and George must be running through the house with excitement, and a few nerves too.
I think George is not too aware of how a big milestone is to come.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Out of curiosity, (just to spend time) is it true that boys tend to be overdue more than girls? (I think Kate's sue date is the 29th, btw)
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I think George is not too aware of how a big milestone is to come.
I even feel a bit of envy... His lifestyle won't change much after the appearance of newborn. I mean in regular families parents usually pay more attention to the younger child, but George wil always be "more important'.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

I have a feeling she'll deliver on Sunday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Ah, nesting - right before I went into labor with my son I was seized with an inexplicable desire to reorganize the entire kitchen and proceeded to do so. My husband came in to check on me, saw every cupboard emptied, shook his head and left.
I'd think twice about shopping though, as her water could have broken in a shop (as mine did) and that would have been all over the papers, I'm sure.
My mother's waters broke in a supermarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed
Out of curiosity, (just to spend time) is it true that boys tend to be overdue more than girls? (I think Kate's sue date is the 29th, btw)
Though I don't believe in that, because it's very subjective, my brother was in fact overdue, he was supposed to be born late May, but ended up bein' born in June. I, as a girl, seem to be of those 5% that are born on the due date. The doctor's said to my mom september 28th, and I was born on that exact date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin
I even feel a bit of envy... His lifestyle won't change much after the appearance of newborn. I mean in regular families parents usually pay more attention to the younger child, but George wil always be "more important'.
Well, in fact it is true. It doesn't mean the youngest is more loved, the parents loves all their children, but the youngest is the most spoiled :)
Old 04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

If they have put in parking restrictions from the 15 to the 30 don't you think the due date is probably in the middle? She did go late with her first but all my friends and family did too, not me. The subsequent children seem to go sooner.
I think she was probably due on the 22 and will have the baby tomorrow. Another boy
Old 04-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Well, it's clear that today we are not gonna get any news. It's almost time for breakout.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I was 5 days late and I'm female .
Old 04-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I was 5 days late and I'm female .
I said boys tend to... it means generally... Few friends of mine told me this
Old 04-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Commoner

Still predicting an Anzac Day baby. 25th also coincides with the birthday of Catherine's late maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith. Hopefully at least then Harry will get to meet his new niece or nephew when he is back in London on the 26th. Fingers crossed! Can't stand the suspense any longer!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Commoner

Babies are born when they are ready (barring any medical conditions). My two nieces, who are sisters, were 12 days & 13 days late. When they were pregnant with due dates 15 days apart, one delivered 2 days early (Christmas) & the other delivered 1 day early.

I predict the baby will be born April 29.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

I'll copy this over to this thread as well, just in case it gets bypassed:

I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Technology is brilliant, yet terrible at times.

I've got an extra White Cane, as a spare, in my closet if you'd like to borrow to use on the thing?

I got badly Glutened Wednesday and due to that, the last day and a bit have not been fun. I kind of hope this lil HRH waits till Sunday. Just so I can catch up on sleep!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieAnn View Post
Babies are born when they are ready (barring any medical conditions). My two nieces, who are sisters, were 12 days & 13 days late. When they were pregnant with due dates 15 days apart, one delivered 2 days early (Christmas) & the other delivered 1 day early.

I predict the baby will be born April 29.
Both of my sons were born a week early. Babies are born when they are ready, sex is not a factor.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Is this a sign it's getting close?

The Duchess's mother attended her hairdresser Friday 24th London time, (currently late morning Saturday 25th were I am, not sure of the time difference.)

Richard Ward gave Mrs Middleton a cut and blow-dry.

Getting ready for all the Lindo Wing steps snappers - or just a regular appointment?

I'm not going to be suprised if it is all still some time away.

Navy blazer, skinny jeans, striped shirt and flats - Carole sounds like she knows how to dress smartly, but comfortably.

One of the first to know may be a lady working for a French magazine who has been stationed at Kennsington Palace, perhaps waiting to see the Duke and Duchess head of to St. Mary's Hospital.

She's certainly aware of who's who, and has posted photos she's taken of Lupo Cambridge over the last several days as he's been out in the park with Antonella.

He's done himself proud - reported to be well trained.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Live TV from London is showing Princess Anne at the Cenotaph - no Prince William.

(It's 4.30pm Saturday 25th here.)

Was he still meant to be at this event?

Is he busy because of baby?
Old 04-25-2015, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The early reports were that he was expected to be at this event. It was announced during the week that if he was unable to attend due to 'baby' then Anne would stand in.

Whether this means baby is on the way, I can't say. I am simply repeating the reports that I have heard/read this week.

How I work out the time difference between Sydney and London at this time of the year - when it is 8.00 p.m. in Sydney it will be 11.00 a.m. in London which to me says that it is approaching 8.00 am in London now (how I know is that I am a cricket tragic and now what time the test cricket stars in the UK - 8.00 p.m. here is the start of play which starts at 11.00 a.m.) Works in their cricket season but other than that I can't do it.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:00 AM
Courtier

Thanks Iluvbertie.

I'm waiting for Twitter to go off! - Perhaps it's too early for most though.

By 8.00am London time there may be an announcement if this is it.

Closed Thread