The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I just love it that this little unborn person has stumped us all! I do hope that mom and dad and Cheeks are not as anxious as we all are!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
Maybe a "May Day" baby? Wouldn't that be sweet!
I thought so as well. I don't know if we will wait until then, it seems a bit far in the future, but you never know, because we all thought the baby was already here by now .

I don't think she is already at 40 weeks. I did remenber that this time around the pregnancy annoucement was earlier than with George, because this time her illness stroke her sooner than last time. Maybe she was around 5/6 weeks then, which makes her around 38/39 weeks.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
Thank you all for the information.

I was thinking she was going to give birth early this week. It'll be soon, sure. I don't think she'll still be pregnant by wednesday next week.
Just after the announcement I thought she would give birth on 28th April.
Someone bet it would be the 26th.
And how many people hoped she would give birth on 21st...
Old 04-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Just after the announcement I thought she would give birth on 28th April.
Someone bet it would be the 26th.
And how many people hoped she would give birth on 21st...
She'll soon give birth, so you may be right.

I just noticed that wednesday (my predicted deadline) is their fourth wedding anniversary.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

This article says duchess went shopping on Monday.

So, it's quite possible she'll give birth in a week.

Royal Baby: Kate Middleton Shopping at Zara While Pregnant : People.com
Old 04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The court said she was due in April, wasn't she?
So let's suppose she is due on 30th April, and give ourselves a break.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Courtier

She said herself she due mid to late April. To me that means anytime between 15 and 30 April. Going shopping doesn't mean anything. really. Pregnancy isn't a diseases.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Not sure how true this is, but the Telegraph says her due date was yesterday.

Royal baby: Is Kate Middleton already overdue? - Telegraph

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is already a day overdue with her second child, Whitehall sources have suggested, raising the possibility that her labour may be induced in the coming days.

Several reports have suggested that the Duchess's due date is Saturday, April 25, but Whitehall sources have told The Telegraph they were briefed that the due date was actually Thursday, April 23.
My prediction is that she'll give birth this weekend.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think it is great for her to be out and about during her last few days of pregnancy if she can, there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Not sure how true this is, but the Telegraph says her due date was yesterday.

Royal baby: Is Kate Middleton already overdue? - Telegraph
All dates are speculation. Kensington Palace did not release a date nor did Catherine. Many people are saying her due date is April 25.

I am not sure what the fuss is about her due date exactly. A women can go into labour anytime, early or late. Im just glad that she has reached the end of her 9 months.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

I think the fuss is because it gives people a date to focus on. I know I was constantly asked about my due date when I was pregnant. But like you said, babies arrive when they arrive.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I think the fuss is because it gives people a date to focus on. I know I was constantly asked about my due date when I was pregnant. But like you said, babies arrive when they arrive.
Even when a due date is set babies arrive when they decide as you said. It would be nice for the palace to announce a date but then we won't have all the hype of the royal baby
Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post

Going shopping doesn't really mean anything. It could be that she's giving birth tomorrow. My mother said she woke up on my birth date with tremendous energy. She cleaned the whole house and was working on the bathroom when she realized she was having contractions. She then waited for dad to get home so he could shave her legs...
Old 04-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Courtier

I like the fact no due date is announced it adds to excitement.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

If the palace had announced the calculated due date, people would go crazy if Catherine were just a minute overdue. The crazy mob would probably demand that she give birth immediately, and how dare the baby be delayed! It's probably the best solution to keep the calculated date a secret.

I'm usually quite calm when it comes to waiting for births. The baby will certainly come sooner or later. But now even I get a bit caught up in all the impatience. It's contagious!

Old 04-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think the worst part of the wait will be when it's announced that she has been admitted into hospital. It's those few hours that seem that don't pass.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Even when a due date is set babies arrive when they decide as you said. It would be nice for the palace to announce a date but then we won't have all the hype of the royal baby
That's very true. Plus since everything about her pregnancy is discussed/reported on, I imagine it's nice to have some things they can keep private and only share with their family, or those close to them.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Going shopping is nothing. I am a nurse, and was working, taking care of ICU patients when labor began. I worked until the end of my shift, since contractions were not close together or regular and I was already at the the hospital, surrounded by medical staff!. I gave birth to my beautiful daughter about 10 hours later. Totally exhausted. In retrospect, I would not have stayed to finish out the shift. It was my first baby, I was stupid.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
She said herself she due mid to late April. To me that means anytime between 15 and 30 April. Going shopping doesn't mean anything. really. Pregnancy isn't a diseases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Going shopping doesn't really mean anything. It could be that she's giving birth tomorrow. My mother said she woke up on my birth date with tremendous energy. She cleaned the whole house and was working on the bathroom when she realized she was having contractions. She then waited for dad to get home so he could shave her legs...
Ah, nesting - right before I went into labor with my son I was seized with an inexplicable desire to reorganize the entire kitchen and proceeded to do so. My husband came in to check on me, saw every cupboard emptied, shook his head and left.
I'd think twice about shopping though, as her water could have broken in a shop (as mine did) and that would have been all over the papers, I'm sure.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Ah, nesting - right before I went into labor with my son I was seized with an inexplicable desire to reorganize the entire kitchen and proceeded to do so. My husband came in to check on me, saw every cupboard emptied, shook his head and left.
I'd think twice about shopping though, as her water could have broken in a shop (as mine did) and that would have been all over the papers, I'm sure.
Exactly my thought, I think she is very attentive.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

The all knowing internet says only about 5% of babies are born on their due date .

Closed Thread