The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Good heavens!! It's not that Second Coming...

Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just jumped & grabbed the iPad after hearing the BBC News Alert. No Baby news, but instead that a plot by extremists to attack the Vatican has been foiled. Not the first time I've been woken up by that thing this week thinking that maybe this time.... :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM

False "Official" Announcement

Anyone else get the false information "Kensington Palace have confirmed" about DoC being in labour around half hour or so ago ? Nothing on the news about it.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Courtier

The daily email from The Royal Forums I received today noted Kensington Palace has confirmed the Duchess has been admitted to hospital. But when I click on the link I get a message the page is not found.

Can anyone help me understand what that was all about?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I'll copy this over to this thread as well, just in case it gets bypassed:

Quote:
Hello everyone!

This message pertains to anyone who is subscribed to receive email notifications from the TRF Blog.

A glitch in our software a short time ago resulted in an entry being prepared to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to hospital being published instead of saving as a draft. Despite fixing the error on the blog and Twitter immediately, because of the automated set-up of the blog, I was unable to stop the email notification from being sent out.

As of right now, to our knowledge the Duchess of Cambridge is not in labour and has not been admitted to St Mary's.

My sincere apologies to everyone who gets their hopes up - or has a small heart attack like I did! - when opening the email.
I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Technology is brilliant, yet terrible at times.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I liked idea that could be true.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Who of us has not sent something out that they did not intend to?

Like you, JessRulz, I have a love hate relationship with technology. I love it when it works and I hate it when is screws something up. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Haha, wow. That's one heck of a time for technology to screw up :P Hahah
Old 04-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Tell me about it! You know that feeling where you just want to crawl underneath a rock and never come out? That's been me for the past hour. (Although, at least I didn't declare anyone falsely dead…)

Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62 View Post
Anyone else get the false information "Kensington Palace have confirmed" about DoC being in labour around half hour or so ago ? Nothing on the news about it.
Yes, I saw it on Facebook.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 AM

Thanks for letting us know. Just testing, hey??!!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Courtier

It would be funny if it turned out be true. Hahaha I hope she has it soon.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I still say May. Lets see and wait, but this is getting me nuts, because I keep checking this thread a few times a day
Maybe a "May Day" baby? Wouldn't that be sweet!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be surprised if the baby is born in May. The parking restriction ends at the end of April and I'm sure they took the due date plus time for her to be overdue and need induced into the equation.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Courtier

I'm terrible with math and never had children. Can we already consider she's overdue, taking the pregnancy announcement into consideration?

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Yes, I received news from RF she's in labour
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

We don't know her due date. Maybe it's 25, 27, 28. Any way, a prolonged prenancy is defined as one that lasts longer than 42 weeks. So maybe we have to wait until the mid-May. I wonder if Catherine has a tendency to slightly overdue or it's just a very good medical care?(baby still feels comfortable within)
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
I'm terrible with math and never had children. Can we already consider she's overdue, taking the pregnancy announcement into consideration?
Yes I think it safe to say she most likely overdue. Her Due Date was Mid April which was the 10th to the 20th. It is now the 24th.

So that mean she now 40-42 weeks. However I think it highly unlikely she 42 Weeks, I would be surprise if they let her get that far. If she was due the 10th she would be 42 weeks today but again I would be surprise if they let it get this far with nothing.

So she is probably somewhere in the middle of 40-41 weeks. If she was due Monday she now 4 days overdue. If she doesn't give Birth by Sunday evening I predict a birth sometime form the early part to the middle of next week. By this point next week she would be 41 weeks.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

4 days is still safe. But I was hoping she would give birth little earlier this time.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Thank you all for the information.

I was thinking she was going to give birth early this week. It'll be soon, sure. I don't think she'll still be pregnant by wednesday next week.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Closed Thread