The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

So. Duchess is due from any day now starting tomorrow.

Parking Notice Gives Clue To Kate's Due Date

Old 04-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is one person that could precisely tell us just when the birth will occur but unfortunately, we have no clue when he/she will be around to tell us. My guess would be "when I'm good and ready" would be an interview response.
And adding that a baby is not bound to the due date, no one knows when the baby will come nor how long will be the birth. We can wake up tomorrow and learn through the same announcement HRH the Duchess of Cambridge has been rushed to the hospital where she has safely delivered an healthy baby.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 57m 57 minutes ago
Outside the private hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge plans to give birth. The baby's due during #GE2015 .
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...96443169976320
Are there also any restrictions for other parents-to-be who want to give birth at Lindo Wing? Can other parents-to-be give birth at Lindo Wing during the wait on Royal Baby # 2?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are there also any restrictions for other parents-to-be who want to give birth at Lindo Wing? Can other parents-to-be give birth at Lindo Wing during the wait on Royal Baby # 2?
I can't imagine the Lindo Wing turning away two weeks or more worth of business!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

So I guess her due date is April 22nd. The parking restrictions start tomorrow (or today , depending on your timezone ) and end on April 30th , that's 2 weeks . So I think they went with 1 week before the date and one week after the date .
Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although our moon can and does affect things on our Earth (one reason why we have so many lunatics ), the moon does not affect women giving birth and/or menses. Friday the 13th first started being deemed "unlucky" because of the raid on, arrests of and execution of the Knights Templar on October 13, 1307. Nada to do with women at all. Black cats were supposedly a favorite familiar to witches (I've had a few and it wasn't because of beliefs but because I inherited them).

There is one person that could precisely tell us just when the birth will occur but unfortunately, we have no clue when he/she will be around to tell us. My guess would be "when I'm good and ready" would be an interview response.

So we wait.

My cousin is a Nurse & she just shudders over Full Moons on Saturday Nights. The stories she can tell...

I think it would be lovely if the baby was born on HM's Birthday. Don't know of course, but it would be lovely. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
My cousin is a Nurse & she just shudders over Full Moons on Saturday Nights. The stories she can tell...

I think it would be lovely if the baby was born on HM's Birthday. Don't know of course, but it would be lovely. :)
My hubby is a retired EMT and there were many times when a day got overly crazy out there with emergency calls that he'd ask me if it was a full moon. Yeps... things get loony for sure eh?

I think it would be special also if the baby was born on the Queen's birth date as that would be something "just for him/her" that is shared with Great Granny that would last a lifetime.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Courtier

I'm a nurse. I can say without reservation or hyperbole that full moons are the bastians of crazy and are the harbingers of woe. Patients who are always pleasant suddenly become unruly. Patients who pretty much never ring the call bell will literally ring every 5 minutes. Patients who have no issues sleeping will sleep poorly or need sedation to sleep. Patients who are medically stable will become unstable. We will suddenly have several admissions to our unit throught the day. These are just the things off the top of my head - and that's not even the weird stuff!!!...sorry to stray off track!!

It would be lovely for HM if the baby was born on her birthday - the 21st. I bet she would be absolutely delighted!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Just FYI, the next full moon won't be until May 4th so the craziness outside of the Lindo Wing won't have any celestial help unless Kate is late enough to go into labor on May 4th.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Every day that goes by the closer and closer we get to the birth. I am getting excited now.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Every day that goes by the closer and closer we get to the birth. I am getting excited now.
I must admit that a few times a day something reminds me that we are now close to the big day and then I check to see if there is any news!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
It would be lovely for HM if the baby was born on her birthday - the 21st. I bet she would be absolutely delighted!
April 21st is my sentimental hope as well.... I think a lovely bit of family continuity for a child to be born on their great grandmother's birthday.

conversely - I hope the child is not born on April 29th; it wouldn't be terrible, but ideally couples should have that day for themselves - and not shared with children's birthdays parties.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Commoner

It would be lovely for HM if the baby was born on her birthday - the 21st. I bet she would be absolutely delighted![/QUOTE]

Yes and no. It would be lovely for them to share a birthday but later - after HM passes - maybe not so much.

Just thank goodness the baby didn't arrive on Charles and Camilla's anniversary!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes and no. It would be lovely for them to share a birthday but later - after HM passes - maybe not so much.

Just thank goodness the baby didn't arrive on Charles and Camilla's anniversary!
Personally, I think if the baby had arrived on Camilla's birthday, it would be a cause for a happy celebration in the family.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

Ha! Don't you know some people would find a way to make it yet another of scheming Camillas dastardly plots...Seriously though what a wonderful birthday present to it would have been to receive!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineDofCFan View Post

I was born on my grandmother's birthday, one year after she died. I have always felt very special! I think it would a wonderful day for a young princess.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Ha! Don't you know some people would find a way to make it yet another of scheming Camillas dastardly plots...Seriously though what a wonderful birthday present to it would have been to receive!
Most times when people are newer here, it takes a while for them to realize that we're not like many other places out there and its not the norm here to insinuate slurs against anyone here.

Actually, I meant to say anniversary in my previous post. Kate would really have to go very very late in the pregnancy to have the baby on Camilla's birth date. No matter what day the baby is born on, it will be that little person's very own special day no matter what.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineDofCFan View Post
Yes and no. It would be lovely for them to share a birthday but later - after HM passes - maybe not so much.[/QUOTE]

My paternal grandpa was born on the same day as the queen, only 4 years earlier; during a severe ice storm (imagine that, an ice storm the third week of April in southern Ontario!) My great-grandpa called the doctor but he never got there, so their neighbour performed the delivery. Grandpa would be 93 this coming Tuesday if he was still alive. My dad, on the other hand, was born the day after his dad's 30th birthday, so he's going to be 63 a week from today, the 22nd; the same age as Grandpa was when he retired, but my dad isn't ready to retire QUITE yet. All 5 of my cousins had been born by that time (all boys), but not me or my two younger brothers. And no, my parents do NOT want grandchildren at this point of their lives, but maybe 10 years from now, when my brothers and I are in our early and mid 30's.

It would be great if Will and Kate's baby came on the 21st, 22nd or 29th!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:44 AM
Commoner

I hope it's alright to post this here. If not, Mods kindly disregard and remove. I thought it might help to put costs into perspective between the U.S. and Britain for obstetric care.
The Royal Baby will actually be cheaper than giving birth uninsured in the USA - Mirror Online

Old 04-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 4h 4 hours ago
Workmen putting up pens to hold more than 100 media people opposite St Mary's hospital's Lindo Wing #RoyalBaby
https://twitter.com/SPerryPeoplemag/...47380410568704

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
#RoyalBaby fever building RT @HuffPostUKPics: Security barriers outside the Lindo Wing
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...79765889929216

Max Foster @MaxFosterCNN · 34m 34 minutes ago
#RoyalBaby media machine firing up...
https://twitter.com/MaxFosterCNN/sta...94330283528192

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread