The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I read on twitter that parking restrictions start from the 13th... The due date might be on that week, although it means little...
Well, anything's possible at this stage - at least it will allow the security services to do their checks and prepare in advance.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, anything's possible at this stage - at least it will allow the security services to do their checks and prepare in advance.
Yep! I think this time the whole deal has been well organised! Or at least I hope it will turn out like that!. That's really no need of a exhausting long month of circus!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

You would want to clear the cars out well before you need them clear because anything left after the deadline would have to be checked out before towed. The manholes and sewers would have to be checked too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yep! I think this time the whole deal has been well organised! Or at least I hope it will turn out like that!. That's really no need of a exhausting long month of circus!
What makes you think that things had not been well organised the last time around? The press had to wait, as I suspect they might have to this time, because George took his own sweet time to arrive.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:51 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It was not well organised last time because the press were allowed to camp out in front of the hospital for three weeks before anything even happened.

The fact that this time, the press have been told they cannot do so until Kate is admitted indicates - at least to me - that the royal court felt that the way it happened last time was not ideal, for anyone, and not something they want a repeat of.

Hence, better/more organisation this time around.

(Was there even a press meeting in preparation for George's birth like the one held yesterday?)
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

It was not well organised last time because the press were allowed to camp out in front of the hospital for three weeks before anything even happened.

The fact that this time, the press have been told they cannot do so until Kate is admitted indicates - at least to me - that the royal court felt that the way it happened last time was not ideal, for anyone, and not something they want a repeat of.

Hence, better/more organisation this time around.

(Was there even a press meeting in preparation for George's birth like the one held yesterday?)
There was indeed a press briefing. Also, the decision to allow the press to camp outside the hospital is not for the Palace, but the local council and the Police.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Well, local council, police or palace - someone clearly felt last time was not handled well in relation to the media gathering and has made different (better) arrangements this time around.

Interesting there was a press briefing for George's birth - it didn't seem like it did too much.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Well, local council, police or palace - someone clearly felt last time was not handled well in relation to the media gathering and has made different (better) arrangements this time around.

Interesting there was a press briefing for George's birth - it didn't seem like it did too much.
I agree. The palace may well have contact the police/security services to discuss the issue - perhaps simply because they did not want photographers on every street corner by the hospital trying to catch a glimpse of Catherine arriving. The police/security services would in turn have discussed arrangements with the local council to check out by-laws/road closures etc and it goes from there.

I must confess, that three weeks of being told nothing was happening became quite tiring last time round, so these reviewed arrangements do seem better.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I must confess, that three weeks of being told nothing was happening became quite tiring last time round, so these reviewed arrangements do seem better.
The very same thing could well happen again. If it is such a bother, switch channels or websites
Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st but this is only the second child, the spare so there won't be as many press e.g. I don't think that all the overseas networks will have their personnel on the ground over there as much as use the feed from the local networks. Simply point - in the grand scheme of things this baby isn't as important as George's birth was.

I know that there have been many younger children who have succeeded but the reasons are less likely to occur in the present day than they did in the past. Accidents can happen of course but in the normal course of medical reasons diseases like influenza, which killed Eddy, or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.
That is the sad side of primogeniture, uppn which hereditary monarchy is based, One child ends up being "not as important" as the other !
Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Serene Highness

As long as they are just as important to the family itself and treated equally with the other children.Princess Margaret was not given the same education or guidance from her parents as her sister that she badly needed and wanted and look how it turned out.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What makes you think that things had not been well organised the last time around? The press had to wait, as I suspect they might have to this time, because George took his own sweet time to arrive.
I don't know, but on George's long wait it seemed so chaotic. And at least the press won't be standing like that in front of a hospital for a month, don't you think?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't know, but on George's long wait it seemed so chaotic. And at least the press won't be standing like that in front of a hospital for a month, don't you think?
Might that not have just been because of the general excitement with the birth of a future King, and the first "main line" royal birth of the generation?

In any case, there will be a lot less excitement this time as it is not the future monarch that will be born, and we have just been through the excitement of a royal birth less than two years ago.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Might that not have just been because of the general excitement with the birth of a future King, and the first "main line" royal birth of the generation?

In any case, there will be a lot less excitement this time as it is not the future monarch that will be born, and we have just been through the excitement of a royal birth less than two years ago.

Yes, but it is better for the hospital ( staff, patients and visitors) that media will not be there with cameras on for a long time, anyway...
Old 04-10-2015, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The very same thing could well happen again. If it is such a bother, switch channels or websites
If the media will not be allowed to camp outside until Catherine has been admitted, I cannot see how there will be a repeat of what happened last time, unless Catherine has a three-week labour

It was no bother for me checking every news report I could lay my hands on to see if there was any news, just rather tiring that's all.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
As long as they are just as important to the family itself and treated equally with the other children.Princess Margaret was not given the same education or guidance from her parents as her sister that she badly needed and wanted and look how it turned out.

The only difference between the sisters was Elizabeth had a extra tutor in history which was taught by a Eton don. They were taught French and dancing, etc things that a lady would need to know. If they would have been boys, they would have been shipped off to the Royal Navy like their father and uncles and grandfather. Their education was the norm for daughters of aristocratic families at that time.

Look at William and Harry- they went to the exact same schools until Wills goes to university Harry decides not to. Peter, Zara, Bea & Eugenie all went university.

All the Middletons kids got a top notch private school education and Pippa and Kate have university degrees.

So this child isn't going to be denied an education because he/she is the direct heir like George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think the "Great Kate Wait" started last time as Will & Kate had only disclosed a July birth and with Diana's birthday being July 1st; it served as a sentimental launching date. I believe it was no accident that Kate 'let it slip' a few weeks ago that this baby was due mid-late April. I believe no one wants to be just hanging around... it also takes press resources from other royal events occurring in the month. This is the better solution all around.

Personally I hope Kate is admitted and the baby is born in the wee hours of the morning and the only 'announcement' made is that the Duchess of Cambridge has safely delivered a new prince/princess. I believe the remarks made about respecting this being a private event lends itself to the awkwardness felt of being in a hospital giving birth knowing the press is right outside waiting for word.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Nobility

I think everyone, including William and Kate, were caught out by the sheer craziness of George's birth. I mean, I really didn't expect it to be so big with hundreds of news crews and photographers from all over the world camping out for literally weeks. I don't think anything quite like that has happened before and, to be honest, I hope it doesn't again.

A more controlled and organised approach from all involved is very much preferable.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Despite the media camping out and the hoopla that followed, waiting for George to arrive was beyond exciting and now the excitement will occur again with the new arrival.

I think William and Catherine have felt nothing but love and support since they've started a family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think the "Great Kate Wait" started last time as Will & Kate had only disclosed a July birth and with Diana's birthday being July 1st; it served as a sentimental launching date. I believe it was no accident that Kate 'let it slip' a few weeks ago that this baby was due mid-late April. I believe no one wants to be just hanging around... it also takes press resources from other royal events occurring in the month. This is the better solution all around.

Personally I hope Kate is admitted and the baby is born in the wee hours of the morning and the only 'announcement' made is that the Duchess of Cambridge has safely delivered a new prince/princess. I believe the remarks made about respecting this being a private event lends itself to the awkwardness felt of being in a hospital giving birth knowing the press is right outside waiting for word.
Kate actually said that George would be born mid-July. The media decide to camp out on July 1st because they bought into their own lie or because they were hoping George would have been born early

http://www.today.com/news/duchess-ka...july-1B9231172
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-22976895

Closed Thread