The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fuss is because it gives people a date to focus on. I know I was constantly asked about my due date when I was pregnant. But like you said, babies arrive when they arrive.

Even when a due date is set babies arrive when they decide as you said. It would be nice for the palace to announce a date but then we won't have all the hype of the royal baby :)

This article says duchess went shopping on Monday.

So, it's quite possible she'll give birth in a week.

Royal Baby: Kate Middleton Shopping at Zara While Pregnant : People.com

Going shopping doesn't really mean anything. It could be that she's giving birth tomorrow. My mother said she woke up on my birth date with tremendous energy. She cleaned the whole house and was working on the bathroom when she realized she was having contractions. She then waited for dad to get home so he could shave her legs...

If the palace had announced the calculated due date, people would go crazy if Catherine were just a minute overdue. The crazy mob would probably demand that she give birth immediately, and how dare the baby be delayed! It's probably the best solution to keep the calculated date a secret.

I'm usually quite calm when it comes to waiting for births. The baby will certainly come sooner or later. But now even I get a bit caught up in all the impatience;). It's contagious!

:previous:

I think the worst part of the wait will be when it's announced that she has been admitted into hospital. It's those few hours that seem that don't pass.

Even when a due date is set babies arrive when they decide as you said. It would be nice for the palace to announce a date but then we won't have all the hype of the royal baby :)

That's very true. Plus since everything about her pregnancy is discussed/reported on, I imagine it's nice to have some things they can keep private and only share with their family, or those close to them.

Going shopping is nothing. I am a nurse, and was working, taking care of ICU patients when labor began. I worked until the end of my shift, since contractions were not close together or regular and I was already at the the hospital, surrounded by medical staff!. I gave birth to my beautiful daughter about 10 hours later. Totally exhausted. In retrospect, I would not have stayed to finish out the shift. It was my first baby, I was stupid.

This article says duchess went shopping on Monday.

So, it's quite possible she'll give birth in a week.

Royal Baby: Kate Middleton Shopping at Zara While Pregnant : People.com

She said herself she due mid to late April. To me that means anytime between 15 and 30 April. Going shopping doesn't mean anything. really. Pregnancy isn't a diseases.

Going shopping doesn't really mean anything. It could be that she's giving birth tomorrow. My mother said she woke up on my birth date with tremendous energy. She cleaned the whole house and was working on the bathroom when she realized she was having contractions. She then waited for dad to get home so he could shave her legs...
Ah, nesting - right before I went into labor with my son I was seized with an inexplicable desire to reorganize the entire kitchen and proceeded to do so. My husband came in to check on me, saw every cupboard emptied, shook his head and left.
I'd think twice about shopping though, as her water could have broken in a shop (as mine did) and that would have been all over the papers, I'm sure.

Ah, nesting - right before I went into labor with my son I was seized with an inexplicable desire to reorganize the entire kitchen and proceeded to do so. My husband came in to check on me, saw every cupboard emptied, shook his head and left.
I'd think twice about shopping though, as her water could have broken in a shop (as mine did) and that would have been all over the papers, I'm sure.

Exactly my thought, I think she is very attentive.

The all knowing internet says only about 5% of babies are born on their due date .

Walking is also one of the recommendations made to induce labor when you're ready to go. She might have decided to go shopping to see if that might help things along, especially if she's already past her due date.

I do hope she gives birth this weekend. I start a new job Monday and don't want to be distracted with the excitement of a new HRH of Cambridge next week. Yes, I'm a bit selfish like that, lol. ;-)

I know William, Catherine and George must be running through the house with excitement, and a few nerves too.

The all knowing internet says only about 5% of babies are born on their due date .
But still most of the babies are born within a week before and a week after that due date.

I know William, Catherine and George must be running through the house with excitement, and a few nerves too.
I think George is not too aware of how a big milestone is to come.:flowers:

Out of curiosity, (just to spend time:p) is it true that boys tend to be overdue more than girls? (I think Kate's sue date is the 29th, btw):flowers:

I think George is not too aware of how a big milestone is to come.:flowers:
I even feel a bit of envy... His lifestyle won't change much after the appearance of newborn. I mean in regular families parents usually pay more attention to the younger child, but George wil always be "more important'.

I have a feeling she'll deliver on Sunday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

My mother's waters broke in a supermarket:lol:

Marty91charmed said:
Out of curiosity, (just to spend time
OTo+LUmYBMwGFuFjiq69cCQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
) is it true that boys tend to be overdue more than girls? (I think Kate's sue date is the 29th, btw)
wYEkIiOhClDA+giSMSKX8UQMCCNjgAQp5lOGSQBREKeVEgbgASAhvuCGFKR0NJKaUBDlQQgxAABFDCQ3B+VBAADs=
Though I don't believe in that, because it's very subjective, my brother was in fact overdue, he was supposed to be born late May, but ended up bein' born in June. I, as a girl, seem to be of those 5% that are born on the due date. The doctor's said to my mom september 28th, and I was born on that exact date :D

Kellin said:
I even feel a bit of envy... His lifestyle won't change much after the appearance of newborn. I mean in regular families parents usually pay more attention to the younger child, but George wil always be "more important'.
Well, in fact it is true. It doesn't mean the youngest is more loved, the parents loves all their children, but the youngest is the most spoiled :)

Last edited:
If they have put in parking restrictions from the 15 to the 30 don't you think the due date is probably in the middle? She did go late with her first but all my friends and family did too, not me. The subsequent children seem to go sooner.
I think she was probably due on the 22 and will have the baby tomorrow. Another boy

Well, it's clear that today we are not gonna get any news. It's almost time for breakout.

Still predicting an Anzac Day baby. 25th also coincides with the birthday of Catherine's late maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith. Hopefully at least then Harry will get to meet his new niece or nephew when he is back in London on the 26th. Fingers crossed! Can't stand the suspense any longer!

Babies are born when they are ready (barring any medical conditions). My two nieces, who are sisters, were 12 days & 13 days late. When they were pregnant with due dates 15 days apart, one delivered 2 days early (Christmas) & the other delivered 1 day early.

I predict the baby will be born April 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I'll copy this over to this thread as well, just in case it gets bypassed:

I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Technology is brilliant, yet terrible at times.

I've got an extra White Cane, as a spare, in my closet if you'd like to borrow to use on the thing? ;)

I got badly Glutened Wednesday and due to that, the last day and a bit have not been fun. I kind of hope this lil HRH waits till Sunday. Just so I can catch up on sleep!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Babies are born when they are ready (barring any medical conditions). My two nieces, who are sisters, were 12 days & 13 days late. When they were pregnant with due dates 15 days apart, one delivered 2 days early (Christmas) & the other delivered 1 day early.

I predict the baby will be born April 29.
Both of my sons were born a week early. Babies are born when they are ready, sex is not a factor.

Is this a sign it's getting close?

The Duchess's mother attended her hairdresser Friday 24th London time, (currently late morning Saturday 25th were I am, not sure of the time difference.)

Richard Ward gave Mrs Middleton a cut and blow-dry.

Getting ready for all the Lindo Wing steps snappers - or just a regular appointment?

I'm not going to be suprised if it is all still some time away.

Navy blazer, skinny jeans, striped shirt and flats - Carole sounds like she knows how to dress smartly, but comfortably.

One of the first to know may be a lady working for a French magazine who has been stationed at Kennsington Palace, perhaps waiting to see the Duke and Duchess head of to St. Mary's Hospital.

She's certainly aware of who's who, and has posted photos she's taken of Lupo Cambridge over the last several days as he's been out in the park with Antonella.

He's done himself proud - reported to be well trained.

Last edited:
Live TV from London is showing Princess Anne at the Cenotaph - no Prince William.

(It's 4.30pm Saturday 25th here.)

Was he still meant to be at this event?

Is he busy because of baby?

Last edited:
The early reports were that he was expected to be at this event. It was announced during the week that if he was unable to attend due to 'baby' then Anne would stand in.

Whether this means baby is on the way, I can't say. I am simply repeating the reports that I have heard/read this week.

How I work out the time difference between Sydney and London at this time of the year - when it is 8.00 p.m. in Sydney it will be 11.00 a.m. in London which to me says that it is approaching 8.00 am in London now (how I know is that I am a cricket tragic and now what time the test cricket stars in the UK - 8.00 p.m. here is the start of play which starts at 11.00 a.m.) Works in their cricket season but other than that I can't do it.

Last edited:
Thanks Iluvbertie.

I'm waiting for Twitter to go off! - Perhaps it's too early for most though.

By 8.00am London time there may be an announcement if this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom