The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Or that the hospital wants to avoid the crowds and the police want to avoid cost.
I would definitely go with the hospital wanting to avoid the crowds gathering outside. It could turn out to be inconvenient for the other patients and staff and business as usual for the hospital. No one likes a three ring circus when they need medical care.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Or that the hospital wants to avoid the crowds and the police want to avoid cost.

Oh, very true. I think they've told the press when they can start getting ready for the birth so as to make things more convenient for the hospital. However, if she was due on the 5th then it seems unlikely that they would tell the press that they couldn't get set up at the hospital until the 15th. It seems likely to me that she has a later due date so to keep the press from waiting outside the hospital for weeks before she's even due they've narrowed the timeline from "she's due anytime in April" to "she's due sometime between April 15th and April 30th".

Old 04-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

If they can tell the media not to set up until April 15th, why can't they tell them they can't set up until Catherine checks in. The media missed her arrival the last time, they can miss this one too. It's not a good time to have your picture taken.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
If they can tell the media not to set up until April 15th, why can't they tell them they can't set up until Catherine checks in. The media missed her arrival the last time, they can miss this one too. It's not a good time to have your picture taken.

I think they can only run their cabling starting the 15th but can't start showing up until she is admitted. There is a briefing apparently on the 9th on how the process is going to work.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-thought.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Isn't that the truth!
Old 04-05-2015, 03:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, the press actually did manage to get a picture of Catherine when she arrived at St Mary's to give birth to Prince George, but decided against publishing it. I understand she arrived in an unmarked Saab, owned by the Police.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st but this is only the second child, the spare so there won't be as many press e.g. I don't think that all the overseas networks will have their personnel on the ground over there as much as use the feed from the local networks. Simply point - in the grand scheme of things this baby isn't as important as George's birth was.

I know that there have been many younger children who have succeeded but the reasons are less likely to occur in the present day than they did in the past. Accidents can happen of course but in the normal course of medical reasons diseases like influenza, which killed Eddy, or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
... or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.
Hmmm, we seem to keep producing a lot of twice divorced Americans if that's what an heir wants to look for.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st .

That's because they collectively started to believe their own invented due date of July 11th and combined that with "what if the baby comes early" panic.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yep the media assumed the baby was going to come early, so they set up at the beginning of the month. I remember many of the reporters saying that it was complete chaos.

That's why I don't blame KP (and the hospital) for keeping the media away until the 15th. No one wants a repeat of what happened last time. I imagine it was quite disruptive for the patients and the hospital staff. Having a set day and assigned spots for the media, ensures that there is much less chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Speaking of waiting for the baby, now every time this thread is on top of the page I'm hoping for THE big news
I know. Every time I see this thread, I expect to come in and see an announcement.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If I am not mistaken, the press actually did manage to get a picture of Catherine when she arrived at St Mary's to give birth to Prince George, but decided against publishing it. I understand she arrived in an unmarked Saab, owned by the Police.

IIRC it was two Italian Paps who saw them arrive, but both thought back to when they were first time Dads/bringing their Wives in labour to the Hospital and decided to not to take the picture.

Also the only time I've seen any of the Paparazzi actions praised on here ever, but deserved.

When Kate is officially in Labour, there'll be a separate thread started by the Mods. Just thought I'd mention that for our new Members who haven't been around for a Royal Baby Watch yet. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It was two photographers from London that saw them arrive. They were actually the first ones to break the news. I remember being on twitter and seeing a tweet from one of them saying Kate had gone into labor.

They had decided ahead of time not to take any photos of her, but they did take photos of their car and the protection officers entering the hospital.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Courtier

This Photo has been making the rounds on Facebook and Twitter for last hour or so:

Two giants teddy Bears in front of Buckingham Palace: One has a blue Ribbon and the other a Pink.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2da0mqw.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/27yao1w.jpg
Old 04-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems that comes from a promotion campaign

Pictures Of The Day: The Best Images From Around The World On Wednesday 8th April 2015
Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 53m 53 minutes ago
According to The Beast, the press have a briefing about prep for baby 2's arrival tomorrow #royalbaby2

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3m 3 minutes ago
Contrary to some reports, it's been confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge don't know if their second child will be a boy or girl.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 4m 4 minutes ago
Accredited media will only be allowed to take up allocated positions outside the Lindo Wing AFTER the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go to Kensington Palace for a couple of days and then Anmer Hall in Norfolk after baby no 2.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54s 54 seconds ago
Palace spokesman says William and Kate want to thank people around the UK and world for their good wishes over their impending new arrival.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 6 seconds ago
"They know that people are excited that Prince George will soon have a little brother or sister and it means a great deal to them that so..

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 4 seconds ago
"..many will be celebrating this important moment for their family," the spokesman says.

British Royals @britishroyals · 36s 36 seconds ago
Note: If the new #royalbaby arrives after 10pm no announcement will be made until at least 8am the following day.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 12 seconds ago
He might be a helicopter pilot but Prince William faces a two-hour dash by car to hospital if Kate goes into labour while he's at work.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 12m 12 minutes ago
Not expecting to see much of Kate & William this summer after the royal birth. They will be in Norfolk where Wills will take up his new role

Not expecting to see much of Kate & William this summer after the royal birth as after an initial couple of days at Kensington Palace following the birth, the young family reside in Norfolk where William will take up his new air ambulance role following 2 weeks paternity leave.
https://www.facebook.com/markstewart...53245086114721

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
William is currently training at three airports - Staverton in Gloucestershire, Norwich, and Cambridge but mainly Staverton.

I'm also glad things are being straightened out.

I know William & Catherine and all their families are excited.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3m 3 minutes ago
Contrary to some reports, it's been confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge don't know if their second child will be a boy or girl.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 4m 4 minutes ago
Accredited media will only be allowed to take up allocated positions outside the Lindo Wing AFTER the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go to Kensington Palace for a couple of days and then Anmer Hall in Norfolk after baby no 2.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54s 54 seconds ago
Palace spokesman says William and Kate want to thank people around the UK and world for their good wishes over their impending new arrival.
Glad they put these clarifications out. Might help quell some of the on-going speculation.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 53m 53 minutes ago
According to The Beast, the press have a briefing about prep for baby 2's arrival tomorrow #royalbaby2
I had to read that twice - the briefing being tomorrow and not the baby's arrival!
Old 04-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 11m 11 minutes ago
William & Kate will decide on the day whether or not to bring Prince George to see new his new sibling at St Mary's Hospital #royalbaby

British Royals @britishroyals · 28m 28 minutes ago
KEY POINTS announced today about the next royal birth. #RoyalBaby #William #Kate #PrinceGeorge
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...89379854409729

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 9m 9 minutes ago
Guy Thorpe-Beeston, appointed surgeon-gynaecologist to the Royal Household in June 2014, will be assisted by Alan Farthing at the birth.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 8m 8 minutes ago
Mr Farthing holds the title of surgeon-gynaecologist and, as far as I can see, is more senior in the household.

"William, 32, will take two weeks' paternity leave, then return to air ambulance training. Kate is expected to take longer maternity leave than last time to be with both the children.

She is likely to attend Trooping the Colour on June 13 and perhaps a couple of other set piece royal events but it is expected to be several months before she returns to official duties. Last time she was back for a couple of engagements in under two months before taking more leave."
Prince William's hospital dash for birth of second child-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ton-royal-baby

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I read on twitter that parking restrictions start from the 13th... The due date might be on that week, although it means little...