The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

William and Catherine has mentioned on their most recent and last engagements, the baby is due very soon. So the wait won't be long as it was with George. The coming days will be interesting.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Traditions can be started at any point in history, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will follow a two-year-old tradition by announcing the birth of their second child on Twitter.

News of Prince George's birth was tweeted by Clarence House, as well as appearing on the British Monarchy's Facebook page when he was born on July 22, 2013.

Social media will also be used to spread the news this time around, as it is likely to be for all future royal babies. The mainstream media, however, will be given a momentary head start with the news being emailed to royal correspondents in time for them to break the news online and on television before the first Palace tweet is published.
More: Royal baby: How will the news of the birth be announced? - Telegraph

Old 04-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I would imagine there is an announcement window such as if the baby comes at 2 AM that they would wait until the morning to call the all the people that need called before making the announcement public.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I would imagine there is an announcement window such as if the baby comes at 2 AM that they would wait until the morning to call the all the people that need called before making the announcement public.

Honestly, I doubt that. The news would leak if they tried to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

They waited 4 hours after George was born and it didn't leak. They hospital staff would probably have signed confidentially agreements. The nurse isn't going to pull out a phone and live tweet from the hospital room. Rebecca and Miguel are going to be there along with most likely Jason and Nick as the press officers and they aren't leaking.

If the baby comes in the middle of the night, the papers are already out. Are the TV stations going to break in or wouldn't they rather have the announcement during their morning shows.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 AM
Serene Highness

I hope the baby comes on their anniversary. That would be super special.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Gabrielle - I love the tiara in your avatar! Irrelevant to the thread topic, but just had to say.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Nobility

While reading a magazine on the royals,comparing with PG while pregnant,she almost looks the same belly wise...
This baby has me puzzled.
First I strongly thought she was having a girl,I have to change and go with another son...belly size ...very similar.....
Old 04-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Belly size really doesn't matter when it comes to gender.

LaRae
Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

♛ Mary Lynch ♛ ‏@princesspleats
The Royal Baby will receive a 41 gun salute from the @KingsTroopRHA and a 62 gun salute from the @HAC_TheCompany
Old 04-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry but I think the baby will come sooner than I predicted the queens birthday, doc has looked quite uncomfortable, I cpredict April 10 and another boy
Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Sorry but I think the baby will come sooner than I predicted the queens birthday, doc has looked quite uncomfortable, I cpredict April 10 and another boy
Okay, bet on.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

Press and photographers waiting at the hospital gets started up again?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Kate Middleton’s second child is due this month and no group of people is more excited than the Monarchist League.

In anticipation of the newest addition to the royal family, the league’s Ottawa branch threw an Easter-themed baby shower on Thursday night at the HMCS Bytown Officers’ Mess.

The royal family has become a focus of public attention since Kate Middleton stepped on the scene. But the Monarchist League of Canada has been championing the royal family since 1970. The non-partisan, non-profit society is dedicated to celebrating the Crown and educating Canadians on the country’s system of governance — the constitutional monarchy.
More: Monarchist League hosts royal baby shower | Ottawa Citizen
Old 04-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Press and photographers waiting at the hospital gets started up again?
Media have been told that they cannot beginning waiting outside until the 15th April.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Speaking of waiting for the baby, now every time this thread is on top of the page I'm hoping for THE big news
Old 04-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Media have been told that they cannot beginning waiting outside until the 15th April.

That suggests an end of the month due date...
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Calling the A team!

The medical crew set to help Princess Kate give birth in the coming weeks are preparing for another spell in the limelight.

Royal doctors Alan Farthing and Guy Thorpe-Beeston head up the elite squad who will help Kate, 33, and husband William, 32, welcome their second child into the world.

And they are very familiar to the royal couple. The two surgeons were present for Prince George's birth at the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London. They were also the doctors chosen to stay by Kate's side when she suffered severe pregnancy illness last fall.

The rest of the team may include neonatologist Sunit Godambe, an anesthetist and a team of midwives. Last time, Kate reportedly had a team of four midwives helping her, led by Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, professor of midwifery at the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
More: Kate Middleton's Second Baby: The Doctors Who'll Handle the Delivery : People.com
Old 04-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Nobility

My bet is going to another prince 'Arthur' arrives april 14th
Old 04-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
That suggests an end of the month due date...
Or that the hospital wants to avoid the crowds and the police want to avoid cost.