The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

They had been talking about marriage for a couple of years, before they actually announced their engagement. We learned this in their engagement interview. I think Harry and Charles and the rest of the family was wondering when they would marry. They did it on their own time and when it was right. They really are a happy husband and wife and parents. I hope and pray that they will continue to be blessed with many, many more years of happiness.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They had been talking about marriage for a couple of years, before they actually announced their engagement. We learned this in their engagement interview. I think Harry and Charles and the rest of the family was wondering when they would marry. They did it on their own time and when it was right. They really are a happy husband and wife and parents. I hope and pray that they will continue to be blessed with many, many more years of happiness.

Amen to that!! :)

Wonder if this little one will end up making April 29th an even more special day for the Cambridges? Lovely if that ends up being the case. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 10-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Amen to that!! :)

Wonder if this little one will end up making April 29th an even more special day for the Cambridges? Lovely if that ends up being the case. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I don't know, but the thought of the baby being born in April must really have excited them. I'm excited for them. It's beautiful to watch this family grow.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I disagree. I think W&K did the right thing of waiting and making sure that marriage was the absolutely right way to go for the two of them. With so much extra baggage that comes from being married into the royal family, I'm glad they took their time to assure that the relationship was strong enough to withstand whatever would be thrown at them.

As the saying goes: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure".

I agree; People are waiting much longer to marry these days, and I think it's a positive thing.

They know what they want to a greater extent, and they also are more realistic.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Before 2007 William probably felt he was too young to marry. After the short break in 2007 he was training for the RAF. I think Harry joked, following the engagement, that the family wondered whether they would ever get around to marriage. It has been said that Carole had a word in William's ear in about 2009, and he reassured her, but it was a very long haul.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they had an agreement, they would marry, for several years prior to the engagement..a lengthy one due to his career path and I think also enough time for Kate to be certain that is the life she really wanted. I think after all his mother (and father for that matter) went thru he wanted to cover all the bases.

LaRae
Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent_spark View Post
The British monarchy is safe now, of that we can be sure. what relief!
Prince William should have married much earlier. It was perilous to wait for so long. Now he's having children in his early 30s.. This is what I always say to young people: marry as fast as you can. Don't be too picky. They never listen. They think they know better. I wish the Duchess of Cambridge a safe pregnancy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I disagree. I think W&K did the right thing of waiting and making sure that marriage was the absolutely right way to go for the two of them. With so much extra baggage that comes from being married into the royal family, I'm glad they took their time to assure that the relationship was strong enough to withstand whatever would be thrown at them.

As the saying goes: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure".
I think Kent Spark was being sarcastic, at least that is how I took his or her response.

I met Mr. Right in my late 30's and we married in our mid 40's. Though I wanted to marry in my 20's or 30's, I am glad I did not. I love my husband to bits, I don't think I would be this happy if I had married when I wanted to.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I think Kent Spark was being sarcastic - well I hope so!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Before 2007 William probably felt he was too young to marry. After the short break in 2007 he was training for the RAF. I think Harry joked, following the engagement, that the family wondered whether they would ever get around to marriage. It has been said that Carole had a word in William's ear in about 2009, and he reassured her, but it was a very long haul.
Yes, The Daily Mail claimed William and Carole had a pow wow in late 2009 about his views on marriage. The same Mail that reported Carole screeched about toilets in a cockney accent to The Queen in 2006. I wouldn't trust the Mail to accurately report the time of sunset, let alone private conversations that would have taken place behind closed doors.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I wouldn't trust the Mail to accurately report the time of sunset
I love this phrase. I'm going to use it one day when the chance arises. Very cool phrase.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It has been said that Carole had a word in William's ear in about 2009, and he reassured her, but it was a very long haul.

I've heard that said often, but really, how would anyone know that?

I doubt they'd ever tell anyone, even if it truly happened.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

You're right no way would they know that unless it was a voice message on a hacked phone.

From their engagement interview, they said that they had discussed marriage before. I would imagine that after they got back together that they reached an agreement that the would eventually get married. Kate would also be involved with William decision to train for SAR which would delay their marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Tabloids always claim to know the personal conversations between royals. Its completely fabricated but to a certain demographic its click bait for articles.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Is this still the 2nd child thread?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Courtier

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014103121684/kate-middleton-twins/
Old 10-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Majesty

I see the dead horse is still being beaten...

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

No "perfect" thread for this yet but... drum roll please, the madness has begun.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 9h9 hours ago 1st outside the #LindoWing! Lookout for a 3 part series on Royal childhoods airing on @ITVThisMorning in April.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
No "perfect" thread for this yet but... drum roll please, the madness has begun.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 9h9 hours ago 1st outside the #LindoWing! Lookout for a 3 part series on Royal childhoods airing on @ITVThisMorning in April.
Oh, dear God!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Nobility

And in two years this will be kates pregnant with their third child
Old 03-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Foreign media briefed that they can set up cabling for their cameras on April 15.

The Royalist has already nailed his colours to the mast on this one and plumped for May 4 as the day the second child of Kate Middleton will be born, but now new whispers and rumors suggest the baby may be coming sooner than we all thought.

For foreign media covering the royal birth have been told they can set up their cabling and other technical bits and bobs outside the Lindo private maternity wing of St Mary's hospital from midnight on April 15.

A source says this is a full five days earlier than the date of 20 April they were orignally given, but the palace is adamant that no date change has in fact occurred.
More:Is Kate's Baby Due Five Days Earlier Than Thought? - The Daily Beast

Closed Thread