The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does the palace announce the month Kate is due? I know we won't get an exact date.
They haven't announced the month the baby is due yet.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Yes there are sleazy men that try to take photos up a woman's skirt. The Australian photos don't fall into that category, as do her four (I think) "wardrobe malfunctions".

These obviously do not include the beach bikini and the topless sunbathing at a private estate which are an obvious breach of privacy.
My point was that Kate isn't the only one that is going to have to worry about her wardrobe malfunctions being photographed. The judge in the case I linked, stated that women don't have a right to privacy in public. So if you're walking down the street and the wind blows up your dress, or you're getting out of a cab and someone can see your underwear, then they have a right to take photos of you.

As for Kate, I believe there have only been 2 real wardrobe malfunctions. The other one (or two) wardrobe malfunctions just showed her legs. If a skirt blowing up (exposing nothing) is considered a wardrobe malfunction, then the Queen, Beatrice, Anne, Eugenie and a whole slew of royal women have also had multiple wardrobe malfunctions.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
With George it was announced the baby was due in July. Don't know what happens if the baby is on the edge of two months. Say it's due Apr 29, do they say late April/early May? They probably don't want all the journalist starting to camp out at the beginning of April if its going be maybe May before the baby comes

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I doubt they give a fig if the press waits outside a whole month. In fact they might be amused by the press suffering in the rain.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they opted for a home birth for this baby. George's birth went down without a hitch. It would give them more privacy. It would be a middle finger to the media who has dehumanized the royals for the sake of profit. And it would stop republicans from complaining about the cost of the Lindo Wing.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
With George it was announced the baby was due in July. Don't know what happens if the baby is on the edge of two months. Say it's due Apr 29, do they say late April/early May? They probably don't want all the journalist starting to camp out at the beginning of April if its going be maybe May before the baby comes

That's a good question. I think they would probably go with the later month. So if the baby is due at the very end of April, they'd go with a May due date.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I hope the say late April/ early May. And then have the press camp outside the hospital in April and please make it a wet , cold , rainy , snowy month .
Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
My point was that Kate isn't the only one that is going to have to worry about her wardrobe malfunctions being photographed. The judge in the case I linked, stated that women don't have a right to privacy in public. So if you're walking down the street and the wind blows up your dress, or you're getting out of a cab and someone can see your underwear, then they have a right to take photos of you.

As for Kate, I believe there have only been 2 real wardrobe malfunctions. The other one (or two) wardrobe malfunctions just showed her legs. If a skirt blowing up (exposing nothing) is considered a wardrobe malfunction, then the Queen, Beatrice, Anne, Eugenie and a whole slew of royal women have also had multiple wardrobe malfunctions.
Can we start a thread on Kate's wardrobe malfunctions.

I see London, I see France, I don't see....
Old 10-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

They give the due date after the scan at 12 weeks?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

There are all sorts of speculations on the internet about the photos being old but no-one's come up with the original snaps yet. How long has Dr Farthing had his consulting rooms at 145? That should solve things! It does look like heavy rain and not sleet, and paps hanging around.

As far as wardrobe malfunctions go, I always think that in windy locations like airports a pair of slacks are best. Otherwise, if the wind blows your dress up in spite of weights in the hem, it's much better to wear a full pair of knickers like Letizia did when she was caught, not a thong!
Old 10-19-2014, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

My fictional due date is hypothetical. The doctor should know approximately how far along she is. If she is 12 weeks now, 40 weeks is the end of April. The baby could come in April or it could come in May. I was just wondering if they would go with late April/early May instead of just a single month. If she is farther than the 12 weeks, it would more of the middle of April so if the baby is late, it's still April. Of course we aren't going to get a due date. From William's comments with George at the Lindo Wing, it seemed that George was late in coming.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

It will be close to their anniversary on 29 April
Old 10-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Serene Highness

I just hope baby Cambridge avoids Hitler's birthday. Otherwise all those crazies who believe in the anti-Christ/serpent people will have a total field day.

But 4/20 might be nice for our rastafarian friends.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
They give the due date after the scan at 12 weeks?
A due date is usually given from the day you know you are pregnant. Doctors will calculate it from your last period. So the couple by now know when the baby is due. If there has been no announcement than I don't think she has hit the 12 weeks unless an announcement will be made this week.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure how true it is, but I remember there was speculation that they waited until the 13 week mark before announcing George's due date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There are all sorts of speculations on the internet about the photos being old but no-one's come up with the original snaps yet. How long has Dr Farthing had his consulting rooms at 145? That should solve things! It does look like heavy rain and not sleet, and paps hanging around.

As far as wardrobe malfunctions go, I always think that in windy locations like airports a pair of slacks are best. Otherwise, if the wind blows your dress up in spite of weights in the hem, it's much better to wear a full pair of knickers like Letizia did when she was caught, not a thong!
According to a few articles I've read, Dr. Farthing has been at that location for a number of years.

I don't get the people that think the photos are old. Photos of Kate during her 1st pregnancy were in high demand, so it would make no sense for the photographer to sit on them until now.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Majesty

When it was announced that George was due in July Kate had already passed the 13 week mark... (the 13 week is considered to be one of the most week at risk for miscarriage) so I expect the palace to make announcement when Kate is around the 14 week
Old 10-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

With the State Visit this week, they might wait until after for the announcement.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in April

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in April 2015.

The Duchess of Cambridge continues to be affected by Hyperemisis Gravidarum, but her condition is steadily improving.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A Spring baby, thats nice. I hope all goes well for her.
I believe from the announcement, Catherine is still planning to make it for tomorrows event.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Perhaps we'll have an Easter royal baby for the The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Easter is Apr 5. That might be a bit early.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Majesty

If she had a scan last week she is due at the end of april so I think that even if the baby comes early we won't see him/her before mid-month