The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website for Australian magazine "Woman's Day" posted thirteen hours ago that the Duchess of Cambridge has been sighted at St Mary's Hospital.

They are saying though that this may only be for a last minute checkup.

Maybe the "Woman's Day " info was correct.

A blog has posted a photo of one of the Cambridge staff - Nick Loughran - on his mobile, outside the hospital as the barriers are being set up.

Saying it was taken last Thursday, which is about the same timming as "Woman's Day" is saying.

Last edited:
According to today's Daily Telegraph Kate is expected to make a birthday visit to the Queen at Windsor castle today.
I don't think that the birth is so iminent.

I suppose that if she doesn't feel any symptomps of impending birth than why not to visit HM? It's not like she can't be delivered to the Lingo at any moment.

We aren't feeling all the hype yet from the hospital because the press to my understanding is not allowed to be present or setup till the Duchess is in hospital, that makes sense.
I think this time round they have taken into consideration all the problems and mistakes from the first time round and are trying to avoid it this time.

James Whatling @JWhatling Police have been searching the area immediately outside the #Lindo wing, conducting a thorough security sweep. Soon, maybe? #RoyalBabyWatch

Some German twitter accounts are also saying things are a brewing at St Mary's hospital

Someone on Twitter said it took about 2 hours before the media were told that Kate was in the hospital, so I'm still holding out hope. :lol:

I wonder if that's why there was a flurry of announcements about Harry, William and C&C this morning. They were trying to get everything out before it got lost in all of the hoppla surrounding the birth.

Last edited:
Nah, I doubt it will happen today. When Kate was appointed with George someone even saw her. There would be cars, security, I suppose.

Last edited:
But the police would want to a security sweep before they actually showed up. It could also be just a regularly scheduled sweep of the area.
Once she gets into the hospital and admitted. The families would have to be notified before it is announced to the public so it's never going to be right after she gets there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It will be announced by KP when it does but there is no doubt we are getting very close imo

Well, if nothing happens in the next two hours then it is a false alarm.

I just read that there was a fire at a restaurant near the Lindo Wing, so that may be why the police were there.

Yeah, I must say, things are much more organized this time around and it has calmed down the hoopla that surrounded George's birth. I remember with CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS, there was tons of coverage of the Lindo Wing door and the great baby wait. Now, you don't hear anything about it. Things will get crazy again once Catherine is admitted to the hospital, and the media really start gathering.

There's excitement in the air though!

Things will definitely pick up once she's in the hospital. Some media outlets are even rolling out the Lindo Wing camera again. :lol:

Thanks for that information about Harry's birth, Mermaid1962.

Scanning twitter, not much is going on. As was said, there will be regular security sweeps, dry runs and perhaps false alarms on the part of the baby.

Bear in mind, the labor and delivery of second babies are usually MUCH faster than firsts. When she is admitted, the wait will likely be much shorter.

The first sign for me will be police presence stationed outside the hospital. Has that occurred yet?

Scanning twitter, not much is going on. As was said, there will be regular security sweeps, dry runs and perhaps false alarms on the part of the baby.

Bear in mind, the labor and delivery of second babies are usually MUCH faster than firsts. When she is admitted, the wait will likely be much shorter.

The first sign for me will be police presence stationed outside the hospital. Has that occurred yet?

I don't think so. That'll happen once Catherine is admitted. Once we see them stationed in front of the Lindo Wing doors, that's the major sign she's in and preparing to deliver. Of course, the official announcements will be out.

Police were making their final security checks outside St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington today, as the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's second child approaches.

With Kate's due date is just over three days away, officers were out in force, pulling lamp posts apart as they scoured the area for anything troubling.

the police were watched by a small but growing group of royal fans, many of whom had set up camp on a set of benches and had decorated the area with posters and bunting.
Police complete security checks outside the Lindo Wing for Royal baby's birth | Daily Mail Online

Nope no police presence yet. But as Dman pointed out, the last time they didn't take up position until after Kate had been admitted.

I think like with George, our first clue may come from the paps. I imagine there are photographers hanging around KP and one of the photographers on twitter, just said that there are a number of paps hanging out near the back entrance of the Lindo Wing. So they'll probably be the first to report any movement.

I remember driving home from a night shift the morning of George's birth and hearing on the radio that she had been admitted to hospital. I think this was from a member of the paparazzi camped outside the hospital. I think the paps will be the first to tell us she is in hospital.

To be honest I am bored already of the press reports. Imagine being the newsreader parked outside the hopsital for days on end? I just wish they would leave Catherine in peace and just assemble outside the hospital when the birth has been announced.

I remember driving home from a night shift the morning of George's birth and hearing on the radio that she had been admitted to hospital. I think this was from a member of the paparazzi camped outside the hospital. I think the paps will be the first to tell us she is in hospital.

To be honest I am bored already of the press reports. Imagine being the newsreader parked outside the hopsital for days on end? I just wish they would leave Catherine in peace and just assemble outside the hospital when the birth has been announced.

No reporters are parked outside the hospital. Media "pen" (how appropriate is that!) will not be opened until Catherine has been admitted.

So they are sitting in their offices bored out of their minds and speculating like mad

No reporters are parked outside the hospital. Media "pen" (how appropriate is that!) will not be opened until Catherine has been admitted.

So they are sitting in their offices bored out of their minds and speculating like mad

Which is why I think police presence will be the first alert this time around, rather than the press.

I remember the day or George's birth like this . It was really really hot and really really loud . Loud , because our neighbors had decided it was the perfect day to cut down an oak tree . They started at about 7 am and it took the entire day . I can still hear the sound of that saw zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Which is why I think police presence will be the first alert this time around, rather than the press.

I think it may depend on the time of day. The paps are camping out all night, so they may be the only ones to notice any type of police presence, or see her if she goes into labor in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
In the near future, I'm predicting being called horrible names by Kate and being threatened that he is never touching her again following by immense happiness and then lots of nappy changing. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes there was 2 paps who spotted Catherine and reported it.

https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/status/590499054611730432

I like this picture of Kate and George. According to People magazine it's happening Monday. Though I doubt Kate's doctors called People magazine with that information.

Magazine are bored and just writing what they can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom