The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Good idea. I personally can't stand paparazzi

Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This I heartily agree with. Along those thoughts, perhaps it may be an issue taken into considerations by the powers that be here. As there are stringent rules against posting photos that are copyrighted, perhaps TRF could take a stand and not allow postings of unauthorized and/or intrusive pictures.

Its a grey area for sure but worth considering. TRF could be one of the places where those photos aren't "out there".
Rather than TRF taking a stand, how about we all take some personal responsiblity and just not look at them regardless of where they are posted. It's not the paps who are doing this, it's the people who buy and look at pics online. The paps are supplying what readers/lookers are demanding.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have British friend who is a staunch monarchist. I spoke to him a bit this summer over the Australian wardrobe malfunction photos. His opinion was that it was ridiculous that the British press will not dare to publish what any Brit can find online. (He is always of the opinion that the British are too apologetic about so many things, so that's probably the basis of his opinion).

Just his opinion, but it's an interesting one, and one from a British person who fully supports all the royals.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a free press in Britain, the fact discretion is used when it comes to publishing any private photos, not just the royals is good.

My ex wife is British and I've lived in Britain for years and thankfully all monarchists I know and I'm one don't share this opinion.

Its a matter of taste
Old 10-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

There is press regulation in the Uk but it is with the agreement of the press owners. The new regulators came into being in Sept 2014 - the Independent PRess Standards Organisation

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/

From the website

IPSO was launched on 8 September 2014. Over the coming months, we will continue to build the new standards-raising functions that will enable us to implement the full system of independent regulation that the newspaper and magazine industry has agreed to establish and support.

Bif brother isnt doing this - they have done it to themselves through yrs of appalling and illegal breaches of previous regulation and laws.

Not all newspapers broke the law/regulations but they stood together against the finding of the Levison Report

(info see here BBC News - Q&A: Press regulation)

Reaping what they have sown.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whoever waited and took the pictures was pretty silly to me and that's why I've chosen to ignore the pictures and move on. The less noise about the pics, the better, IMO.

William & Catherine will be seen by all on the 21st and that's what I'm waiting for.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
This may be the 12 week mark. William and Kate: A Love Story - NY Daily News

ETA: 148 Harley St houses an ultrasound suite so the photo captions may be correct about William holding an envelope with scan photos.
Interesting photos however gotten. I think she is going to have a girl. Just a hunch from what i see.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Actually there's a bit of noise around the traps that there is sleet on the ground in the photos of Will and Kate that were supposedly taken a couple of days ago. I can see rain, no sleet. People are saying the photos are from the first pregnancy.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Actually there's a bit of noise around the traps that there is sleet on the ground in the photos of Will and Kate that were supposedly taken a couple of days ago. I can see rain, no sleet. People are saying the photos are from the first pregnancy.
I thought they were old as well at first but then I realized that Kate's former doctor was Setchell (even if Farthing was part of the team too).. So if that shots were old it would make sense for the couple to visit Setchell but that is the studio owned by Alan Farthing...
Old 10-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The weather was dreadful earlier this week, but there was certainly no sleet in Central London, just plenty of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I thought they were old as well at first but then I realized that Kate's former doctor was Setchell (even if Farthing was part of the team too).. So if that shots were old it would make sense for the couple to visit Setchell but that is the studio owned by Alan Farthing...
Farthing is one of the doctors at 148 Harley St. The site is just behind the London Clinic, where Prince Philip was admitted last year.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

If they were old from George, why would they not be used when taken? If the UK press didn't want them for moral reasons. Someone else in the world would. Plus you are not going to know when the next baby is coming so you cant pass off a picture in January/February (if its George) with one suppose to be in summer. Or what if Kate cuts her hair shorter between kids?

Kate's doctors are known. It would be easy for a creeper paparazzi to find the office and camp out for the past couple of weeks to get the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There is a free press in Britain, the fact discretion is used when it comes to publishing any private photos, not just the royals is good.

My ex wife is British and I've lived in Britain for years and thankfully all monarchists I know and I'm one don't share this opinion.

Its a matter of taste
While I see your point, it should be noted that the Australia wardrobe malfunction was not an issue of private photos. It was a malfunction that happened in front of the official press during an engagement (or on the way to). Everyone likes to compare it to the topless photos or the bikini beach ones, but they're not comparable; in the topless and the bikini photos Kate had an expectation of privacy that was invaded. In the Australia wardrobe malfunction, Kate was in public, on an engagement, where she knew the press would be taking pictures of her.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The ick factor with the Australian dress photo was it being published several months after it actually happen. Almost all the royals have had these sort of clothing mishaps. Philip even had one with a kilt but that didn't make the paper.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually... it did. If you google "Prince Philip Kilt" you get results from Perez Hilton, TMZ, Daily Beast, etc, with headlines like "Prince Philip Unholsters his Sex Pistol in Scotland!!" and "Prince Philip Wears a Kilt -- Totally Flashes His Penis".
Old 10-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Internet yes, newspaper no. Websites like Perez Hilton's have no standards. A traditional news organization should have some standards.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Prince Philip photos barely made a blip - only a few websites carried the story. I didn't hear about his wardrobe malfunction until a year or so after it happened. While Kate's phots were splashed everywhere.

What's scary, is that women now have to worry about creepers taking photos of our wardrobe malfunctions. Last week, a judge in Washington ruled that upskirt photos aren't illegal.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Yes there are sleazy men that try to take photos up a woman's skirt. The Australian photos don't fall into that category, as do her four (I think) "wardrobe malfunctions".

These obviously do not include the beach bikini and the topless sunbathing at a private estate which are an obvious breach of privacy.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Going completely off topic but there would probably have been more of a hoo-ha if Prince Philip had not been 'au naturel'!!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Does the palace announce the month Kate is due? I know we won't get an exact date.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

With George it was announced the baby was due in July. Don't know what happens if the baby is on the edge of two months. Say it's due Apr 29, do they say late April/early May? They probably don't want all the journalist starting to camp out at the beginning of April if its going be maybe May before the baby comes

Closed Thread