The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
How the heck did the paps know when and where they were going? I ready today in another tabloid that Kate is fearful there is a mole among her staff - I think she might be correct.
Does not have to be paps - it could just be a passer by with a camera phone. Harley Street is usually quite busy with pedestrians.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

It wasn't the notorious Tanna, was it?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

How digusting to track them in such private circumstances
Old 10-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer seems furious:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa
They feel this is very different from running photos of members of the Royal Family, including Prince George, in public parks.
0 risposte

Londra, Inghilterra Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa

Our head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan, if that is what was happening.
0 risposte

Londra, Inghilterra Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa

I've made the point about photographs in public places I should say that my two immediate bosses are very strongly against these photos

It seems Tanna:
  1. KateMiddletonReview ‏@KateMiddReview 4 h4 ore fa
    @byEmilyAndrews If Will&Kate are going to complain&issue letters to 1 pap, then they must complain&issue letters to them all. #Consistency
    Espandi

2. Jordon Lee ‏@JordonLee 1 h1 ora fa
    @KateMiddReview @IkonPictures @byEmilyAndrews but there are different scenarios so I'm not sure this would work.

3. KateMiddletonReview ‏@KateMiddReview 24 min
    @JordonLee @IkonPictures @byEmilyAndrews Then they should clearly define what is appropriate and what isn't, not complain randomly.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure why anyone cares Richard Palmer is furious. He just stated his two bosses are against the photos.

The head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan
Old 10-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Courtier

You can diagnose a woman base on grainy photos?
Even some people with bulimia don't lose weight in their, doesn't mean she they don't have an illness
Old 10-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I'm not sure why anyone cares Richard Palmer is furious. He just stated his two bosses are against the photos.

The head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan
He's just trying to pander to people who feels like Will and Kate should be happy with the press treating them like some short of freak show.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Richard Palmer's tweet is takien out of context because it was one tweet of many. He also said that he thought these pix should not be out there. He is correct in saying that it is not illegal to take pix in a public place. As for Tanna - he's been arguing with another journo about the inconsistency (so Tanna didnt take these pix) but thew journo was saying that the letter/warning was not about taking pix, but stalking George.

Its been a real floor show on twitter this morning :)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's best to move on and ignore those private pictures that shouldn't been taken.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I just poste some tweets, relax people and franky as someone else had already pointed out if tou have something to say to me quote my post!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

that is my opinion, you can't be serious and worked up just because to me Palmer is agry! seriously Im entitled to say if I find him furious or not...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

If we all dislike intrusion photos, why are they being posted here. We need to make up our minds that we are or are not going to post unauthorized photos. Then again, some want it both ways...criticize when it happens, but lemme see, lemme see, lemme see when they are released!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

So, the UK press is treading lightly - that's a win for the Cambridges, right?

And, I would point out, anyone in the area could have called in a tip off to photographers/press. It would be too easy to pay off a neighbor to keep an eye on the doc's office All this "mole on the staff" stuff harks back to the drama of the 90s IMHO. Lets not go there. Let's let the Cambridges deal with things as they see fit.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Obviously the person posting them has no issues with it but I personally don't look at any pics from a pap
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So, the UK press is treading lightly - that's a win for the Cambridges, right?

And, I would point out, anyone in the area could have called in a tip off to photographers/press. It would be too easy to pay off a neighbor to keep an eye on the doc's office All this "mole on the staff" stuff harks back to the drama of the 90s IMHO. Lets not go there. Let's let the Cambridges deal with things as they see fit.
The "mole on staff" comes from one of the lowest rent tabloids on the market. Completely ficticous.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
If we all dislike intrusion photos, why are they being posted here. We need to make up our minds that we are or are not going to post unauthorized photos. Then again, some want it both ways...criticize when it happens, but lemme see, lemme see, lemme see when they are released!
This I heartily agree with. Along those thoughts, perhaps it may be an issue taken into considerations by the powers that be here. As there are stringent rules against posting photos that are copyrighted, perhaps TRF could take a stand and not allow postings of unauthorized and/or intrusive pictures.

Its a grey area for sure but worth considering. TRF could be one of the places where those photos aren't "out there".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
You can diagnose a woman base on grainy photos?
Even some people with bulimia don't lose weight in their, doesn't mean she they don't have an illness
So true. It's a photo of them walking to and from the car. I'm not sure anyone can tell how she's feeling just by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think Richard Palmer's tweet is takien out of context because it was one tweet of many. He also said that he thought these pix should not be out there. He is correct in saying that it is not illegal to take pix in a public place. As for Tanna - he's been arguing with another journo about the inconsistency (so Tanna didnt take these pix) but thew journo was saying that the letter/warning was not about taking pix, but stalking George.

Its been a real floor show on twitter this morning :)
Yep. I think it's been taken out of context too. I just read the entire stream and while he doesn't think it's illegal to take the photos, he does question whether it's ethical.

Tanna and Jobson collaborated on a book (about W&K), so it's interesting to see them go at it on Twitter. I do think Jobson is right. The journos are focusing on the photos being taken, when the real issue is the stalking.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Obviously the person posting them has no issues with it but I personally don't look at any pics from a pap
It's an interesting dilemma. I have mixed feelings about it, though obviously I posted the link. So many of the photos of W&K are from paparazzi -- or at least that's what I assume -- when you see Kate out shopping or strolling the baby, or Pippa and family earlier in the week. It doesn't seem as "bad" to me as, say, the topless photos or when Kate's skirt flies up. They are in public places, doing normal things, so right or wrong it doesn't seem as intrusive to me.

It is perplexing how somebody happened to know that they would be there, though. I DO feel bad that W&K have to try to accomplish these appointments under cover of darkness, but the fact that pictures have been published proves that they are right. Makes me think that they should just do things in broad daylight, as it appears not to make a difference.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't judging, just stating my own personal views.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd suggest that if we post links to non-event photos, either off Twitter (taken by a common person) or taken by a pap and found in the US, other parts of Europe tabs (online or not) that we start the post with a warning; PAP PHOTO, PHOTO NOT FROM AN EVENT or whatever. That way, we are warning each other about content.