The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With having to deal with severe HG once again this time around, I would imagine that if anyone walked up to Kate and asked her long long she has been
pregnant, she'd say "forever". She really probably wishes it was all over and done with.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Courtier

She would of been at least 6 weeks when the announcement was made.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure it's actually known how far along she is at the moment.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
How do you know this? Some women get Hyperemesis Gravidarum at only three weeks along. That's how they find out they're pregnant.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Let us simply hope that Catherine is coming to the end of her first trimester very soon indeed. As a man, I cannot cope with a moment of sickness let alone weeks and weeks of it. My admiration for Catherine and all women who suffer during pregnancy is limitless and I 'm beginning to feel just awful for her in this terrible time.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

I think we are going to get the birth month next monday.

I am pretty sure with george they waited till she was past her 12th week. Which means she was prob 13 weeks.

I think she is in her 12th week now...and if thats the case we will probably find out next week that she is due in April..
Old 10-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Technically, one is '6 weeks along' when you take the pregnancy test. It is calculated from the first day of the last cycle, even though it is highly unlikely that one got pregnant that day!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Here in France one can find out she is pregnant when she is four weeks along. I don't know how the pregnancy's length is calculated in the United Kingdom. In France, being four weeks pregnant means the baby has been conceived two weeks ago and the last menstruations (sorry for be crude) were four weeks ago. The due date is the end of the fortieth week.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

So.. when they say ten weeks is it more or less? I'm losing the gist of things now.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Well 10 weeks along means usually that the baby is about 8 weeks old. One starts to count at the first day of the last cycle which is the reason for the 2 weeks gap. :-)
Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Ahhh okay I understand now, thanks.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Courtier

You cannot go by when she got sick. I had HG with all 4 of mine and I got sick before I missed my first period. Then I was sick until I had the baby. It was so bad with my second one that I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving(the end of Nov.) and he was born on Feb 16th. Not fun.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

How awful to be sick like this most of us endure a day or two with the flu a few years apart. Not day after day. At least she has kept the baby.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think the media really knows how far along she is. Some of the articles say she's 10 weeks and some say she's 12. Reporters are just guessing at this point.

I really hope she gets better soon. I can't imagine how rough this has been for her.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't think the media really knows how far along she is. Some of the articles say she's 10 weeks and some say she's 12. Reporters are just guessing at this point.

I really hope she gets better soon. I can't imagine how rough this has been for her.

I think we can assume that she's more than 6 weeks. She's also probably less than 13 weeks.

It's been 5 weeks since they announced the pregnancy, so unless they announced it the day she got pregnant she's probably at least 6 weeks, presumably more. I would guess that she's less than 13 weeks, because they seemed to give more information about the pregnancy/due date once Kate was out of the first trimester when she was pregnant with George. Granted, as we don't know what George's exact due date was (and don't need to) we don't really know just how far out of the first trimester Kate was when the more news announcement was made.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

This may be the 12 week mark. http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style/...allery-1.16247

ETA: 148 Harley St houses an ultrasound suite so the photo captions may be correct about William holding an envelope with scan photos.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Caution - pap photos. Hence the US tabloid address. But he looks so cute in his glasses.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

How the heck did the paps know when and where they were going? I ready today in another tabloid that Kate is fearful there is a mole among her staff - I think she might be correct.

I think she's due right around the Queen's birthday. Most people get sick at 6 weeks.

I felt sick all day and all night - not HG, but just that wretched feeling all day. Only vomited in the mornings.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
How the heck did the paps know when and where they were going? I ready today in another tabloid that Kate is fearful there is a mole among her staff - I think she might be correct.
I really, really hope it isn't true. That's awful if it is. I'd feel so betrayed. =\
Old 10-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Majesty

She looks very healthy to me!: smile, able to walk, plump face! Honestly I was expecting her thin and sickly-looking!

I guess she won't pull out of her engagement next week! She must be past her 12 week scan and I daresay the baby is due in late April...

On a side note: I agree with the posts above: there must be some "insider" info otherwise I can't explain myself why the paps knew that they will have had a check up... I guess they are the same who took George's pics