The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
The article I was reading said that Kate's mother was taking care of her now so that would be easier and more private than a hospital. How far along do you have to be before they can determine the sex of the child or is that something that they are going to keep to themselves again? I read that William said he'd like a girl.
Yes Kate is supposedly staying in Bucklebury at the moment...

I think they will know (if the want) the sex around the 4th or 5th month... But I have to let you down on this: we will never know if the baby is a boy or a girl until the birth....

Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The article I was reading said that Kate's mother was taking care of her now so that would be easier and more private than a hospital. How far along do you have to be before they can determine the sex of the child or is that something that they are going to keep to themselves again? I read that William said he'd like a girl.

You can first learn the gender of the baby between weeks 16 and 20.

It isn't likely that they'll tell us the gender of the baby before it's born. There is a tradition of the BRF not releasing the gender of a baby before the birth, and it's been implied that the members themselves don't find out in advance either.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know how accurate they are but the Mail Online now has in its headline that she is 10 weeks pregnant. My bad math puts that at around the first of May she will give birth.

Edited to add this:
She's back! The Duchess of Cambridge (and Prince William and the Queen) set to make her first public appearance in months during Singaporean state visit

Kate MIddleton to make first public appearance in months during Singaporean state visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Courtier

Truth is we don't know how many weeks she is.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

It isn't likely that they'll tell us the gender of the baby before it's born. There is a tradition of the BRF not releasing the gender of a baby before the birth, and it's been implied that the members themselves don't find out in advance either.
Actually, you can learn at about 9 weeks or so if you have specialized testing. I had a friend in her 40's pregnant with twins and she had this testing.

On another note, is Her Royal Highness still vomiting?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've read that she now back in London.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

When the woman is Grisby with the d.. confusion. Kate told her no that they didn't know the sex. If they didn't find out for George, they aren't going to for this one. If they did know , they definitely not telling anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
When the woman is Grisby with the d.. confusion. Kate told her no that they didn't know the sex. If they didn't find out for George, they aren't going to for this one. If they did know , they definitely not telling anyone.

We did not find out for the first, but found out for the second. There's no telling what they will do this time.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
We did not find out for the first, but found out for the second. There's no telling what they will do this time.
Some people guessed they would have a boy the first time around because Catherine carried a bit low. Perhaps if she carry high it'll be a girl.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Actually, you can learn at about 9 weeks or so if you have specialized testing. I had a friend in her 40's pregnant with twins and she had this testing.

On another note, is Her Royal Highness still vomiting?

Interesting. I was going based on Google, which is known to be wrong sometimes.

Friends of mine chose not to learn what they were having with their first pregnancy, but found out for their second - with the idea that they didn't care what the gender was the first time around, but knew what they wanted the second one and figured that if that wasn't what they were getting 4-5 months was enough time to accept it.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I can see normal people who didn't find out on the first may want to find on the second. Say you have a boy first, if its a girl you need different clothes or you may have change your housing because you will eventually need a another bedroom.

But these sort of issues are not that big of a deal to WK and if they did know, why tell. They are extremely private. People will find out when the baby is born they don't have to know beforehand. They didn't even announce George's birth right away but waited 4hrs which is totally their right to do so.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Would you believe I'm over on the Mail Online reading about how Kate is again suffering from her extreme form of morning sickness ( I know technically it's something other than morning sickness but can't remember what it's called) and there are crazy posts by people claiming that she isn't really pregnant but being fitted for a prosthetic belly? I hadn't even realized that rumor existed. Plus some really crazy Brit is pushing the weird wellaware1 site, run by some guy who thinks everyone famous in the world ( including the British royal family) are just actors hired by some darker force and they aren't real. I came over hear just to read posts by sane people. It would be hard to be famous these days.
Throw in the inevitable chunk of racism and sexism and that's a pretty standard Daily Mail comments thread. It's best just to ignore it.

Anyone who takes the comments on that site even remotely seriously (or as a barometer of the opinion of the British public at large) is more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I can see normal people who didn't find out on the first may want to find on the second. Say you have a boy first, if its a girl you need different clothes or you may have change your housing because you will eventually need a another bedroom.

But these sort of issues are not that big of a deal to WK and if they did know, why tell. They are extremely private. People will find out when the baby is born they don't have to know beforehand. They didn't even announce George's birth right away but waited 4hrs which is totally their right to do so.

I agree that they have a right to find out without informing me right away, and if they tell a little white lie that they don't know when they do, it's no biggie. I'll find out soon enough.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

With Chorionic Vilus Sampling you get the genetics at 11-12 weeks. With Amniocentisis the test is performed at exactly 16 weeks and you get the genetics about 10 days later.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Would you believe I'm over on the Mail Online reading about how Kate is again suffering from her extreme form of morning sickness ( I know technically it's something other than morning sickness but can't remember what it's called) and there are crazy posts by people claiming that she isn't really pregnant but being fitted for a prosthetic belly? I hadn't even realized that rumor existed. Plus some really crazy Brit is pushing the weird wellaware1 site, run by some guy who thinks everyone famous in the world ( including the British royal family) are just actors hired by some darker force and they aren't real. I came over hear just to read posts by sane people. It would be hard to be famous these days. I hope that Kate gets over her morning sickness quicker this time - it must be scary. I read that you can miscarry from what she has. Does anyone know when she is due or has it been announced?
Yeah, the DM seems to attract that sort of person for some reason. I was reading through a few comments on the article recently posted in this thread over there and someone suggested that the way Kate wears her eyeliner is part of her manipulating Prince William because she does it the same way Diana did. In the poster's words, "she's trying to say 'look at me, I'm just like your mother!' " I just tell myself that they don't actually believe the nonsense they write. How could they?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Throw in the inevitable chunk of racism and sexism and that's a pretty standard Daily Mail comments thread. It's best just to ignore it.

Anyone who takes the comments on that site even remotely seriously (or as a barometer of the opinion of the British public at large) is more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
Truer words have rarely been spoken here on TRF. That site is literally painful to read at times...like biting down hard on an infected wisdom tooth.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Truer words have rarely been spoken here on TRF. That site is literally painful to read at times...like biting down hard on an infected wisdom tooth.
[QUOTE=PetticoatLane:]Anyone who takes the comments on that site even remotely seriously (or as a barometer of the opinion of the British public at large) is more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Both of you have a really great sense of humor, I loved both your comments and when I read DM I feel like I am being dumb down, it's mostly for the pictures of homes of royals and high spenders that I go there for, being into interior design and decorating and the past, it's a good place to see what's for sell other then that, who in their right mind would believe any of that junk they print, next it will be Bey and J whatever his name is are running for president and the KKK Klan is right behind them......
Old 10-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from The Telegraph wondering just how pregnant Catherine is! Assume slow news day. Premise is that she is still only 10 weeks and due date therefore May1

How pregnant is Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge? - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

Isn't with pregnancy it is one of those all or nothing situations - you are pregnant or your not :)

Old 10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess she will pass the 12 weeks by the end of the month