The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Aristocracy

Happy news for the family

Maybe Kate hoped she would feel up to the visit to Oxford. It is not like she deliberately came down with this severe form of morning sickness.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Old 09-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well that's not unexpected. Today's event is going to be an uproar!

Actually never mind;

@RoyalCentral: Due to acute morning sickness, The Duchess of Cambridge will no longer accompany William on their planned engagement in Oxford today.

Why say she was going to the engagement when they obviously knew she wouldn't be.
That's probably the reason why they have to announce the good news today - to explain why she could not accompany William in Oxford today.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

And congrats to future grandparents and great-grandparents, of course!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child, Kensington Palace has announced.

The Duchess and the Duke of Cambridge were "very pleased to announce" the happy news, their spokesman said.

It means Prince George will have a brother or sister in the spring of 2015. The new baby will replace Prince Harry as the fourth in line to the throne.

As with her first pregnancy, the Duchess is suffering from pregnancy sickness, for which she is being treated at her home in Kensington Palace.

She has cancelled a planned visit to Oxford today, where she and the Duke were due to open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building. The Duke will instead attend on his own.

The Queen and members of both the Duke and Duchess's families are "delighted" with the news, Kensington Palace said.
Duchess of Cambridge pregnant with second child - Telegraph
Old 09-08-2014, 06:09 AM
Commoner

Sooo happy for them! I hope it's a girl

CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark
Old 09-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Gentry

Very excited about the new baby :-), although very sorry to hear that poor Kate has got severe morning sickness again. I'd assume it's the same as last time - it's early days but they've made the announcement sooner than they'd otherwise have done because of the hyperemesis gravidarum. If she's only about 2 months along, George should be getting a little brother or sister a few weeks before his second birthday.

ETA - brain out of action!! No idea how I made it July! April!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Aristocracy

I hoping for a little baby brother for Prince George!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Congratulations. Its a good thing to have a sibling for George straight away. Downside is that we wont see Kate on a working agenda for another 2 years.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'll say it again...How lovely it is for something happy to be *the* lead news story for a change!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Aristocracy

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 51 mins
The Duchess is being treated for hyperemesis gravidarum by doctors at Kensington Palace.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Very excited about the new baby :-), although very sorry to hear that poor Kate has got severe morning sickness again. I'd assume it's the same as last time - it's early days but they've made the announcement sooner than they'd otherwise have done because of the hyperemesis gravidarum. If she's only about 2 months along, George should be getting a little brother or sister a few weeks before his second birthday.

How do you figure that?

I make it March or April.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

WOW; CONGRATULATIONS........... and I feel sorry for the DoC, that she is suffering this heavy morning sickness again.

As no month of birth is announced yet, do you think, she is again in a very early stage of second pregnancy?
BYe Bine
Old 09-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

Wow Harry will move to 5th in line for the throne.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It doesn't come as much of a surprise, the timing is good for a 2nd child. But it is great news all the same. Congratulations to the happy couple! Let's hope that the Duchess will soon feel better.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great news congratulations to the happy family
Old 09-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margherita View Post
Sooo happy for them! I hope it's a girl
Me, too..... a future "Princess Royal".... it´s about time
BYe Bine
Old 09-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great news for them but not a surprise really as she has always indicated that she wanted the children close together.

As for the Malta trip - the fact that she is being treated at KP this time and not in hospital suggests that it isn't a severe as last time or that they started the treatment earlier to prevent it getting as bad so maybe Malta could still happen (or someone else go in her place).

I hope George has a healthy sibling whether a boy or a girl although a brother would obviously be able to play with him many of the same games at the same time while a sister would have different interests such as girly things.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

If she doesn't have bad morning sickness she could or might still be able to make the Malta trip. We shall see.

Great news though!

LaRae
Old 09-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
David Cameron and Alex Salmond put aside their differences today to welcome the news that the Duchess of Cambridge was expecting her second child.

The Prime Minister, who was back in London today after spending a weekend with the Queen and Prince Philip in Balmoral, said he was 'delighted'.

Alex Salmond, using the Royal couple's Scottish titles, added: 'Congratulations & best wishes to the Earl & Countess of Strathearn. Wonderful to hear they're expecting their second baby – very happy news!'

Today’s announcement comes just 10 days before the Scottish independence referendum next week and amid revelations that Buckingham Palace is ‘concerned’ about the growing momentum towards a ‘yes’ vote.
Cameron and Salmond put aside their differences on Scottish independence to welcome the 'wonderful' Royal pregnancy news | Mail Online
Old 09-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Commoner

Congratulations to the Royal couple and to their families.