The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Thank you for all of the support! It really does mean a lot. RoyalNight: We have decided to keep the sex a surprise until I give birth. I have been reading that this condition is indicative of a boy, but I don't know how accurate or scientifically supported that is. I won't complain either way. :)
Kita my cousin suffered the same as you through both of her pregnancies. Reading your story was like a flashback to 6 and 2 years ago!! She had a boy first and then a girl but suffered the same symptoms through both pregnancies!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 09-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Kita my cousin suffered the same as you through both of her pregnancies. Reading your story was like a flashback to 6 and 2 years ago!! She had a boy first and then a girl but suffered the same symptoms through both pregnancies!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Sounds like I may have an even 50/50 chance then! The good thing is that so far, of the women I've spoken to who have had it, they all tell me that while the pregnancy itself is rough, they pretty much all had very easy deliveries and - most importantly - healthy babies. I do sometimes get a bit envious of women who can actually enjoy being pregnant because their bodies, for whatever reason, take to it better. That's okay, though. A bigger fight makes for an even better win in the end. :) Now that I've found this app/forum, I've been getting my mind off of it by chatting with you fine folks too, so thanks for the mental breather!

Old 09-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

When do you all think we might seen her soon again? Last year she was sick but she managed to make few appearreances: (bbc sports event,pre christmas lunch and she was spotted now and then at christmas)... Maybe next week...
Old 09-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm thinking there will be some engagements announcements soon. I'm sure she's getting herself ready to make her first appearance since her pregnancy was announced. All depends on how well she is and I think she's better than before.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks:-) I thinking the same too... I know that each pregnancy is different but I remember that when she was pregnant with George she was sick for about 2 or 3 weeks... Than she started feeling better...
Old 09-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm wondering if she and William will attend this next month's Singapore State Visit. Although, it starts on October 21st.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm wondering if she and William will attend this next month's Singapore State Visit. Although, it starts on October 21st.
They may meet with the visiting HEad of State or assist with some aspect of the state visit. Whether or not they attend the state banquet remains to be seen.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

She should be ending her first trimester by then.... I guess we'll have an official press realese (as in january 2013) which will tell the month due date and maybe will add other info
Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

HG is unpredictable. It can be day to day or week to week and no matter how many times it's describe as severe morning sickness, HG can be a debilitating disease.

I hope Kate is feeling better and gets all the rest she needs in the coming months.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope she's left alone to recover from this illness and get through the pregnancy. I don't think any engagements should be planned for her if there is a likelihood she has to bow out of them due to illness. It's only for a few months.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
When do you all think we might seen her soon again? Last year she was sick but she managed to make few appearreances: (bbc sports event,pre christmas lunch and she was spotted now and then at christmas)... Maybe next week...
It's hard to know when we'll see her again. She was rarely seen during the first few month of her first pregnancy. She did go to the BBC event, but only stayed 45 minutes (I recall one of the royal aides saying that she was still sick, but wanted to go). Her next engagement wasn't until February - 2 months after the BBC event.

When we'll see her next really depends on how she's doing. Her last bout of HG doesn't give us any indication on how she feels this time.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if comparing the schedule now versus when she was pregnant with George is a good comparison. With George you had Christmas holidays and January is a pretty slow time for all the world.

Remembrance Day might be a good benchmark. If she is feeling better she would definitely be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-24-2014, 04:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Sounds like I may have an even 50/50 chance then! The good thing is that so far, of the women I've spoken to who have had it, they all tell me that while the pregnancy itself is rough, they pretty much all had very easy deliveries and - most importantly - healthy babies. I do sometimes get a bit envious of women who can actually enjoy being pregnant because their bodies, for whatever reason, take to it better. That's okay, though. A bigger fight makes for an even better win in the end. :) Now that I've found this app/forum, I've been getting my mind off of it by chatting with you fine folks too, so thanks for the mental breather!

Kita
My prayers and best wishes are with you. And you are right about this forum. When I was very ill and at home for 2 months I found this group informative and fun.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't know if comparing the schedule now versus when she was pregnant with George is a good comparison. With George you had Christmas holidays and January is a pretty slow time for all the world.

Remembrance Day might be a good benchmark. If she is feeling better she would definitely be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I think she will probably appear at a charity close to heart sometime in the next 6 weeks, depending on when she feels well. The event may or may not be advertised in advance.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Ailing Princess Kate Is 'Able to be Up and About,' Palace Source Says - Health, The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com
Quote:
She may be resting in a palace, but pregnancy has been no picnic for Princess Kate.

As she did during her first pregnancy with 14-month-old Prince George, Kate, 32, is battling hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), a severe form of pregnancy sickness that strikes between 1 and 3 percent of expectant women but is likely underdiagnosed.

The illness has already forced the princess to cancel her first planned solo tour abroad to the Mediterranean island nation of Malta, with her husband, Prince William, taking her place.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Uugh, "Princess Kate" the mind reels.
Elsewhere in People: Britney Spears lingerie line, Britney Spears and Kate Middleton – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Make it stop!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

'Kate en William krijgen tweeling' | Prive | Telegraaf.nl

Twin rumour, dutch magazine Prive reports that Entertainment Wise reports that "a source close to the couple" claims that the DoC is pregnant with twin girls

Would be fun, but from these sources probably taken with a grain of salt?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Gentry

Yeah, I'd definitely take it with a grain of salt. Does she have twins in her family anywhere, I wonder? I'd be more inclined to believed there's an iota of possible truth to it if there were.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The twins story comes out everytime a royal is pregnant

The same was said when Kate expected George! Plus the palace said swecond CHILD not children
Old 09-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The twins story comes out everytime a royal is pregnant

The same was said when Kate expected George! Plus the palace said swecond CHILD not children
Exactly! I'm rather surprised that the twin rumour emerges so late. Twins are soooo popular with journalists (and readers, I suppose).

Closed Thread