The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility for me to share my birthday with a royal. I am born 04-26.

I think it will be a daughter.

The second baby will be a spring baby, perhaps for the wedding anniversary of his parents

Poor Kate who is still ill.

A baby.. I note ! In the singular...

Hopefully the endless twin rumours that haunted her with George as well can stop now with the "expecting a baby".

April is a lovely month to have birthday in. I'd love if the baby was born on my birthday – 10 April is a great date :D It would also be lovely if he or she was born on 16 April, the same day as QMII – or even the same day as HM and Princess Isabella of Denmark.

I had suspected that the due date would be either April or May, but it's nice to get a confirmation. It would indeed be lovely if Baby Cambridge No. Two was born on HM (and Princess Isabella of Denmark)'s birthday. I love it when babies are born on family member's birthdays, as it's like an extra special present. My mother's goddaughter shares a birthday with her mother, which I find charming, and this isn't exactly sharing a birthday but a close friend of mine was born on Mother's Day, which must be even more special.

I'm pleased to hear that Catherine's HG is improving and that she might make a public appearance tomorrow. I might not get a chance to see the photos of her though as I will be at the airport as I'm going abroad for a while due to some time off I get.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be welcoming their second baby in April 2015, Kensington Palace has confirmed.
Kate's pregnancy was announced last month but the due date had not been released until now.
In a statement, the palace said the 32-year-old Duchess, who is around fourteen weeks pregnant, continued to suffer from extreme morning sickness but her condition was 'steadily improving'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...d-baby-april-year-kensington-palace-said.html

The statement from KP just said Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in April 2015 and that the Duchess is still suffering from HG but is steadily improving.

The 14 weeks line is an Daily Mail add on and isn't from KP.

Richard Palmer confirmed that KP says Kate is going to the arrival ceremony and has a event at the Nat History museum tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

And a very clear "a baby." People and the other rags in the US have been screaming TWINS and my friends have been asking about that. Not that they care but it is there way of ribbing me. Now I can clear things up. Happy day! :flowers:

Glad to hear she is planning on attending a couple engagements tomorrow! Hopefully, she feels well enough come the morning. I've missed seeing her out and about!

April is a beautiful time of the year to expect a baby.

Someone ought to give William a heads up that this is a perfect time to plan and execute some sweet revenge on the press. We all know that on April 1st, anything goes. I am betting my last sticky bun that there will be at least one April Fools joke pulled. :whistling:

Even though the Daily Fail said 14 weeks, I would go with that too since that's about what she probably was with the Prince George announcement and what the other royal houses aim for.
I'm still betting on HM b'day

Found this on Twitter. The Cambridges are a global force

Correspondents’ dinner vs. royal couple: Round 2 | TheHill
File this one under #OnlyInWashingtonProblems.

Prince William and Kate Middleton may unwittingly interfere with the timing of next year’s White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner — again.

The “it” event of the year in the nation’s capital is scheduled for April 25. The Duchess of Cambridge is due to give birth to her second child sometime next April, the royal couple announced Monday.

The British monarchy is safe now, of that we can be sure. what relief! :britflag:
Prince William should have married much earlier. It was perilous to wait for so long. Now he's having children in his early 30s.. :bang: This is what I always say to young people: marry as fast as you can. Don't be too picky. They never listen. They think they know better. :nonono: I wish the Duchess of Cambridge a safe pregnancy :):flowers:

Last edited:
The British monarchy is safe now, of that we can be sure. what relief! :britflag:
Prince William should have married much earlier. It was perilous to wait for so long. Now he's having children in his early 30s.. :bang: This is what I always say to young people: marry as fast as you can. Don't be too picky. They never listen. They think they know better. :nonono: I wish the Duchess of Cambridge a safe pregnancy :):flowers:

I disagree. I think W&K did the right thing of waiting and making sure that marriage was the absolutely right way to go for the two of them. With so much extra baggage that comes from being married into the royal family, I'm glad they took their time to assure that the relationship was strong enough to withstand whatever would be thrown at them.

As the saying goes: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure". ;)

I disagree. I think W&K did the right thing of waiting and making sure that marriage was the absolutely right way to go for the two of them. With so much extra baggage that comes from being married into the royal family, I'm glad they took their time to assure that the relationship was strong enough to withstand whatever would be thrown at them.

I agree with you. While it would be lovely if all of us found our soulmates in our early twenties, the reality is quite different. People want to be sure they're ready, and with the divorce rates being high, it's the right way to go. William and Catherine did what was best for them, and with the kind of life they have in store, walking down the aisle prematurely could result in disaster.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

William also wanted to finish his helicopter training beforehand that itself probably delayed the engagement for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They had been talking about marriage for a couple of years, before they actually announced their engagement. We learned this in their engagement interview. I think Harry and Charles and the rest of the family was wondering when they would marry. They did it on their own time and when it was right. They really are a happy husband and wife and parents. I hope and pray that they will continue to be blessed with many, many more years of happiness.

Last edited:
They had been talking about marriage for a couple of years, before they actually announced their engagement. We learned this in their engagement interview. I think Harry and Charles and the rest of the family was wondering when they would marry. They did it on their own time and when it was right. They really are a happy husband and wife and parents. I hope and pray that they will continue to be blessed with many, many more years of happiness.

Amen to that!! :)

Wonder if this little one will end up making April 29th an even more special day for the Cambridges? Lovely if that ends up being the case. :)

Amen to that!! :)

Wonder if this little one will end up making April 29th an even more special day for the Cambridges? Lovely if that ends up being the case. :)

I don't know, but the thought of the baby being born in April must really have excited them. I'm excited for them. It's beautiful to watch this family grow.

I agree; People are waiting much longer to marry these days, and I think it's a positive thing.

They know what they want to a greater extent, and they also are more realistic.

Before 2007 William probably felt he was too young to marry. After the short break in 2007 he was training for the RAF. I think Harry joked, following the engagement, that the family wondered whether they would ever get around to marriage. It has been said that Carole had a word in William's ear in about 2009, and he reassured her, but it was a very long haul.

I think they had an agreement, they would marry, for several years prior to the engagement..a lengthy one due to his career path and I think also enough time for Kate to be certain that is the life she really wanted. I think after all his mother (and father for that matter) went thru he wanted to cover all the bases.

LaRae

I think Kent Spark was being sarcastic, at least that is how I took his or her response.

I met Mr. Right in my late 30's and we married in our mid 40's. Though I wanted to marry in my 20's or 30's, I am glad I did not. I love my husband to bits, I don't think I would be this happy if I had married when I wanted to.

Yes, I think Kent Spark was being sarcastic - well I hope so!

Before 2007 William probably felt he was too young to marry. After the short break in 2007 he was training for the RAF. I think Harry joked, following the engagement, that the family wondered whether they would ever get around to marriage. It has been said that Carole had a word in William's ear in about 2009, and he reassured her, but it was a very long haul.

Yes, The Daily Mail claimed William and Carole had a pow wow in late 2009 about his views on marriage. The same Mail that reported Carole screeched about toilets in a cockney accent to The Queen in 2006. I wouldn't trust the Mail to accurately report the time of sunset, let alone private conversations that would have taken place behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom