The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Who's to say he won't gain a lifelong friend in a sister? You don't have to be same-sex siblings to be close to one another. I am sure that George and his new sibling, regardless of the gender, will find a lot of support in each other.
Prince George can also gain a life-long friend in a sister.
It is important that brothers and sisters care about each other.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

Prince George can also gain a life-long friend in a sister.
It is important that brothers and sisters care about each other.
I agree. Brothers and sisters can form Life Long friendships. I have two Cousins (one is 7 Years older then me and the other only six months younger then me) who are very close. My Younger cousin look up to his sister kind of as a motherly type and has lot of respect for her. He has always done what she tells him to do.

Some close Royal Sister-Brother in the pass have been:

Princess Victoria, The Princess Royal (Later German Empress) and Prince Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (Later Edward VII)

Prince George of Wales (Later George V) and Princess Victoria Of Wales (Later The Princess Victoria)

Mary, Princess Royal and Edward Duke of Windsor

Old 09-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
There is also the assumption that a girl will be all 'barbie' and not want to get involved in a brothers rough and tumbles. What a load of rot. I have yet to see a young girl who doesn't want to run around and play in the mud and climb things, if their parents would let them.
I don't know...I was a very girly girl...hated getting dirty and insisted on wearing lacy party dresses on all occasions.

Nothing to do with my parents, it was a personal preference.

On my last trip to Disneyland, I was astounded at all the little princesses running around, many fresh from the Disney beauty salon.

Never say gender doesn't matter, I'm convinced it's innate!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree. It's innate in each individual. Each of us is born with our own set of personal characteristics.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Nobility

Yes, indeed, Roslyn. One of my cousins was as tomboy as girls come and yet she's got two of the most adorable girly-girls in the world.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Nobility

What wonderful news!
I was very close to my brother, despite a wide age difference, until I unfortunately lost him two years ago, but no question, brothers and sisters can be very close.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know...I was a very girly girl...hated getting dirty and insisted on wearing lacy party dresses on all occasions.

Nothing to do with my parents, it was a personal preference.

On my last trip to Disneyland, I was astounded at all the little princesses running around, many fresh from the Disney beauty salon.

Gender is a characteristic that is highly varied. For every girl obsessed with princesses, there is a girl obsessed with sports.

And there are a ton of girls who have very varied interests.

Gender isn't fixed. Never has been.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Here in the US we are seeing more of that too and even lower income moms are staying home along with the middle income moms.

LaRae
The only thing to say to women not working is that they are very welcome in my book - but I don't want the state to pay subsidy to these women.

And a general warning. A woman that is not working have to be much nicer
I'm referring to a radioprogram where this subject was discussed. And a man said that he would like women to take care of the home and not work - because then they would have to treat their husbands much better.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Duchess 'planning five children' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Do journalists really not have very much to fill their pages with?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hyperemesis gravidarum is no morning sickness. It is a severe and debilitating disease that often comes with emergency room visits, IV's, intense medications, and vomiting lots and lots of vomiting. t causes weight loss and severe dehydration. It takes women away from their families, and it robs women of the joys of pregnancy. To call it morning sickness or even acute morning sickness is like saying that a woman with an arrow in her head has a bad headache. It doesn't even begin to encompass the gravity or breadth of symptoms that a woman feels when she suffers from hyperemesis gravidarum.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Courtier

All can say about this is, "poor thing". I tossed my cookies for 6 month during my pregnancy. and now toss my cookies with pain medication or when I get sick and I hate it. It literally drains the life out of me. I also had to deal with migraine headaches during pregnancy and gall bladder attacks which also made me nauseated and sick, so more tossing of the cookies. So I can just imagine how she feels. But like every other woman that gets pregnant, this too shall pass. you just wonder how soon!!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Gentry

I'm currently 6 months pregnant and have been diagnosed with HG. So far, I've been in the hospital 4 times because I became so dehydrated and was losing too much weight from vomiting. (Almost 14 lbs - or 2 stone - in 2 weeks.) Some days are better than others, but on my bad days, I can't even make it from my bed to the bathroom without being sick so I end up having to lay on the floor near the toilet until I feel okay enough to get up. I've been put on 6 different medications at last count (at different times) to try to make it manageable for me, but so far, nothing has really worked. I get so irritated when I read comments from people calling HG 'morning sickness' or downplaying how serious the condition actually is. It isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Catherine is, no doubt, feeling awful. =\
Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kita-Very, very sorry that you are experiencing such a difficult time. I hope that you are being well supported at home. Good luck and I hope that you will have a safe and easy delivery.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Gentry

Thank you, TLLK. That was very sweet of you. :) I have a pretty great husband and two parents who are a bit TOO attentive, so I know I could be worse off. I just keep reminding myself of how fulfilling being a mom will be.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

Kita, I'm so sorry to read about your condition. I hope you feel better very soon. I wish you both, you & your baby (is it a boy or girl?) health.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Kita, thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you feel better soon and that you and your baby have an easy time the rest of the pregnancy.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Commoner

Kita - thank you for sharing your story. My cousin had HG with her last 2 pregnancies and had similar (brutal) experiences. You are truly showing your strength and fortitude as you go through this. I'm sure you (and the Duchess!) are counting the days until your due date!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Gentry

Thank you for all of the support! It really does mean a lot. RoyalNight: We have decided to keep the sex a surprise until I give birth. I have been reading that this condition is indicative of a boy, but I don't know how accurate or scientifically supported that is. I won't complain either way. :)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Oh Kita, I feel for you, I never had that with my babies, and in learning about this, I feel so grateful for that. Please stay well, and don't take what others here say about this illness for they are total i.d.i.o.t.s. I don't take light to anyone saying it's just morning sickness, having a baby is the hardest thing in the world to do and the most important is raising a healthy child......
Some people just love to complain for that is all they know, rest, can you drink some warm tea? Please put the bucket beside the bed, I had to do that with another illness when I couldn't make it to the bathroom.

Closed Thread