The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the Cambridges only have sons - Harry will be our last hope for a Wales line Princess/daughter - wouldn't a ginger daughter of Prince Harry be something?
Aren't all of Princess Anne's granddaughters blonde?
I can't quite decide what color Prince George's hair is - maybe light brown?

If it's another boy I'd love them to try again for a third child as no doubt the comparisons to Princess Diana having 2 sons will no doubt soon follow.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A question with no answer I suspect.

If there is a 50 / 50 of either girl or boy, who decides the winner?? And why are they the winner?

If it's another boy I'd love them to try again for a third child as no doubt the comparisons to Princess Diana having 2 sons will no doubt soon follow.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

You are right but if they will ended up with 2 kids the comparison will always follow: sons like Diana or a daughter compared to Diana...:lol:

After all the comparison have been drawn since they start dating:sad:

Maybe the baby will be born in April. It will be amazing if the baby is born on the Queen's birthday!

Every baby is a roll of the dice. So every time the dice are loaded with not only the sex determining chromosomes, but so many other which determine height, eye color, just everything.
Also, I was taught in biology and by my obstetrician that there are slightly more boys born in the world, but they carry more genetic diseases and are slightly less hardy than female babies and therefore slightly likely to survive than females. so their numbers are about even when they are old enough to reproduce.

It would be lovely to have a little princess, but another boy would be a playmate for George just as Harry was for William.

I think it's a win/win situation!

Not true; Tom and Polly Coke have three daughters and one son.

I read that this was a pleasant accident surprize
When you don't try it happens
Good for them

They have Nanny Maria now to help out. I don't see the Cambridges sharing info with the DM plus it will be easier with the second baby because they know what they are doing now instead of learning on ropes with George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Everytime the Mail Online wants to write complete rubbish they trot out the old "A source close to the couple" (yeah right).... Considering the DM was wrong on just about every detail during Kate's pregnancy with George, from Carole in the delivery room to Pippa as a godparent, I put no stock in the DM.

They have Nanny Maria now to help out. I don't see the Cambridges sharing info with the DM plus it will be easier with the second baby because they know what they are doing now instead of learning on ropes with George.

Trust me, it does not get easier when the second (or third) child arrives. If anything, it gets more chaotic. I can very well see the Cambridges going with Nanny Maria for George and getting a professional newborn nurse for baby #2 for the first few months.

Trust me, it does not get easier when the second (or third) child arrives. If anything, it gets more chaotic. I can very well see the Cambridges going with Nanny Maria for George and getting a professional newborn nurse for baby #2 for the first few months.

And they will get harrassed about having all this help and Kate not doing royal engagements if she doesn't pick up the engagement numbers post baby.

I agree that the second one is not easier. Not only will they have to care for a newborn, who will need just as much attention as George did, George will be in his "terrible twos" phase. Plus, he will probably be a little concerned about his place in the family and need more attention than usual for a while.

However, unless Carole is not inclined to help this time (which would surprise me), I can't see them hiring a professional newborn nurse. Catherine and William tend to like to keep staff to a minimum. I see Carole spending a few weeks helping out. William's schedule will also be different in that he will probably have more regular hours.

And they will get harrassed about having all this help and Kate not doing royal engagements if she doesn't pick up the engagement numbers post baby.
Millions of women go back to work shortly after baby #2 is born, with a daycare center being their only help. And "work" consists of 40 hours a week, not being chauffeured to an event for an hour of small talk once or twice a month. So yes, I think the Duchess could step up her engagements, even with 2 small children. For starters, she might drop in at each of her charities for a change.

Last edited:
There's a thread to discuss Kate's work/charities. Maybe the discussion about what she should/could be doing, can be moved over there instead of clogging up this one.

Millions of women go back to work shortly after baby #2 is born, with a daycare center being their only help. And "work" consists of 40 hours a week, not being chauffeured to an event for an hour of small talk once or twice a month. So yes, I think the Duchess could step up her engagements, even with 2 small children. For starters, she might drop in at each of her charities for a change.

Millions of women also get maternity leave and do not go back to work shortly after the baby is born. They have a year off work.

I am old enough to remember women being criticized for having careers outside of raising a family. That they were being selfish, preferring working over caring for their children. Women who were able to quit working to raising their children were praised as being better than those who worked.

Now women are being criticized as slackers because they put raising their children over a career.

Catherine will be dealing with a 2 year old and a newborn/infant in 2015. I see nothing wrong with giving her some slack on public duties. While many complain that she is not out and about cutting ribbons on this and that 7 days a week, her primary duty is to ensure the Windsor line continues... Giving birth to heirs. So she likes being a mom. I would think many would praise her for her devotion to her child, soon to be children. The alternative would be the Queen's method of raising children, joining your husband in Malta for months while leaving your child behind in London with nannies.

I also seem to recall criticism that she did did not get pregnant sooner.

Catherine just can not seem to please people no matter what she does.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Millions of women also get maternity leave and do not go back to work shortly after the baby is born. They have a year off work.

Every time someone complained about her lack of engagements after George was born we kept being told she was on mat leave and no doubt it will be the same after this one is born. But unlike mat leave for other women she doesn't have to do domestic chores or struggle to pay the mortgage on reduced mat pay on top of looking after her screaming children.

I am old enough to remember women being criticized for having careers outside of raising a family. That they were being selfish, preferring working over caring for their children. Women who were able to quit working to raising their children were praised as being better than those who worked.

Now women are being criticized as slackers because they put raising their children over a career.

Catherine will be dealing with a 2 year old and a newborn/infant in 2015. I see nothing wrong with giving her some slack on public duties. While many complain that she is not out and about cutting ribbons on this and that 7 days a week, her primary duty is to ensure the Windsor line continues... Giving birth to heirs. So she likes being a mom. I would think many would praise her for her devotion to her child, soon to be children. The alternative would be the Queen's method of raising children, joining your husband in Malta for months while leaving your child behind in London with nannies.

I also seem to recall criticism that she did did not get pregnant sooner.

Catherine just can not seem to please people no matter what she does.

I agree totally! :flowers: There is a strong cultural bias present imo. As well, there is making what is a necessity for those without the money, who must work, into a virtue, that is then demanded of those with money enough not to work.

Being she is not yet the Princess of Wales - nor yet the wife of the direct heir, it seems that this is an arrangement sanctioned by the PTB. I have nothing negative to say about a woman wealthy enough to have a life raising her children. She is fortunate. JMO.

Last edited:
Every time someone complained about her lack of engagements after George was born we kept being told she was on mat leave and no doubt it will be the same after this one is born. But unlike mat leave for other women she doesn't have to do domestic chores or struggle to pay the mortgage on reduced mat pay on top of looking after her screaming children.

This just sound petty imho. In one breath we compare her to other women but then in the next breath we say she isn't anything like other women. Which ever way it suits the argument. :bang:

I've always understood that Kate and William keep a small staff (relatively speaking) and that she does at least some of the usual household chores etc. I have someone come in a couple times a month to help out and I don't even have kids at home anymore!

Frankly I say let her be a stay at home mom as long as she and William decide...if that means minimal appearances then people need to deal with it. Her most important 'job' is being a mom. She is fortunate enough to be able to stay home without worrying about the money....no one should begrudge her that.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom