The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that the hospital wants to avoid the crowds and the police want to avoid cost.

I would definitely go with the hospital wanting to avoid the crowds gathering outside. It could turn out to be inconvenient for the other patients and staff and business as usual for the hospital. No one likes a three ring circus when they need medical care.

Or that the hospital wants to avoid the crowds and the police want to avoid cost.

Oh, very true. I think they've told the press when they can start getting ready for the birth so as to make things more convenient for the hospital. However, if she was due on the 5th then it seems unlikely that they would tell the press that they couldn't get set up at the hospital until the 15th. It seems likely to me that she has a later due date so to keep the press from waiting outside the hospital for weeks before she's even due they've narrowed the timeline from "she's due anytime in April" to "she's due sometime between April 15th and April 30th".

If they can tell the media not to set up until April 15th, why can't they tell them they can't set up until Catherine checks in. The media missed her arrival the last time, they can miss this one too. It's not a good time to have your picture taken.

If they can tell the media not to set up until April 15th, why can't they tell them they can't set up until Catherine checks in. The media missed her arrival the last time, they can miss this one too. It's not a good time to have your picture taken.

I think they can only run their cabling starting the 15th but can't start showing up until she is admitted. There is a briefing apparently on the 9th on how the process is going to work.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-baby-due-five-days-earlier-than-thought.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:

Isn't that the truth! :sad:

If I am not mistaken, the press actually did manage to get a picture of Catherine when she arrived at St Mary's to give birth to Prince George, but decided against publishing it. I understand she arrived in an unmarked Saab, owned by the Police.

Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st but this is only the second child, the spare so there won't be as many press e.g. I don't think that all the overseas networks will have their personnel on the ground over there as much as use the feed from the local networks. Simply point - in the grand scheme of things this baby isn't as important as George's birth was.

I know that there have been many younger children who have succeeded but the reasons are less likely to occur in the present day than they did in the past. Accidents can happen of course but in the normal course of medical reasons diseases like influenza, which killed Eddy, or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.

... or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.

Hmmm, we seem to keep producing a lot of twice divorced Americans if that's what an heir wants to look for. :lol::ROFLMAO:

Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st .

That's because they collectively started to believe their own invented due date of July 11th and combined that with "what if the baby comes early" panic.

Yep the media assumed the baby was going to come early, so they set up at the beginning of the month. I remember many of the reporters saying that it was complete chaos.

That's why I don't blame KP (and the hospital) for keeping the media away until the 15th. No one wants a repeat of what happened last time. I imagine it was quite disruptive for the patients and the hospital staff. Having a set day and assigned spots for the media, ensures that there is much less chaos.

Speaking of waiting for the baby, now every time this thread is on top of the page I'm hoping for THE big news :flowers:

I know. Every time I see this thread, I expect to come in and see an announcement.

If I am not mistaken, the press actually did manage to get a picture of Catherine when she arrived at St Mary's to give birth to Prince George, but decided against publishing it. I understand she arrived in an unmarked Saab, owned by the Police.

IIRC it was two Italian Paps who saw them arrive, but both thought back to when they were first time Dads/bringing their Wives in labour to the Hospital and decided to not to take the picture.

Also the only time I've seen any of the Paparazzi actions praised on here ever, but deserved.

When Kate is officially in Labour, there'll be a separate thread started by the Mods. Just thought I'd mention that for our new Members who haven't been around for a Royal Baby Watch yet. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It was two photographers from London that saw them arrive. They were actually the first ones to break the news. I remember being on twitter and seeing a tweet from one of them saying Kate had gone into labor.

They had decided ahead of time not to take any photos of her, but they did take photos of their car and the protection officers entering the hospital.

Last edited:
RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 53m 53 minutes ago
According to The Beast, the press have a briefing about prep for baby 2's arrival tomorrow #royalbaby2

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3m 3 minutes ago
Contrary to some reports, it's been confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge don't know if their second child will be a boy or girl.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 4m 4 minutes ago
Accredited media will only be allowed to take up allocated positions outside the Lindo Wing AFTER the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go to Kensington Palace for a couple of days and then Anmer Hall in Norfolk after baby no 2.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54s 54 seconds ago
Palace spokesman says William and Kate want to thank people around the UK and world for their good wishes over their impending new arrival.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 6 seconds ago
"They know that people are excited that Prince George will soon have a little brother or sister and it means a great deal to them that so..

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 4 seconds ago
"..many will be celebrating this important moment for their family," the spokesman says.

British Royals @britishroyals · 36s 36 seconds ago
Note: If the new #royalbaby arrives after 10pm no announcement will be made until at least 8am the following day.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · now 12 seconds ago
He might be a helicopter pilot but Prince William faces a two-hour dash by car to hospital if Kate goes into labour while he's at work.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 12m 12 minutes ago
Not expecting to see much of Kate & William this summer after the royal birth. They will be in Norfolk where Wills will take up his new role

Not expecting to see much of Kate & William this summer after the royal birth as after an initial couple of days at Kensington Palace following the birth, the young family reside in Norfolk where William will take up his new air ambulance role following 2 weeks paternity leave.
https://www.facebook.com/markstewartphotographyltd/posts/10153245086114721

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
William is currently training at three airports - Staverton in Gloucestershire, Norwich, and Cambridge but mainly Staverton.

I'm also glad things are being straightened out.

I know William & Catherine and all their families are excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3m 3 minutes ago
Contrary to some reports, it's been confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge don't know if their second child will be a boy or girl.

Mark Stewart @RegalEyes · 4m 4 minutes ago
Accredited media will only be allowed to take up allocated positions outside the Lindo Wing AFTER the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go to Kensington Palace for a couple of days and then Anmer Hall in Norfolk after baby no 2.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54s 54 seconds ago
Palace spokesman says William and Kate want to thank people around the UK and world for their good wishes over their impending new arrival.

Glad they put these clarifications out. Might help quell some of the on-going speculation.

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 53m 53 minutes ago
According to The Beast, the press have a briefing about prep for baby 2's arrival tomorrow #royalbaby2

I had to read that twice - the briefing being tomorrow and not the baby's arrival!

British Royals @britishroyals · 11m 11 minutes ago
William & Kate will decide on the day whether or not to bring Prince George to see new his new sibling at St Mary's Hospital #royalbaby

British Royals @britishroyals · 28m 28 minutes ago
KEY POINTS announced today about the next royal birth. #RoyalBaby #William #Kate #PrinceGeorge
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/586189379854409729

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 9m 9 minutes ago
Guy Thorpe-Beeston, appointed surgeon-gynaecologist to the Royal Household in June 2014, will be assisted by Alan Farthing at the birth.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 8m 8 minutes ago
Mr Farthing holds the title of surgeon-gynaecologist and, as far as I can see, is more senior in the household.

"William, 32, will take two weeks' paternity leave, then return to air ambulance training. Kate is expected to take longer maternity leave than last time to be with both the children.

She is likely to attend Trooping the Colour on June 13 and perhaps a couple of other set piece royal events but it is expected to be several months before she returns to official duties. Last time she was back for a couple of engagements in under two months before taking more leave."
Prince William's hospital dash for birth of second child-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/569381/Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-royal-baby

Last edited:
I read on twitter that parking restrictions start from the 13th... The due date might be on that week, although it means little...

I read on twitter that parking restrictions start from the 13th... The due date might be on that week, although it means little...

Well, anything's possible at this stage - at least it will allow the security services to do their checks and prepare in advance.

Well, anything's possible at this stage - at least it will allow the security services to do their checks and prepare in advance.
Yep! I think this time the whole deal has been well organised! Or at least I hope it will turn out like that!:flowers:. That's really no need of a exhausting long month of circus!

You would want to clear the cars out well before you need them clear because anything left after the deadline would have to be checked out before towed. The manholes and sewers would have to be checked too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yep! I think this time the whole deal has been well organised! Or at least I hope it will turn out like that!:flowers:. That's really no need of a exhausting long month of circus!

What makes you think that things had not been well organised the last time around? The press had to wait, as I suspect they might have to this time, because George took his own sweet time to arrive.

:previous:

It was not well organised last time because the press were allowed to camp out in front of the hospital for three weeks before anything even happened.

The fact that this time, the press have been told they cannot do so until Kate is admitted indicates - at least to me - that the royal court felt that the way it happened last time was not ideal, for anyone, and not something they want a repeat of.

Hence, better/more organisation this time around.

(Was there even a press meeting in preparation for George's birth like the one held yesterday?)

Last edited:

It was not well organised last time because the press were allowed to camp out in front of the hospital for three weeks before anything even happened.

The fact that this time, the press have been told they cannot do so until Kate is admitted indicates - at least to me - that the royal court felt that the way it happened last time was not ideal, for anyone, and not something they want a repeat of.

Hence, better/more organisation this time around.

(Was there even a press meeting in preparation for George's birth like the one held yesterday?)

There was indeed a press briefing. Also, the decision to allow the press to camp outside the hospital is not for the Palace, but the local council and the Police.

Well, local council, police or palace - someone clearly felt last time was not handled well in relation to the media gathering and has made different (better) arrangements this time around.

Interesting there was a press briefing for George's birth - it didn't seem like it did too much.

Well, local council, police or palace - someone clearly felt last time was not handled well in relation to the media gathering and has made different (better) arrangements this time around.

Interesting there was a press briefing for George's birth - it didn't seem like it did too much.

I agree. The palace may well have contact the police/security services to discuss the issue - perhaps simply because they did not want photographers on every street corner by the hospital trying to catch a glimpse of Catherine arriving. The police/security services would in turn have discussed arrangements with the local council to check out by-laws/road closures etc and it goes from there.

I must confess, that three weeks of being told nothing was happening became quite tiring last time round, so these reviewed arrangements do seem better.

I must confess, that three weeks of being told nothing was happening became quite tiring last time round, so these reviewed arrangements do seem better.

The very same thing could well happen again. If it is such a bother, switch channels or websites :flowers:

Last time it was announced fairly early that it was a mid-to-late July birth but even so the press started to set up on the 1st but this is only the second child, the spare so there won't be as many press e.g. I don't think that all the overseas networks will have their personnel on the ground over there as much as use the feed from the local networks. Simply point - in the grand scheme of things this baby isn't as important as George's birth was.

I know that there have been many younger children who have succeeded but the reasons are less likely to occur in the present day than they did in the past. Accidents can happen of course but in the normal course of medical reasons diseases like influenza, which killed Eddy, or abdication due to choosing a twice-divorced American are less likely to happen these days.

That is the sad side of primogeniture, uppn which hereditary monarchy is based, One child ends up being "not as important" as the other !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom