The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the unedited recording of the prank and Kate's nurse gave them an update on her condition, and talked about how/what Kate had been doing for the last few hours.

I can't believe how really, really easy it was for them to pull off. The private nurse didn't even question if she was actually talking to Prince Charles and the Queen. I thought for sure she'd get the hint, when the "Queen" kept yelling at "Prince Charles" to take out the corgis.

The hospital definitely needs to do some review on their security.

Last edited:
Nice to see Pippa and James visiting their sister. No doubt her parents will arrive soon to visit. It's not a shock that the Queen wont visit, as she does not visit people in hospital, aside from Prince Philip of course! One exception was made to this when Sophie had Lady Louise. That was the first time she visited someone in hospital in a long time.

Turns out Sophie was standing in for Catherine today at the ICAP Charity Day. Edward was already going to it, but as Catherine couldn't go Sophie stepped up to the plate. Makes sense if Edward was going, but nice of Sophie.

Gordon Rayner‏@gordonrayner
Pippa and James Middleton are at hospital to visit Kate. Her parents visited her last night, but used a back entrance and weren't seen

Nice to see Pippa and James visiting their sister. No doubt her parents will arrive soon to visit. It's not a shock that the Queen wont visit, as she does not visit people in hospital, aside from Prince Philip of course! One exception was made to this when Sophie had Lady Louise. That was the first time she visited someone in hospital in a long time.

Turns out Sophie was standing in for Catherine today at the ICAP Charity Day. Edward was already going to it, but as Catherine couldn't go Sophie stepped up to the plate. Makes sense if Edward was going, but nice of Sophie.

Well, if you check the royal engagements list on The British Monarchy website, Sophie was already schedueld to attend ICAP Charity Day before Catherine went into the hospital.

Yeah, The Queen rarely make hospital visits. There are times she go to visit after the baby is born though.

I think Sophie is going to be a great support for Catherine during her pregnancy.
I get the impression they are close to begin with and hopefully Sophie can be one of the godparents

Am surprised at the responses dealing harshly with the nurse but describing the action of the radio station as a prank call, with the harmless connotation that goes along with that. It's either important to keep a person's medical info private or it's not. The nurse bears responsibility for giving the information out but so, too, do the idiots from the radio station who thought it would be a good idea to make the call in the first place.

How long does the BRF wait to announce the name of the prince or princess? Do they wait as long as the DRF?

I agree the radio station is at fault as well but the medical staff at the hospital are the 'last line of defence' and they must realise that all sorts of unsavoury people are trying to gain access to the Royal couple.
This is a private hospital that deals regularly with the BRF. I expect higher standards

That's true. The radio dj's definitely crossed over a line and deserve a big chunk of the blame.

It's good to see Kate's family rallying around. And it's nice to see support from the Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward. I really like Sophie and I'm hoping that she is named one of the godparents.

Last edited:
Am surprised at the responses dealing harshly with the nurse but describing the action of the radio station as a prank call, with the harmless connotation that goes along with that. It's either important to keep a person's medical info private or it's not. The nurse bears responsibility for giving the information out but so, too, do the idiots from the radio station who thought it would be a good idea to make the call in the first place.

While it was really dumb of the folks at the radio station to make the prank call, they admitted they did not expect to get as far as they did. The brunt of the blame does fall on the nurse. I know that sounds awful, but she should not have said anything other than I need permission from THR to give that information out or you will have to check with the doctor.

There have been hospitals in the US who have fired staff, including the one I work at, for releasing information to the public or even looking at the medical records of high profile people when they had no business looking at them.

I hate that this nurse is now in a very bad situation as I would have probably believed I was talking to the Queen or the POW and may have given out info for fear that I would lose my job for refusing to give the Queen the info she wants.

I don't think it's possible to decide who acted more disgracefully. The presenters hurt a person's right for security, the operator didn't think it's weird the Queen would be calling the hospital and just passed the call to a room of someone who's needing the highest possible level of security and the nurse failed to understand what was quite clearly a hoax (the accents are all wrong and everything they said was ridiculous). All should lose their job, but especially the operator and the nurse who should be accountable for the security breach).

Would the nurse and operator be fired if this was anyone else whose family claimed to be calling?

Would the nurse and operator be fired if this was anyone else whose family claimed to be calling?

Perhaps not, but this isn't just anyone. If this was the USA, Michelle Obama would have been in hospital and someone would have made a hoax call pretending to be Barack Obama asking private question, would the nurse been able to keep her job? I doubt it.
No information should be given on anyone unless you're sure the patient agrees (or in this case, you're sure you are indeed speaking with the Queen), but it's more than that. Thankfully it's 'just' a revolting but harmless prank, what if it was someone with truly bad intentions?

While it was really dumb of the folks at the radio station to make the prank call, they admitted they did not expect to get as far as they did. The brunt of the blame does fall on the nurse. I know that sounds awful, but she should not have said anything other than I need permission from THR to give that information out or you will have to check with the doctor.

There have been hospitals in the US who have fired staff, including the one I work at, for releasing information to the public or even looking at the medical records of high profile people when they had no business looking at them.

I hate that this nurse is now in a very bad situation as I would have probably believed I was talking to the Queen or the POW and may have given out info for fear that I would lose my job for refusing to give the Queen the info she wants.

They may not have expected to get as far as they did with the hospital - and I agree it's ridiculous that things went that far - but they didn't shut things down even once it became clear they were getting information that was none of their business and obviously shouldn't be made public. Doing something unethical isn't less wrong just because the person you're taking advantage of is making it easy for you.

I'm glad her siblings can now visit her as well. It sounds like a good sign, she can see more family members, hopefully it means she's getting stronger.

Well, if you check the royal engagements list on The British Monarchy website, Sophie was already schedueld to attend ICAP Charity Day before Catherine went into the hospital.

Yeah, The Queen rarely make hospital visits. There are times she go to visit after the baby is born though.

Ahhh yes, I see. Camilla attended last year, if I remember correctly.

Has the Queen visited anyone else in hospital except Philip and Sophie?

Perhaps not, but this isn't just anyone. If this was the USA, Michelle Obama would have been in hospital and someone would have made a hoax call pretending to be Barack Obama asking private question, would the nurse been able to keep her job? I doubt it.
No information should be given on anyone unless you're sure the patient agrees (or in this case, you're sure you are indeed speaking with the Queen), but it's more than that. Thankfully it's 'just' a revolting but harmless prank, what if it was someone with truly bad intentions?

That is a bad example as a husband is considered next of kin thus it would not be unreasonable to be telling a husband how his wife is doing.

However, if someone called pretending to be MO's brother and info was given out, that would be wrong.

They may not have expected to get as far as they did with the hospital - and I agree it's ridiculous that things went that far - but they didn't shut things down even once it became clear they were getting information that was none of their business and obviously shouldn't be made public. Doing something unethical isn't less wrong just because the person you're taking advantage of is making it easy for you.

What they did may be considered unethical, but it isn't as bad as the nurse giving out the information.

Spin it any way you want, what she did was worse than what they did.

No doubt the nurse shouldn't have released the little info that she did but the radio station presenters should be in more trouble for violating the privacy of a patient, whether royal or not. They may think of it as a joke with the best intentions but it's breach of security.

The nurse was put in a bad position and clearly didn't understand it was a fake call. I think if she knew it was a fake call, she would've hung up the phone. She just didn't catch on that it was a prank call.

I think the Cambridges are leaving the hospital and palace security to deal with this and not letting this upset them as they are focusing on what's really important. The health of the mother and baby.

This is such wonderful news!!! I am so sorry there is such sickness. Will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

...and I think it is a bit too mucht time to spen at the Hospital because of morning sickness. I have never heard about something similar here in Portugal, she must be really bad...

And what did the nurse said about Kate?

She gave them an update on her condition and talked about what Kate had been doing for the last few hours.

...and I think it is a bit too mucht time to spen at the Hospital because of morning sickness. I have never heard about something similar here in Portugal, she must be really bad...
She doesn't have morning sickness, she has hyperemesis gravidarum. It's much different than morning sickness and it's not uncommon for a woman to end up in the hospital because of it.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see William leaving in good spirits and it tells me that the prank call hasn't bothered them as much as the press will make of it and that Catherine is doing much better.

I'm think they will probably release Catherine soon if she continues to get better.

How long does the BRF wait to announce the name of the prince or princess? Do they wait as long as the DRF?

Announced on the day of, or the day after. The most recent 'line of succession' baby, not counting Savannah or Isla, Viscount Severen his names were released the day after he was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom