The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry must be jumping for joy! He is now free to marry whatever glamour model his heart desires :lol:

Harry isn't out of the woods yet. I seem to recall that when Edward VIII abdicated, George VI and Elizabeth became Heiress Presumptive....Henry, Duke of Gloucester had to curtail his army career (i.e. still in the army but no foreign postings) for a bit (until Elizabeth reached the age of 16 or 18 if I recall). The idea was that if something happened to George VI and Elizabeth had not reached 18, than Harry would have to play some sort of role (i.e. I believe a regency) until Elizabeth could rule on her own.

Of course that was a while ago and things have changed.

Either way...its great news for Catherine and William and the families.

This is fantastic news and I really hope the pregnancy goes smoothly and happily.

I kind of had a feeling that an announcement wasn't far off when Wills quipped "I'll keep this one" when he was presented with a "Daddy's little co-pilot" onesie recently. :D

At the risk of completely lacking content - Whoopie! :baby::baby::baby::baby:

Kate admitted to hospital with Royal connections/

Reading through that list, I have just noted that is almost exactly 11 years to the date that Sophie was admitted to the King Edward VII hospital with her life-threatening ectopic pregnancy.

I am just so excited for the pair. It is going to feel like the longest pregnancy in Royal history no doubt.

FINALLY :wub: CONGRATULATIONS to the young couple:flowers:
I am hoping she will not lose too much weight during her sickness, because she's already very slim, even I always found her athletic and healthy looking.

What a fantastic news!!! I am very happy about it, and I wish them all the best!!

Congratulations!

What wonderful news! I hope she feels better soon. I heard on BBC that William is with her in the hospital - I'm sure it's comforting for her to have him there.

My cousin suffered from acute morning sickness during 2 of her 4 pregnancies, to the point where she had to have a PICC line and basically "feed herself" intravenously when she went home from the hospital.

Fortunately, she delivered healthy babies in both cases and was just fine herself afterwards. Unlike what I saw above, these were her 3rd and 4th pregnancies, and both were boys. :)

this is fantastic news! i can't wait to hear when we are expecting the royal birth.

i guess this means that it will then be in King Edward VII hospital that kate will give birth.

personally, i find it a bit intrusive that clarence house publishes that kate is suffering from "Hyperemesis gravidarum" or violent vomitting and nausea. i find it a bit denigrating towards kate and i wonder if she is actually aware of the fact they publisized all this detail.

so i guess this means that kate was possibly pregnant when she started the royal tour in september. i wonder if this was the case, as i heard that flying is not recommended in the early and late stages of the pregnancy.

Great news, she looked so good playing hockey at her old school a few days ago, i hope she'll be over the morning sickness-period quickly!

Is she going to deliver in the same hospital? :)

this is fantastic news! i can't wait to hear when we are expecting the royal birth.

i guess this means that it will then be in King Edward VII hospital that kate will give birth.

personally, i find it a bit intrusive that clarence house publishes that kate is suffering from "Hyperemesis gravidarum" or violent vomitting and nausea. i find it a bit denigrating towards kate and i wonder if she is actually aware of the fact they publisized all this detail.

so i guess this means that kate was possibly pregnant when she started the royal tour in september. i wonder if this was the case, as i heard that flying is not recommended in the early and late stages of the pregnancy.

She's less than 12 weeks pregnant, so she wouldn't have been pregnant when she started the tour. Also, I'm sure she's aware that they released details on her condition and finds it preferable to speculation and innuendo.

I agree with those who are of the opinion that the only reason Clarence House had to go into detail about her pregnancy is because 1) she has royal engagements that may now be canceled and 2) if she disappeared it would cause more questions than answers. Even now if you read the Daily Mail (and you know what you get when you read that paper) you have people who are basically down playing the morning sickness angle. Forgetting of course, that women have different experiences while pregnant.

Just to comment on this, of course all pregnancies are different but I had my daughter 18 months ago and traveled frequently for work while pregnant. My doctors put no limitations on flying during the first or second trimesters. In fact I was hoping they'd limit me earlier in my 3rd trimester than they did. :)

Interesting, her "friend" Jessica Hayes was right. Lucky guess or did she really know before the Queen? I'm excited for them, but I know it'll be a long 7ish months for her!

Congrats to the both of them!

I hope for Kate her pregnancy will go smoothly and they have a healthy baby. Can't wait to see how her style is going to develope.

August last year, Swedish media reported that Crown Princes Victoria was pregnant, a news of 1-2 minutes.

December this year: BBC spends 10 minutes at the top of the hour reporting that Kate is pregnant

So........let the bombardment begin. Lets just say that May through July will be hectic for staff at the hospitals in finding out who is a real patient and who is a undercover reporter:whistling:

August last year, Swedish media reported that Crown Princes Victoria was pregnant, a news of 1-2 minutes.

December this year: BBC spends 10 minutes at the top of the hour reporting that Kate is pregnant

So........let the bombardment begin. Lets just say that May through July will be hectic for staff at the hospitals in finding out who is a real patient and who is a undercover reporter:whistling:

No disrespect to Victoria but from a media perspective as well as global interest, Catherine's pregnancy is much bigger news.

YAY!! I saw it first on Facebook. I came here to get confirmation, wow I feel like I am getting a new member of my family. I remember when Diana announced she was pregnant with Prince William, can't believe he is now going to be a father. God Bless them!! So excited!!

It seems that Catherines friend Jessica was right. I suppose that they spoke about the pregnancy since they are supposedley friends. I would think it would be very difficult for Catherine to keep a secret from friends and family. So I assume all the family already knew. :flowers:

I knew it! Her face seemed fuller and she was looking a bit sickly lately. Well I'm happy for them...Congrats to the couple.

Congratulations to the lovely couple! I hope in a few months we will have one sweet little girl!!! ^_^

I agree with those who are of the opinion that the only reason Clarence House had to go into detail about her pregnancy is because 1) she has royal engagements that may now be canceled and 2) if she disappeared it would cause more questions than answers. Even now if you read the Daily Mail (and you know what you get when you read that paper) you have people who are basically down playing the morning sickness angle. Forgetting of course, that women have different experiences while pregnant.
Personally I'm always surprised when others downplay morning sickness. Each pregnancy is different. I agree that Clarence House needed to release in the information regarding her admittance to the hospital.

Congratulations to the couple and I hope that the rest of her pregnancy will be easier.

Congratulations to Kate & William!!!

For her sake, I hope this is truly precautionary and that she will feel better quickly.

Various tweets/reports claim that the royal family just found out the news today before William took her to the hospital. If that is true, I can't imagine she would've told "friends" anything, probably just her parents.

I was looking at the royal OB/GYN info and it seems that Marcus Setchell stepped down in 2008 (for Her Majesty, anyway) and was replaced by Alan Farthing. However, Wiki says that Dr. Setchell practices at KEVII hospital and Alan Farthing, elsewhere. So perhaps Kate is using Dr. Setchell. No matter, really, as I'm sure she is receiving the best of care.

Guys on tumblr are going crazy over the fact the child could be a "half blood prince".

Many, many congratulations to William and Kate!! I know both families are thrilled with the news. Bless her heart about the morning sickness, though. I hope that with bed rest and fluids she'll be feeling much more like her old self very soon. I hate that they were kind of forced to tip their hand so soon but it will all work out in the end. Best wishes to them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom