The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh gosh, 11 pages!!! i had lot of time to read all the comments, as expected...back on topic:

im SO HAPPY!!! it was a bit expected since i already said that she kinda looked pregnant in her last engagements, fuller face, gain of weight, new look (bangs, not that it really means anything but when you 'change' you also want to have a diferent look, i know many women who marries or gets pregnant and cuts or dyes their hair).

i wish Catherine a safe pregnancy and delivery! it must be rough for her now, but with time she'll get better. a summer baby, how lovely is that.

as for gender, i love girls so i would like it to be a girl of course, but this time i would not mind at all if its boy, its been a while since we've had a male heir since Christian.

and i cant wait to see her baby bump grow, i cant picture it! this will be a very long pregnancy...

now it only misses Charlene pregnancy and Victoria's 2nd pregnancy annoucements! 2013 will be another happy and joyful royal year^^

i just heard the new!!! how exciting and congrats to the newlyweds

BTW: I hope for HRH Prince Christian of Denmark that it will be a boy. But guess the picture: King Christian among many beautiful European queens.

No need to worry about Christian. If I am not completely wrong there is a male heir in Liechtenstein, too :flowers:

Does this mean when the baby is born that "officially" she will have to curtsy to her son/daughter? Wait now wont the curtsy rule kind of change for her? Now that she will be with the third in line for the throne most all the time, She would be with someone that out ranks everyone from Daddy down. Right?
Well since she is pregnant, the third in line is with her all the time for at least another 7 to 8 months. So she should not have to courtesy to anyone except HM, POW, and the DofC.

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:

Does this mean when the baby is born that "officially" she will have to curtsy to her son/daughter? Wait now wont the curtsy rule kind of change for her? Now that she will be with the third in line for the throne most all the time, She would be with someone that out ranks everyone from Daddy down. Right?

You only curtsey/bow to adults so Kate would not have to do that. Moreover, the child will be a great-grandchild of the Queen and thus have a lower precedence that the wife of the Sovereign's grandson.

Awww Im so happy for them...they look like a really loving couple. Poor Catherine though I remember my sister she had morning sickness from the time she conceived till the baby left her body. Straight after the birth she was rejoicing the lack nausea more than the baby!!! but the baby stole her attention pretty soon after :) I hope hers is not that severe.

:previous:You beat me to it! Many doctors (including mine) attribute morning sickness to the rise in a pregnancy hormone HCG which peaks about 8-9 weeks. It should generally clear up by 12 weeks.

I feel for poor Kate and all the posters who have had it this bad. My morning sickness ,which lasted all day, seemed terrible enough for my two pregancies and I wasn't hospitalized. Mine lasted beyond the 12 weeks, I just hope hers clears up and doesn't last long.

If She was able to play field hockey in heels on Friday, she must not have been suffering on the couch, at the desk, all day long like many women.:)

Looks like she's be due in July

Last edited:
:previous:You beat me to it! Many doctors (including mine) attribute morning sickness to the rise in a pregnancy hormone HCG which peaks about 8-9 weeks. It should generally clear up by 12 weeks.

I feel for poor Kate and all the posters who have had it this bad. My morning sickness ,which lasted all day, seemed terrible enough for my two pregancies and I wasn't hospitalized. Mine lasted beyond the 12 weeks, I just hope hers clears up and doesn't last long.

If She was able to play field hockey in heels on Friday, she must not have been suffering on the couch, at the desk, all day long like many women.:)

Looks like she's be due in July

I had the same experience with my second pregnancy. It started at the beginning of my 6th week and stayed until my 12th. I was nauseous all day and night. One day I was energetic and happy then exhausted and ill the next. Hopefully Kate's misery will end soon.

I come home from work and my husband tell me the news, I said i have to check the royal forum, and i come here and it is already 11 pages! my god!!!! can't belive it!!!!
I am so happy for them , I wish them just the best, heatlhy baby and good pregnancy! now can somebody clearfied me soemthing my husband said that he listen in the news about being twins, from where is that news comeing from?

The condition that Kate is suffering from can be caused by a number of factors, one of which is multiple births. I don't think this is the case, more that it's her first pregnancy than it being twins. But if the media can make it even MORE sensational, rest assured, they'll be all over that like white on rice.

According to wikipedia, the condition most often occurs when a woman is pregnant with a girl.

Maybe the baby will be born at the birthday of its father. This would be the greatest gift from her to him. She should have now the possibility to rest, to recover from the HG and then to fully enjoy the pregnancy.

Explains the condition
Baby joy for Kate and William | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate remains in hospital undergoing treatment for acute morning sickness - Will Auntie Pippa visit her today? Grandpa Charles?

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal I'd be suprised if #Kate was discharged today - St James' seem to indicate likely to be Wednesday or beyond #Cambridge

Also read that William may take over her engagements not sure if that includes her solo engagement or just the ones they were supposed to do together. But this article says otherwise so idk
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4679099/kate-middleton-is-pregnant-with-first-child.html

Last edited:
This baby will also be a jubilee baby as next June the coronation of HM The Queen has its 60th anniversary.

♔ Royal Central ♔ ‏@RoyalCentralUK LATEST NEWS: Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge is to spend her second day in King Edward VII Hospital, suffering with acute morning sickness.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
@britishroyals @skynewsroyal @royalreporter @re_dailymail don't think they will be doing regular statements - will make it too dramatic.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @RoyalKateDebate Palace officials expect William to go to those events he was due to attend with Kate still.

I haven't slept much lately haven't been feeling well since my procedure and final exams are killing me but after yesterday's news I am sure I won't be sleeping much for the next 6 months or so!!

Last edited:
Live stream from outside the hospital
Reuters Live Stream

Rose Hughes (Gretton ‏@RoseSkyNews #royalbaby Good morning all. Day 2 at king ed vii hospital. Italian Journo talking royal bambino paper pick up. pic.twitter.com/UuGuyPBq

marieclaireuk ‏@marieclaireuk As Kate Middleton spends another day in hospital it looks less likely that she'll be able to attend this... http://goo.gl/YyGqX

Heart East Anglia ‏@HeartEastAnglia
NEWS: #royalbaby Kate to spend a second day in hospital with acute morning sickness. http://bit.ly/R3kR4h

OK! Magazine ‏@OK_Magazine
Kate Middleton pregnancy UPDATE #royalbaby : http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/view/56816/Kate-Middleton-reassured-about-acute-morning-sickness-as-husband-Prince-William-visits/ …

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling Good morning from the King George VII! http://ow.ly/i/1cvJ8 #royal #royalbaby #kate #baby #william

good god many reporters even spent the night outside the hospital and they're back bright and early!
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Media from around the world are gathered outside King Edward VII Hospital, lots of TV #royalbaby http://yfrog.com/kexiclaj

Apparently the couple had wished to keep it private until Xmas
William locals: 'Anglesey air' helped with royal baby

by Rupert Evelyn - ITV News Correspondent "It's the Anglesey air" says one of the island's residents on news of a royal pregnancy. The same resident who has served the royal couple in the pub said she was "made-up" at the baby news.

ITV is saying she'll be out in a week others are telling me as early as Wednesday or Thursday

Photo from late last night
David Wilkinson's Twitter pic (@Wilkinson_David) Photographers' ladders lined up outside King Edward VII Hospital #royalbaby #CNN #royal http://t.co/SjMfBqfU -

Last edited:
The last time something similar to this happened in the BRF was the birth of William and I can't remember what happened back then.

What are the traditions?
What title is the child likely to get? Just Prince/ss?

I'm sure we can expect a lot of clebrations next year, but are there official traditions?
Bonfires, announcements, salutes and so on?

It's interesting because this is the firstborn of the heir to the heir and as people tend to live long in the BRF and can be expected to live even longer in the future, this must be normal. I.e. that the ruling monarch is not the one to have a child, that would have been taken care of decades earllier.

The last time something similar to this happened in the BRF was the birth of William and I can't remember what happened back then.

What are the traditions?
What title is the child likely to get? Just Prince/ss?

George V's Letters Patent of 1917 limit the style of Royal Highness and title of a Prince/Princess to the male-line grandchildren of the Monarch and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. Thus, if William and Kate's eldest child is a boy, he will automatically be a Prince of the United Kingdom with the style of Royal Highness. He Will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Name of Cambridge (for as long as his father is the Duke of Cambridge).

If, however, the child is a girl, then she will be a "mere" great-grandchild of the Monarch and as such not automatically entitled to the style of Royal Highness or title of a Princess. Instead, she will be known just as a daughter of a Duke - The Lady Name Windsor (or Lady Name Mountbatten-Windsor).
This said, it is virtually certain that at some point in the upcoming months the Queen will release new Letters Patent granting all children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge the style of Royal Highness and title of a British Prince or Princess (just as George VI did for then Princess Elizabeth's children because otherwise Charles and Anne - both born during their grandfather's reign and thus female-line grandchildren of the Monarch - would not be Royal Highnesses or Prince and a Princess). That would mean that William and Kate's daughter will be known as Her Royal Highness Princess Name of Cambridge (for as long as William is the Duke of Cambridge).

I'm sure we can expect a lot of clebrations next year, but are there official traditions?
Bonfires, announcements, salutes and so on?
In regards to announcements, an official announcement of the birth will be released by the Buckingham Palace, the Clarence House and St James Palace. Immediately afterwards, the announcement will be picked up by major broadcasting companies (BBC and other); usually the National Anthem is played immediately after the birth is announced (as happened when then Princess Elizabeth gave birth to Prince Charles). Some days later, the Buckingham Palace will release a further announcement which will include the baby's names.

As for salutes, gun salutes do indeed occur after royal births. If a boy, a 41 gun salute will be fired in Hyde Park, the Tower of London and across the country. If a girl, I think the tradition was 20 gun salutes.

Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

The number of Godparents is basically up to the couple; I would expect at least four but no more than seven. Foreign royals will almost certainly not feature among them with the possible exception of a member of the Greek Royal Family (honouring Prince Philip's side of family).

Last edited:
I'm very happy for William and Catherine. I hope the pregnancy becomes easier and more pleasant for them. A source I read said that Catherine stayed with her parents for the weekend while William was away with friends . It was certainly good of William to drive to the Middleton's Bucklebury home on Monday in order to take Catherine to hospital. But I wonder how much time they actually spend together because it seems to me that William is often away doing things with his friends. Is it normal for wealthy people to spend their weekends separately? I wonder, too, whether Catherine is happy that William is gone for long periods of time both working and playing?

The Royals Watch

Thanks for your swift and thorough reply, Artemisia :flowers:

I'm sure The Queen will issue Letters Patent granting William & Kate's daughter the style of Royal Highness and title of Princess of the UK, especially if she is their first born child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom