The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 572
Congratulations to the happy couple! What wonderful news on this Monday morning!
__________________

__________________
  #142  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..
Actually a friend of mine was hospitalised for morning sickness, she became dehydrated because she couldn't even keep water down.
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..
That's not true at all. The type of morning sickness she has, which they announced by name, usually requires a visit to the hospital.

Hyperemesis gravidarum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel bad for Kate, because this condition sounds awful and also because people are already writing it off and acting like she's malingering.
__________________
  #144  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..
Morning sickness at its worse is absolutely a matter for hospitalization. I know. I've been there and on medication for it throughout my entire first pregnancy. There are so many threats to a woman's health due to severe morning sickness let alone to the fetus itself. Kate is absolutely in the best possible place for her and her baby's well being. Being under strict observation will hopefully ensure that the rest of the pregnancy goes well.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #145  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,410
Yes, I imagine the late Princess of Wales is smiling down on her son & daughter-in-law.

The royal family and palace must be happy over this news and wishing the Cambridges well on this journey.
__________________
  #146  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,948
What lovely news! I hope Her Highness feels better.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #147  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,410
Live updates:
Royal - ITV News
__________________
  #148  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Queen Penelope's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camrose, Canada
Posts: 639
A friend of mine lost quite a bit of weight in the early stages of her pregnancy because she could not keep anything down. She was never admitted, but twice they hooked her up to an IV and kept her in emerg overnight to make sure she was hydrated and that her electrolytes were in balace. It all turned out in the end and the baby is happy, healthy and growing like a weed (and crazy about her "Auntie").
Hope Kate feels better soon and that the rest of her pregnancy is easy!

Baby Cambridge!!!!
__________________
  #149  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,723
Well that's a great news congratulations for both Kate and William i hope she will enjoy her pregnancy time.
__________________
  #150  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 4,890
Such fantastic news! Congratulations!
__________________
  #151  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,547
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their first child| Spletnik.ru
__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
  #152  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 118
Congratulations to the Parents-to-be and the rest of The Family! I am sure that they all must be thrilled.

I had hyperemesis with both my children, many years ago. I lost 15 lbs in the first 3 weeks with each of them. Couldn't even manage water. And, the smell of certain foods was anathema to me. I love my coffee first thing in the morning, but during this time, I couldn't bear the smell of coffee. After an IV and medication, things improved. Although I had to take the medication throughout the entire 9 months. And, both my children were healthy and well.

I also remember how wonderful that first cup of coffee tasted after 9 months without it. Funny...
__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
  #153  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Poolbabe's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bray, Ireland
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya View Post
The press said it in they are right........ congrats to them i know harry will be happy when he find out.
According to British News, Harry already knows,they would not of announced it before telling him. It would not be fair!
__________________
  #154  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Calenei's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 178
Really lovely news!
__________________
  #155  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach (CA), United States
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..
Not true at all. Due to this announcement, I'm learning quite a bit about Hyperemesis. So many people on blogs and twitter are discussing how they or their family/friends suffered and had to go into the hospital due to this condition. Even the news programs are interviewing doctors about it.

Hyperemesis is not your typical morning sickness - it's much worse. Many women lose tons of weight and can't keep anything down (including water).

It's been announced that Catherine has canceled her next 3 engagements.
__________________
  #156  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,805
Congratulations to the couple. Here's hoping Kate ( & William) get to enjoy some of their first pregnancy. What a fantastic way for the Queen to end her Jubilee Year. Knowing that she records her Christmas message early, I wonder if she'll include a comment about this happy news.
__________________
  #157  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,410
David Wilkinson‏@Wilkinson_David
Breaking: William just left hospital #royalbaby
__________________
  #158  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Naggi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Posts: 789
Congratulations to the couple and their families. What great news :-)
Hope the Duchess feels better soon and can enjoy her pregnancy.
__________________
  #159  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Poolbabe's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bray, Ireland
Posts: 128
Sky News have just said,that Prince Harry was told today by email!!! :)
__________________
  #160  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,632
BTW: I hope for HRH Prince Christian of Denmark that it will be a boy. But guess the picture: King Christian among many beautiful European queens.
__________________

__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Closed Thread

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]