The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Such great news, apart from the fact that Catherine has it hard. Hope the doctors can stop the sickness, so she can enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Harry will be very happy when he is not longer the "spare".
Silly question: but can Doctors stop a sickness like this? Henry will still have to be around until the child's 18 I would have thought but it will definitely be a weight off his shoulders. Africa here I come, I bet

Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Such happy news! I hope she recovers quickly and that the rest of her pregnancy goes more easily!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to them both!!!!! So happy for them, hope Catherine get better soon!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so glad for them also that the timing of the pregnancy worked out so well for them- their new home will probably be ready for them, and they have no tours scheduled.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I think the couple's website has crashed. Anyone else having difficulty accessing it?
I tried it nearly two hours ago, and it was down then.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am soooooooooooooo happy for them and I can't stop to smile.

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge I wish a perfect pregnancy and both a wonderful time to prepare the birth.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

The doctor on FOX News from Buffalo is saying Catherine's sickness is a sign of twins hehehe
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post

I tried it nearly two hours ago, and it was down then.
Really? They only announced an hour and a half ago. Wonder why it's been down so long.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond, released the following statement: "My warmest congratulations and sincere best wishes to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn on this wonderful news. Everyone in Scotland will join me in wishing the couple the very best as they prepare for the birth of their first child."
Old 12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Silly question: but can Doctors stop a sickness like this? Henry will still have to be around until the child's 18 I would have thought but it will definitely be a weight off his shoulders. Africa here I come, I bet
From the info in PrincePatrick's post, it looks like it can be managed with hydration and medication.

The official site is down because of high traffic. They've put a temp site up with news of the announcement.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Harry must be jumping for joy! He is now free to marry whatever glamour model his heart desires
Harry isn't out of the woods yet. I seem to recall that when Edward VIII abdicated, George VI and Elizabeth became Heiress Presumptive....Henry, Duke of Gloucester had to curtail his army career (i.e. still in the army but no foreign postings) for a bit (until Elizabeth reached the age of 16 or 18 if I recall). The idea was that if something happened to George VI and Elizabeth had not reached 18, than Harry would have to play some sort of role (i.e. I believe a regency) until Elizabeth could rule on her own.

Of course that was a while ago and things have changed.

Either way...its great news for Catherine and William and the families.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Really? They only announced an hour and a half ago. Wonder why it's been down so long.
I heard it on "The View" one hour and 50 minutes ago.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is fantastic news and I really hope the pregnancy goes smoothly and happily.

I kind of had a feeling that an announcement wasn't far off when Wills quipped "I'll keep this one" when he was presented with a "Daddy's little co-pilot" onesie recently.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

At the risk of completely lacking content - Whoopie!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate admitted to hospital with Royal connections/

Reading through that list, I have just noted that is almost exactly 11 years to the date that Sophie was admitted to the King Edward VII hospital with her life-threatening ectopic pregnancy.

I am just so excited for the pair. It is going to feel like the longest pregnancy in Royal history no doubt.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Courtier

FINALLY CONGRATULATIONS to the young couple
I am hoping she will not lose too much weight during her sickness, because she's already very slim, even I always found her athletic and healthy looking.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

What a fantastic news!!! I am very happy about it, and I wish them all the best!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Commoner

Congratulations!

What wonderful news! I hope she feels better soon. I heard on BBC that William is with her in the hospital - I'm sure it's comforting for her to have him there.

My cousin suffered from acute morning sickness during 2 of her 4 pregnancies, to the point where she had to have a PICC line and basically "feed herself" intravenously when she went home from the hospital.

Fortunately, she delivered healthy babies in both cases and was just fine herself afterwards. Unlike what I saw above, these were her 3rd and 4th pregnancies, and both were boys.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

this is fantastic news! i can't wait to hear when we are expecting the royal birth.

i guess this means that it will then be in King Edward VII hospital that kate will give birth.

personally, i find it a bit intrusive that clarence house publishes that kate is suffering from "Hyperemesis gravidarum" or violent vomitting and nausea. i find it a bit denigrating towards kate and i wonder if she is actually aware of the fact they publisized all this detail.

so i guess this means that kate was possibly pregnant when she started the royal tour in september. i wonder if this was the case, as i heard that flying is not recommended in the early and late stages of the pregnancy.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Great news, she looked so good playing hockey at her old school a few days ago, i hope she'll be over the morning sickness-period quickly!

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william