The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's quite easy to say 'Catherine is ill', there's a huge reason why pregnancy is usually announced at 3 months. I hope for their sake everything goes according to plan.
People have speculated since they got engaged, American tabloids tell us she's been pregnant at least 3 times and occasionally with twins.

EDIT: there's now a royal foetus twitter account.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Congrats to the couple, hope everything is okay

Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's quite easy to say 'Catherine is ill', there's a huge reason why pregnancy is usually announced at 3 months. I hope for their sake everything goes according to plan.
People have speculated since they got engaged, American tabloids tell us she's been pregnant at least 3 times and occasionally with twins.

EDIT: there's now a royal foetus twitter account.
I do not think the "Catherine is ill" story would fly at all. There would be all sorts of speculation, along with questions as to the nature of the illness. I tend to agree with the approach taken by the Palace to come clean, and announce the reason why she is in hospital.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Great news.
Let's hope for an untroubled pregnancy and for the child having roughly the right number of arms and legs.

That must mean a birth in May or June, I guess.

And William is in for some interesting few months. - If he has previously thought Kate could sometimes act irrationally he ain't seen anything yet!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the happy couple!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
Great news.
Let's hope for an untroubled pregnancy and for the child having roughly the right number of arms and legs.

That must mean a birth in May or June, I guess.

And William is in for some interesting few months. - If he has previously thought Kate could sometimes act irrationally he ain't seen anything yet!
June baby, if the calculations people are doing on twitter are correct. I would hate for it to be the same day as William's birthday.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
June baby, if the calculations people are doing on twitter are correct. I would hate for it to be the same day as William's birthday.

It could be born on HM The Queen's Official Birthday either!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe

It could be born on HM The Queen's Birthday either!
Well not her actual one.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yay! Thats so exciting. Shame she's having such a rough go with morning sickness though
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Commoner

I am so happy for them! Wonderful news! Congratulations William and Kate! Can't wait for the baby to be born! They will be perfect parents!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Nobility

AAAAH! So happy and exited!!!
Kate- and Royal haters are now really angry, but I don't care! I'm so happy

I'm sad she's sick. And God, I'm so exited! Cannot wait to be in june!

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Kate was at her parents' house when she took ill. Reports say that William is at the hospital with her.

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard June or July.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Awwww...i am so very happy for them
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, quite easy until a nurse or doctor at the KEVII hospital, who is familiar with the actual reason she's there, accidentally mentions it to a cleaner or a porter or one of the catering staff, or even another patient, who then sells the information to one of the many journalists who are, as we speak, hanging around outside the hospital.

They simply would never have been able to contain the true cause of Kate's illness for any length of time, so they opted to control the release of the information themselves. Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Why would you hate that? My daughter was born on my husband's birthday, and they love that they share the day. Each year we celebrate with two cakes, and it's special for both of them. As I delivered her, everyone clapped and sang Happy Birthday to both my hubby and the new baby, and we all agreed I never had to give him another present!!

Congrats to the whole family on the pregnancy. I hope Catherine is feeling better soon. I had severe morning sickness with only one of my four babies... My doctor pointed out that was a good sign of a healthy, growing baby!!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Makes perfect sense to me.
Well that's lovely. :) thanks for letting me know. Also your faith in the Nurses and Doctors at hospitals, particularly that one, does amuse me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post

Why would you hate that?
Because IMO within a family, everyone should have their own birthday and never have to share it. I understand that you obviously share your birthday with someone in the world, but within your own family I don't like it. Your birthday should be your own. I do feel sorry for twins.

Also - imagine when it comes to royal birthday celebrations, taxpayer would have a field day.
Serene Highness

I think the couple's website has crashed. Anyone else having difficulty accessing it?
Royal Highness

Such great news, apart from the fact that Catherine has it hard. Hope the doctors can stop the sickness, so she can enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Harry will be very happy when he is not longer the "spare".
Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Such great news, apart from the fact that Catherine has it hard. Hope the doctors can stop the sickness, so she can enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Harry will be very happy when he is not longer the "spare".
Harry must be jumping for joy! He is now free to marry whatever glamour model his heart desires
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

what splendid news! I am so very happy for William and Catherine. Im sure the families are beside themselves with joy. Im just glad it was announced since alot of the members had " speculated " that she might be pregnant. Now we can all move forward and discuss her preganancy without being reprimanded for " assuming ". Anyway, hope Catherine feels better soon and I honestly do not know how she was able to keep her schedule while feeling terrible. I give her credit for trying to keep up. This is a new chapter in the lives of two wonderful, loving people who deserve all the happiness in the world and I am sure that Diana is looking down with total joy for her boy. congratulations to both families and CHEERS!!!

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william