The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge 'unlikely to recover for several weeks' after pregnancy sickness worsens - Telegraph

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall says she "can't wait to spoil" the royal baby
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall can't wait to become grandparents. - hellomagazine.com

Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Courtier

I think they will make smashing grandparents. But it is very sad that Princess Diana is not here to experience it - can you imagine the clothes she would buy this child if it's a girl???LOL

Old 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can imagine them being brilliant grandparents. I'm sure we'll see lots of cute pictures after the baby is born!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

People has an article entitled
Pink Offers Sympathy for Kate's Pregnancy Woes

though she doesn't actually mention the Duchess by name in the interview All it really says is this:
Quote:
She now feels sympathy for the ailing Duchess of Cambridge, who is suffering in the early stages of her own pregnancy.

Besides that the rest is just about Pink and how she didn't have morning sickness instead she felt alot of rage.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya I know it's the first I've ever heard of a woman feeling rage during her pregnancy but I guess everyone is different idk
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

There seems to be an awful lot in the press these days about the Cambridges not having a nanny or at least not a full time one as if this is a fact. Have they ever actually said in an interview or released a statement saying this themselves or is it just a lot of speculation by the usual "palaces sources" starting all this up?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
There seems to be an awful lot in the press these days about the Cambridges not having a nanny or at least not a full time one as if this is a fact. Have they ever actually said in an interview or released a statement saying this themselves or is it just a lot of speculation by the usual "palaces sources" starting all this up?
Maybe Jessica Hay knows and has told the media.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Neither of them have ever said a word about this issue, to my knowledge, (and why on earth would they), but this is the sort of speculation that will quickly settle into "fact" and follow the couple, especially Kate, around until the end of time.

Case in point: Prior to getting married to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Mary Donaldson gave an interview in which she said she and Frederik didn't plan on their children being "raised by nannies." Not once did she say they wouldn't HAVE nannies, and she also said that she would consider herself a working mother and that she realized she'd be in the fortunate position of having a lot of help, compared to most mothers, which to me if anything indicates that even at that time she knew she and Frederik would be employing help to look after their eventual children. A couple years later, Prince Christian is born, the family hires an extremely well qualified nurse to help care for him and the snotty comments started immediately about how Mary was a hypocrite for doing something she'd said she never would. Those sorts of comments still pop up to this day.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

my grandma has a way of telling whether it's a boy or girl but I'll have to wait till Kate starts showing then I'll show her a pic of Kate and see what she says. So far she's never ever been wrong. Should be interesting to see if she once again gets it right.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We also know Catherine has never smoked. She recently mentioned this on an official engagement.

I can remember when the Duke and Duchess were dating seeing pictures of the Duchess, open purse with a pack of ciggarettes in it and the press going nuts that she smoked... I guess they could have been someone elses and she was just holding them. Anyway, if she did smoke lets be thankful that she is not now...

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=duche...8&tx=113&ty=70
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE="Lady Ann;1492261"]

I can remember when the Duke and Duchess were dating seeing pictures of the Duchess, open purse with a pack of ciggarettes in it and the press going nuts that she smoked... I guess they could have been someone elses and she was just holding them. Anyway, if she did smoke lets be thankful that she is not now...

LOL! Someone gave the Duchess of Cornwall their cigarettes to hold. Wouldn't believe it if my kids gave me that excuse, and I surely don't believe it here.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure of the no support story is true, but if so it could be because the hospital is in London and the family live in Bristol. The hospital is establishing a fund for the family.

from the BBC
"King Edward VII's Hospital said it "has at all times offered to provide whatever assistance and support it can to Mrs Saldanha's family".
Her family made a private visit to the hospital on Monday, which has now set up the Jacintha Saldanha Memorial Fund. This will offer financial support to Mr Barboza and her children."
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The DM and the Telegraph have printed this story - the same story because they feed stories between each other.

Catherine and William do not talk to anyone about their personal lives - except perhaps their parents. This story, in my opinion, has been made up. Its like setting a trap *rather like the incident with CP Mary). The Cambridges will undoubtedly need a nanny and then the DM (followed by the Telegraph) will say that they have gone back on what they had said about bringing up their children "normally" without a nanny. As the majority of working mums in the Uk use nannies/au pair or child minders - that's a joke.

EDIT: Other papers will pick up on the story as well. If there is one thing about reporting that I would like is that they have to name their source - even if it is another paper. A give away is the suual "it has been reported" - that's another newspaper but they are never specific.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The DM and the Telegraph have printed this story - the same story because they feed stories between each other.

Catherine and William do not talk to anyone about their personal lives - except perhaps their parents. This story, in my opinion, has been made up. Its like setting a trap *rather like the incident with CP Mary). The Cambridges will undoubtedly need a nanny and then the DM (followed by the Telegraph) will say that they have gone back on what they had said about bringing up their children "normally" without a nanny. As the majority of working mums in the Uk use nannies/au pair or child minders - that's a joke.

EDIT: Other papers will pick up on the story as well. If there is one thing about reporting that I would like is that they have to name their source - even if it is another paper. A give away is the suual "it has been reported" - that's another newspaper but they are never specific.
This was well stated - and I agree completely. If anyone ever meets a "normal" child these days, please let me know. Thank heaven, they and we are all unique!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Why are some people acting like they have never hold their friend items (wallet, keys, etc) in their purse for their friend? I have when I was carrying a bigger purse than my friends and we were going to the same events
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I can imagine them being brilliant grandparents. I'm sure we'll see lots of cute pictures after the baby is born!
I'm in agreement here. The Duchess of Cornwall is excellent with children, and the Prince isn't far behind. The baby will be very, very loved.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM

The royal family seems to be doing a fairly first rate job of raising children, despite the difficulties of being in the public eye.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The Hospital is getting fried in the press for not provinding counseling to the family of the nurse that died. Can some explain for those of us not covered by the NHS...

There are articles in the press about how the family of the nurse who died had not received an offer of counseling from the hospital.

Here in the US, counseling would be covered under our healthcare plan offered by our employer (if our employer offered one). Additionally most US employers have an additional service called an EAP (for Employee Assistance Program) that offers counseling for all the things employees run into in their lives. They can call the EAP and get limited help with everything from financial issues to a child having behavioral issues to depression. If the employer offers mental health care (and most that offer insurance do) and the issue needs more attention, the EAP can refer to providers.

In addition, many employers will offer special employee counseling (usually sourced through the EAP or the healthcare plan) for special workplace issues - a fire, a death at work, whatever. It's offered as a one off and is discretionary but deductible for tax purposes. Technically - it is for employees, but in special circumstances they will field relative calls and sort them out and refer to care givers. It also has significant PR value.

From a NHS coverage and business perspective - what is the prevailing practice for counseling in the UK when there is a work related death? Is the family usually counseled by employer provided services and if so is that through NHS - or is it an additional offering and what is customary for a significant employer?

Often as not here in the US, a family of an injured employee wants the employer to be hands off and prefers to make their own decisions about counseling. Of course, they want the tab to be picked up - but they often do not trust counselors offered by employers in these cases.

How is it different in the UK and with NHS?
Well, I am in the U.S. and we don't offer counseling to families of deceased employees. I just help them to fill out life insurance paperwork since I am the benefits person.

About 20 years ago I worked for a different college, and a coworker was murdered. They did bring in some counselors for us, but not the family. Where I am, at least, even EAP is only offered to employees, not their families.

So it surprises me that anyone expects the hospital to offer counseling to the family.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Gentry

Grief counseling is part of the employee's life insurance policy for the surviving family members...
Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Every morning I wake up there's a story about Kate's illness and morning sickness. I'm getting really annoyed hearing about these stories. I'm happy for the couple but I don't know if I can handle another 7 or 8 months of continuous baby talk and talks of morning sickness! I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is all becoming too much.

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william