The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had HG back in 1950's and it lasted the entire pregnancy. All 4 of them. When I delivered the first time, I was given drop ether for pain control, and still wanted food immediately after. Nothing tasted as good as that toast and butter. It was 3 am and I couldn"t wait for a proper breakfast. It is a wonder I ever had a second child, but this was before birth contol pills.

I had HG and I was sick until the end of both my pregnancies. Now I have two young daughters: the eldest is nearly 3 and my baby is just 1 year old. With the first I one become severely dehydrated and I was admitted to hospital. As you see I gave birth in the 2010s and I felt the same. Sometimes the medication prescribed doens't work.

Despite being told I'd be feeling better after the 1st trimester I suffered until I gave birth so I'm really happy that Kate's feeling better and she can enjoy her pregnancy and back to work.

Why does it seem unrealistic those candles might be helping Kate? There is such a thing as Aromatherapy and I know certain smells certainly have helped me over the years when I've been sick.

Not sure why some would wonder about that.

:previous: Pregnant women often have aversion to strong smells.

:previous:

I was SOOOOO excited clicking on that article, all I could think of was Finally! Its Royal Highness The Bump. God Save The Bump

But is was a tease! A cruel tease! :ohmy:

I too was fooled. :lol:

Kate will be almost 5 months when she goes to her engagement in a few weeks, so we may see one then.

That's because the media don't have boundries and don't have respect for people privacy. I'm assuming we're all adults here and know how babies are made but I think it's very inappropriate for the DM to even print something like that.

However, in this article is yet another piece about trying to work out when the baby was conceived. That is sooo wrong!

Why is it any more unseemly than talking about seeing the "bump" and working out when it is likely to be born? Working out when it is likely to be born necessarily involves consideration of when the sperm met the ovum. This whole thread is founded on that occurrence.

Last edited:
Why is it any more unseemly than talking about seeing the "bump" and working out when it is likely to be born? Working out when it is likely to be born necessarily involves consideration of when the sperm met the ovum. This whole thread is founded on that occurrence.

Thank you! A quick maths calculation can pretty much sort it out for you. People on this forum have speculated the release of ultrasound pictures which I find more revolting.

Conception v. a known and announced pregnancy are two different things.

Note: I am strictly and only speaking for myself. That is all. This is my opinion, not judgment on others.

Last edited:
I haven't speculated on anything - an announcement was made, and I thought that was good; I would not wish to know about conception (so private); know about ultrasound and actual "bump watch". I'm just happy for the couple. Sometimes royal watching goes too far and this is one of them.

On a happier note, referring to my original post #939, it is good of the couple to send out thank you cards to well wishers.

I meant in regard to this specific thread. The title of the thread tells us she is already pregnant, so why should anyone care about the conception, it is a foregone and extremely private conclusion. That is what I meant, I should have been more specific.

I'm not really bothered where baby is conceived nor is it really any of our business to know. However an approximate guess can be made looking at dates. Im not very fond of ultra sound scans anyway. I can never tell what is what lol
Im happy for everything see to be a surprise until baby is born. I am hoping baby is a girl though. A future Queen would be something very special since the law change in succession.

Twins would also be exciting!

There's a clear difference between speculating as to the precise date when two people had unprotected sex and remarking that Kate is starting to show. The latter is something that was clear for all to see the other day, while the former is none of our business.

There's a clear difference between speculating as to the precise date when two people had unprotected sex and remarking that Kate is starting to show. The latter is something that was clear for all to see the other day, while the former is none of our business.

Thank you, you worded it far better than I did in my post:flowers:

But why? Members of this forum seem happy to discuss the consequences. People seem to consider it quite OK to track every development of the woman's pregnancy and talk about the changing shape of her body. The pregnancy started the moment the zygote was formed. Why is it so wrong to consider when that happened?

There's nothing shameful about sex. Every one of us is here because our parents had sex. It's a perfectly natural function, and essential for women to get pregnant. Many people actually enjoy it.

The only point I was attempting to make is that the title of this particular thread refers only to the fact that she is already pregnant. That is what I wish to address. For me only personally, I believe anything else is off topic. I have no problem discussing sex if someone wants to start a thread about that particular subject - um, I think. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone wishes to speculate when they couple conceived it would be a good idea to consider whether or not the child was conceived via IVF - as has been rumoured in various tabloids etc given that they said they wanted to start a family after their tour to the Far East and seem to have been able to conceive immediately.

Personally I don't care how they did it - or when - or where.

I hope for a boy as there as so many future Queens in Europe at the moment with only Christian as a child heir it would be nice to see another boy for him to talk to as a mate.

I know people here think that the British royals don't care much about the Europeans or know much about them but I think they see way more of each other than people realise.

Well, we truly have run out of things to talk about in this thread! :eek:

When the baby is born, we will have a fairly good idea of when it was conceived. Although about four months ago did anyone else notice that evening when the heavens opened up and the seraphim and cherubim sang for about 5 minutes? No? To quick to notice? :eek:

I have jokingly wondered when the baby moved into Kate's belly. But I do see the big difference between looking at Kate's bump and wondering publicly when the baby was conceived. There is a reason no one walks up to a pregnant woman and ask "so what day and time did u get pregnant? Perhaps because a pregnancy is visible we feel it is ok to look at a belly, ask when she's due and if she accepts, to touch the belly.
But sex is a private matter even among adults.

In my opinion it's just as rude to walk up to a pregnant woman who is a stranger to you and strike up a conversation about her pregnancy and ask intrusive questions like when is it due to be born as it would be to ask her when it was conceived. And it's even more rude to ask if you can touch her swollen abdomen. It's no more anyone's business when the child is to be born than when it was conceived.

Pregnancy is a continuum beginning at the moment of conception and ending with birth. All of it is personal and private to the couple concerned, IMO, and particularly the woman, but society has made pregnant women public property. People are interested in them not because of any particular personal achievement or quality, but merely because they are pregnant. And poor Kate has tens of thousands of people around the world watching her body change and speculating about the child's gender and when and where it will be born.

All of this reminds me of one of the very few jokes that I've ever been able to remember. A little girl who loves water melon is taken to task by her mother for eating the seeds, and eating them whole. She tells her that if she keeps it up she runs the risk that a water melon will grow inside her. Not long after the conversation she's on a bus with her mother and sees a heavily pregnant woman on board. The little girl points at the woman and says, in a very loud voice, "I know what you've been doing". :ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not speculate about conception, baby showers, etc.

I just see the postcard that the duke and duchess is sending to said thanks for the congratulections about the baby, It's really loverly

Bump is no more. Goodbye thread!

The only thing interesting about the conception date was the amazing fact that a woman can be violently ill almost as soon as she conceives. Within a week or two or three.
Takes away privacy when the ill woman is a duchess. Can't "hold off" on the announcing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom