The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Courtier

They will have a nanny. With more Royal Duties in the future they need as much help as they can get.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I admit I read the Daily Mail. I read it with it a jaundiced eye - and put it all through a "DM filter." I do love the photos they post and give them lots of credit for that.

Today's piece was one of the most outrageous examples of "journalism" I have ever seen. I learned so many things - like Kate has no close friends. (And yes that is dripping sarcasm on that statement).

Read it for a good laugh.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Oh I just wish they would tell us how many weeks Kate is! My Guess is she is now over 10 week.
I think she's around 10 weeks too
Old 12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I admit I read the Daily Mail. I read it with it a jaundiced eye - and put it all through a "DM filter." I do love the photos they post and give them lots of credit for that.

Today's piece was one of the most outrageous examples of "journalism" I have ever seen. I learned so many things - like Kate has no close friends. (And yes that is dripping sarcasm on that statement).

Read it for a good laugh.
I tried to read it but gave up.

My question is, if Catherine has no friends then who are the insiders giving this info to Nicholls and how come Catherine also managed to attend a friends wedding.

Stupid stupid woman.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

My question is, if Catherine has no friends then who are the insiders giving this info to Nicholls and how come Catherine also managed to attend a friends wedding.

Stupid stupid woman.
Yes - too many "inconsistencies" to count. Perhaps they will call nick name the baby "Sprout."
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Stupid stupid woman.
My favorite part was the line about how Kate has no close women friends... right next to the list of five women that make up her close inner circle.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently she took another turn for the worse last night
Kate Middleton pregnant: Prince William cancels public appearance after Kate suffers recurrence of acute morning sickness illness - Mirror Online

Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail ...fortunately she doesn't require further hospital treatment as yet but Prince William has cancelled his engagement today to stay with her

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The prince will also have to decide whether to return to work in North Wales later this week without her.....
Old 12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I hope all goes well for her.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I would think this is something that can be managed from home with IVs. Though she is carrying the future monarch so she may receive special medical treatment that the average person would not. I'm not complaining, just making an observation as if it were me, I would want to be at home for something like this than in the hospital.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Nobility

I appreciate those of you give us updates through twitter. I would hate to have to read through all the reporter's twitter accounts myself.

I am sorry it's recurred for her. Glad William can be by her side.

Not saying the exact weeks... perhaps they don't know yet. It's only really until the 12th-ish week sonogram that they can be more sure. But even with measurements those things can be wrong
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Commoner

I empathize tremendously with the Duchess. With my younger daughter I didn't find any relief until actually giving birth to her.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Nobility

I'm sad to hear that poor Kate is still feeling ill, though that seems to be the way things go with HG, especially in the first few weeks. I'm glad that William is able to be with her, and I hope they're able to treat her at home to the extent that it's possible.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Bensgal, I really feel for those who had HG during all the months of their pregnancy.

The stories linked today say that the Duchess does not yet require hospitalization for IV. I hope they have IV's at home for her, which is often done. If they have not, I am absolutely puzzled as to what their thinking about HG is. It will go on until it stops and it will require treatment. I didn't get IV's at home, but was twice in the hospital on IV.
However, I was so sick at home that I could do nothing. No housework. This made my husband irritated because he thought I was malingering. His father also thought so. I had no allies, but I was committed to hanging on to the pregnancy, which I thought was at risk, as I had earlier had a miscarriage. So I refused to do anything that I didn't feel I could accomplish without the stress of going beyond my strength. Probably the pregnancy was NOT at risk, I just feared this--the baby was getting nourishment from what small amount of fat I had left. Then I eventually found at about 3 months that I could eat oranges and eggs and hold them down. Most things I usually ate I could not eat, but I found these two things.

Nevertheless, the illness did finally abate rather quickly, as fast as it appeared. This gave me the strength to take a vacation with my parents who did not criticize my every move. And so forth until the divorce. All because of ignorance.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Courtier

When I had HG it lasted until delivery. Lets all say a prayer the Catherine's doesn't last that long.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Did Royal guards let down Prince William and Princess Kate? | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Nobility

I must say, this has been very educational. I had never heard of HG. My heart goes out to the Duchess and all of you who have suffered from it.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very interesting. What Ken Wharfe and Princess Margaret's former aide say accords with what I would have expected to be the protocol. Lots of questions arise.

As for Kate's health, I feel extremely sorry for her. One of my sisters-in-law was sick as a dog all day throughout the entirety of both her pregnancies. She couldn't keep anything down a lot of the time. It's a wonder to me that she could go through that a second time.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

If I was a royal I would never hire a nanny insted I will ask someone in my family to stay with my soon, I would never trust Him or her to anyone else....never....
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
If I was a royal I would never hire a nanny insted I will ask someone in my family to stay with my soon, I would never trust Him or her to anyone else....never....
A family member is alright for short periods, but nannies often live with the child in their house and are with them all the time, even when their parents go on holiday. The only example we really have recently is Edward and Sophie's nanny. They have had the same nanny for both their children, but she is with them anytime they have the children out. She lives with them and cares for the children when Edward and Sophie are doing engagements, or if they are abroad. She is even there at Christmas, as she was with them for a Boxing Day football match when Louise was a baby. She was also with them on the photos of the family on holiday in Italy and Portugal.

You cannot expect a family member to be that committed. They have their own life, a nanny's life is the children they care for. It's what they sign up for when they become a royal nanny.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Nobility

Indeed, I think for practical purposes, a nanny will be necessary. It's no big deal. Royals and non-royals have been using nannies to care for their children since time immemorial.

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william