The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
The call sounds very unreal to me. I'm surprised the nurse didn't detect it wasn't the queen as she said "go Wake the corgis" :)
Even when she says her first sentence, I just don't think the queen will speak that way. Secondly, the call may even get passed on to the nurse by an assistant of the queen rather than by her straight off to avoid this sort of situation. The queen will surely have the number of the director of the hospital should she wish to know about Kate and I guess so will all the royal family.

With that being said, the information released is nothing catastrophic or dangerous. The nurse just said she was sleeping and doing ok. It doesn't sound tragic to me at all. There can be no harm caused by releasing such info. I bet Kate's room is closely guarded by the appropriate security so intrusion in any other manner is probably close to impossible.

People have created a mountain out of this.
Directors of hospitals do not know the minute to minute status of a patient - and most family members would call the nurse for information. Typically, each patient has a list of approved members to talk to. I suspect that HM is on the list.

People lied to the nurse. The nurse finally figured it out. The speed at which people detect lying is often related to how often they encounter it. Nurses don't encounter it all that often, especially within their own workgroups.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The level of media coverage of this pregnancy has been absolutely bonkers. I thought it would be high for the wedding and then tale off. Unfortunately for Kate and William it hasn't really done so and in all likelihood will probably just get worse with each passing month.

I do hope that William can make some sort of deal with the press to protect Kate's privacy through the pregnancy. I read somewhere that the Queen had her Private Secretary call all the newspaper editors personally, at William's request, to warn them that any invasions of privacy during the pregnancy would see the RF's lawyers suing them all. They have been warned, now we just wait and see what happens.
I must say I saw the pictures in the neswcom.com and i was impress but the media,press photographers all around the hospital, I hope she didn't go to thewindow and see all that! it is a kind of scare situaion !As much as we all are happy with the news, poor girl she is feeling terrible sick and no media should to rey to get to her at this point, hope they respect her privacy.
She looks very nice hear done and even some make up, I am sure she didn't feel to do all this but duty call i guess.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Directors of hospitals do not know the minute to minute status of a patient - and most family members would call the nurse for information. Typically, each patient has a list of approved members to talk to. I suspect that HM is on the list.

People lied to the nurse. The nurse finally figured it out. The speed at which people detect lying is often related to how often they encounter it. Nurses don't encounter it all that often, especially within their own workgroups.
It all sounded like a right royal funny prank to me!!

The tape of the impersonators is completely unlike any royal accent I've ever heard.

It was a refreshing, non malicious joke. I hope it helped Catherine and William feel relieved and a little healthier after a good old chuckle.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I must say I saw the pictures in the neswcom.com and i was impress but the media,press photographers all around the hospital, I hope she didn't go to thewindow and see all that! it is a kind of scare situaion !eel to do all this but duty call i guess.
It would be for you or I, but they're a daily fact of Kate's life now and have been for the last ten years. It's been said in the past that she barely notices the cameras at this point. She's a pro, and her appearance this morning where she must have been feeling like hell but still managed a genuine smile- it's just impressive.

I'm inclined to believe that Richard Palmer got it exactly right and that Kate is one tough cookie. I hope she gets left alone as much as possible, but I have a feeling she'll be able to handle it even when the media attention gets crazy.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Catherine is the one that sent out Bacon Buddies to the press outside the hospital?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
You haven't added a single thing the nurse said beyond what I've heard. Sleeping is not a medical condition. Prince William is not the patient. She says "doing well," not "how Kate is feeling." THAT was in the hospital's own press release.

The nurse merely repeated non-medical and public knowledge, according to your post.
I never said sleeping was a medical condition. Your initial post said that the nurse was "virtually silent" the moment the Queen and PC started interacting. I was just pointing out that the nurse was not quiet after the PC impersonator started talking to the Queen. She continued to talk and give out information (be it personal or not) the entire time.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post

The tape of the impersonators is completely unlike any royal accent I've ever heard.

It was a refreshing, non malicious joke. I hope it helped Catherine and William feel relieved and a little healthier after a good old chuckle.
How old are you? Four? How anyone could even think this was funny boggles my mind. Unless you have the maturity of a child.

I also think the last thing the Cambridges have been doing is having a chuckle about it happening.

Grow up!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post

When someone could possibly lose their job, it is hardly a non malicious joke. Refreshing?...really? C'mon.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the Cambridges are focusing on the fake call anymore. I think they are letting the hospital deal with that. I'm sure everyone has apologized and everyone is moving on. Charles joked about it today.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Gentry

I like that! I love his sense of humor. I can believe he's thrilled about impending grandfatherhood.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Serene Highness

Considering the station is bragging about this disgusting act the way it is, AFAIC that apology's nothing more than doing what needs doing to avoid legal action. Nothing more, nothing less and it's pretty obvious they're actually proud of it.

Which is beyond sad IMO.

Telegraph ~ Australian media watchdog receives complaints about hoax call to Duchess of Cambridge's hospital

And for those who can't seem to figure out why this isn't a funny joke...From Australian Radio Industry's own Code of Conduct...

Quote:
The radio industry's own code of practice has a privacy clause, noting: "In the preparation and presentation of current affairs programs a licensee must ensure it does not use material relating to a person's personal or private affairs, or which invades an individual's privacy, unless there is a public interest in broadcasting such information."
For that alone, these two should be fired and I'm so sick of the, "But we/they never thought they'd get that far w/it" nonsense. Really? Then why did they dial the number in the first place.

I forgot...Because it's so hilarious to try and harass a sick pregnant woman.

Yeah. Real funny.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Glad she's going home. Why does he not have his arm around her in at least one photo? I guess only he knows.
Not sure about this instance but I had a friend who had the same issue in her pregnancy and she couldn't stand to have anyone touch her in case they would jostle her and make her nauseous all over again.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Courtier

I thought Catherine looked lovely, but I did think she was walking very C.A.R.E.F.U.L.L.Y.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
How old are you? Four? How anyone could even think this was funny boggles my mind. Unless you have the maturity of a child.

I also think the last thing the Cambridges have been doing is having a chuckle about it happening.

Grow up!!
I have to agree. They certainly have their privacy invaded more than enough as it is, and harassing busy nurses and very sick pregnant princesses (or non-princesses) is juvenile at best.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Commoner

Yippee!!!

It's exciting news. I am happy for the royal couple. I pray Kate has a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy. We are looking forward to her safe delivery as well. Yay!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Duchess of Cambridge 'will give birth to a girl' who will grow to 5ft 10ins, studies suggest - Telegraph#
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

A Royal Baby: five reasons to rejoice and pray! | Christian News on Christian Today
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

Such speculation is amusing but far-fetched; Someone said yesterday that the baby would be a boy because both Kate and William were wearing blue when they left the hospital!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Such speculation is amusing but far-fetched; Someone said yesterday that the baby would be a boy because both Kate and William were wearing blue when they left the hospital!
it doesn't make sense because they don't know the baby's gender. I bet it's a girl

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william