The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM

Duchess of Cambridge 'will give birth to a girl' who will grow to 5ft 10ins, studies suggest - Telegraph

Of course the baby will grow to be tall - he/she has tall parents!

I have a feeling this will be a girl, which is fine...but poor Prince Christian! :)

Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
I feel really bad for the nurse who give out the information. I am sure he or she was well aware that one does not give out confidential information, but under pressure and the panic of it all, and with the person stating they were the Queen, he or she fell for it. I am sure they now feel incredibly guilty!
From th info I've read, I think the more serious issue is security with TRHs, not patient confidentiality. Did I read correctly that the nurse didn't divulge medical info but did mention things like when Prince William left the hospital?

What a stupid joke! In the US, it's illegal to do these kinds of calls, so the "prank calls" you hear on the air are staged because it's illegal to put anyone on the air without their permission.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Very bad joke from the Australian station. I just hope the nurse will not be blamed for it.
We differ in our opinion regarding this, then. When you are in hospital you are at the mercy of those who work there. Details of your condition should not be released to ANYONE not even your grandmother in law even if she happens to be the queen. This is elementary. The nurse needs to find a profession where she has no access to information about anyone's condition (famous or not) IMO.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Courtier

This is why, as a nurse, I hate answering the phones!. You don't always have time to go to the chart and see if the patient signed a release to allow information to be given over the phone, and when I basically say "they're fine right now" or "they're having a good day" (because that's all I feel comfortable saying - you could be anyone on the other end, how do I know you are who you say you are?!?) people still keep fishing for info!. Even when you say, "sorry, I can't give you that information" and suggest they call a family member to get information, people get mad!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Majesty

I don't know, I'm somehow thinking maybe The Queen or The Prince of Wales have called before or something. Then again I'm think they would call her room personally or be in contact with William for updates.

I don't know, it was a very dumb prank and thank God no major info was released.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Majesty

It's true those nurses work long hours and they try to take everything as seriously as possible. I don't think they were expecting a prank call. They probably felt embarassed that something like this happened and apologized to TRH for the incident and will be even more cautious . Of course leave it up to the press to blow this up.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Majesty

As royal commentator, Victoria Arbiter has said about the press-
Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
It's going to 8 months of silly stories I'm afraid. Anything they can possibly write about they will!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

This is a private hospital and one would expect a better quality of service and care than you will get with the NHS.
I can't think of any defence the nurse can give for giving out confidential information.
If I am in charge of this hospital, the nurse would be looking for a new job.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Well I'm sure the nurse and staff have apologized to the royal couple and to the palace.

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Pippa and James Middleton arrive at hospital to see #Kate
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

No doubt she did apologise but IMO, sorry doesn't cut it. Luckily this was just a prank call and not some nut case trying to get access to TRH.
I would fire the nurse on the spot but thats just me.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I heard the unedited recording of the prank and Kate's nurse gave them an update on her condition, and talked about how/what Kate had been doing for the last few hours.

I can't believe how really, really easy it was for them to pull off. The private nurse didn't even question if she was actually talking to Prince Charles and the Queen. I thought for sure she'd get the hint, when the "Queen" kept yelling at "Prince Charles" to take out the corgis.

The hospital definitely needs to do some review on their security.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see Pippa and James visiting their sister. No doubt her parents will arrive soon to visit. It's not a shock that the Queen wont visit, as she does not visit people in hospital, aside from Prince Philip of course! One exception was made to this when Sophie had Lady Louise. That was the first time she visited someone in hospital in a long time.

Turns out Sophie was standing in for Catherine today at the ICAP Charity Day. Edward was already going to it, but as Catherine couldn't go Sophie stepped up to the plate. Makes sense if Edward was going, but nice of Sophie.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Gordon Rayner‏@gordonrayner
Pippa and James Middleton are at hospital to visit Kate. Her parents visited her last night, but used a back entrance and weren't seen
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate Middleton pregnant: Hospital apologises for releasing personal details as William returns to see Kate - hellomagazine.com
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Nice to see Pippa and James visiting their sister. No doubt her parents will arrive soon to visit. It's not a shock that the Queen wont visit, as she does not visit people in hospital, aside from Prince Philip of course! One exception was made to this when Sophie had Lady Louise. That was the first time she visited someone in hospital in a long time.

Turns out Sophie was standing in for Catherine today at the ICAP Charity Day. Edward was already going to it, but as Catherine couldn't go Sophie stepped up to the plate. Makes sense if Edward was going, but nice of Sophie.
Well, if you check the royal engagements list on The British Monarchy website, Sophie was already schedueld to attend ICAP Charity Day before Catherine went into the hospital.

Yeah, The Queen rarely make hospital visits. There are times she go to visit after the baby is born though.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Video:
Pippa and James Middleton visit Duchess in hospital-
Royal - ITV News
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

I think Sophie is going to be a great support for Catherine during her pregnancy.
I get the impression they are close to begin with and hopefully Sophie can be one of the godparents
Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Am surprised at the responses dealing harshly with the nurse but describing the action of the radio station as a prank call, with the harmless connotation that goes along with that. It's either important to keep a person's medical info private or it's not. The nurse bears responsibility for giving the information out but so, too, do the idiots from the radio station who thought it would be a good idea to make the call in the first place.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

How long does the BRF wait to announce the name of the prince or princess? Do they wait as long as the DRF?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

I agree the radio station is at fault as well but the medical staff at the hospital are the 'last line of defence' and they must realise that all sorts of unsavoury people are trying to gain access to the Royal couple.
This is a private hospital that deals regularly with the BRF. I expect higher standards

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william