The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the station is bragging about this disgusting act the way it is, AFAIC that apology's nothing more than doing what needs doing to avoid legal action. Nothing more, nothing less and it's pretty obvious they're actually proud of it.

Which is beyond sad IMO.

Telegraph ~ Australian media watchdog receives complaints about hoax call to Duchess of Cambridge's hospital

And for those who can't seem to figure out why this isn't a funny joke...From Australian Radio Industry's own Code of Conduct...

The radio industry's own code of practice has a privacy clause, noting: "In the preparation and presentation of current affairs programs a licensee must ensure it does not use material relating to a person's personal or private affairs, or which invades an individual's privacy, unless there is a public interest in broadcasting such information."

For that alone, these two should be fired and I'm so sick of the, "But we/they never thought they'd get that far w/it" nonsense. Really? Then why did they dial the number in the first place.

I forgot...Because it's so hilarious to try and harass a sick pregnant woman.

Yeah. Real funny.

Glad she's going home. Why does he not have his arm around her in at least one photo? I guess only he knows.

Not sure about this instance but I had a friend who had the same issue in her pregnancy and she couldn't stand to have anyone touch her in case they would jostle her and make her nauseous all over again.

I thought Catherine looked lovely, but I did think she was walking very C.A.R.E.F.U.L.L.Y. :)

How old are you? Four? How anyone could even think this was funny boggles my mind. Unless you have the maturity of a child.

I also think the last thing the Cambridges have been doing is having a chuckle about it happening.

Grow up!!

I have to agree. They certainly have their privacy invaded more than enough as it is, and harassing busy nurses and very sick pregnant princesses (or non-princesses) is juvenile at best.

Yippee!!!

It's exciting news. I am happy for the royal couple. I pray Kate has a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy. We are looking forward to her safe delivery as well. Yay!

Such speculation is amusing but far-fetched; Someone said yesterday that the baby would be a boy because both Kate and William were wearing blue when they left the hospital! :lol:
it doesn't make sense because they don't know the baby's gender. I bet it's a girl:princess:

Such speculation is amusing but far-fetched; Someone said yesterday that the baby would be a boy because both Kate and William were wearing blue when they left the hospital! :lol:

I'm pretty sure the earliest you can find out gender with 100% accuracy is about 10 weeks. I found out I was having a daughter at 11 weeks.

Although, it would have been quite the sight if they did know it was a girl and they both came out wearing bright pink! I don't think I've ever seen William wear pink.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the earliest you can find out gender with 100% accuracy is about 10 weeks. I found out I was having a daughter at 11 weeks.

Although, it would have been quite the sight if they did know it was a girl and they both came out wearing bright pink! I don't think I've ever seen William wear pink.
with both my daughters I found out I was having girls at about 11/12 weeks too. But she's not 12 weeks even. And I'm sure if she discovered she was having a girl William won't be wearing pink :whistling: And what's the problem about wearing blue??? I wore blue during both my pregnancies and I have two adorable little girls! and they are very girly!!

I'm just glad The Duchess of Cambridge is getting better and The Prince of Wales went on to comfirm this again today on an official engagement.

It's so good to know there will be a little Cambridge running around Kensington Palace and the other royal residences.

I now wonder if Catherine will stay at Kensington Palace while William returns to work? or will she stay with her parents? I'm just thinking she will be near a hospital.

I am really not understanding the fuss around Kate's pregnancy, she's not the first royal woman to be pregnant. That's really hilarious that people are harassing her and the people around her like the nurse...
I was thinking the same about the fuss around her sister Pippa, I never understood why she got all that interest from people and medias, she's barely pretty, and only Kate's sister...

I don't want to be at Kate's place, she needs some rest and calm like any pergnant woman, what people got from a pregnant woman who went to hospital for morning sicknesses???, and went out back at home, an official announcement from the Clarence house would be enough to give informations about her, do the paparazis needed to know what she's eating, when she's going to toilets or what???, really stupid behaviour. Medias have to give her a rest.

Just learning that a prank radio call was made to The Queen in 1995. Someone called Buckingham Palace pretending to be the Canadian Prime Minister and The Queen stayed talking to this person for about 15 minutes.

I didn't think this recent prank call was funny and these radio station presenters have to take some responsibility for their actions. I'm not saying they killed the nurse but I do think they helped place a great deal of stress on this lady and the media didn't help the situation either. That call was played all over the media airwaves.

I don't think this incident has ruined the joyous news of the Cambridges baby. I just people need to calm down and give the royal couple some space. I just hope this wont add any stress to them because they just don't need it. No couple needs that kind of stress, especially when they are expecting.

Yes, in my own job I deal with confidential information about our employees and I am often yelled at for abiding by privacy laws -- the spouse of an employee will get angry if I won't discuss things, and the employee often doesn't see the point of the confidentiality either. Sometimes it is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. But I don't get written up in even the local press (so far!)
We don't know and may never know what was going on in the nurse's mind. We don't know how much of an impact the radio DJ's had on her. It's just a terrible tragedy, after a stupid so-called prank.

What happened here has gone beyond a prank. A prank doesn't usually result in someone dying or taking their own life but sometimes pranks can hurt other people. They are varying degrees of pranks.

A minor prank would be something like calling a pizza parlor, ordering a pizza and giving the wrong address or giving the address of someone who didn't order the pizza. The worst thing that happens is that the person(s) involved are annoyed but no one gets injured, harmed or dies as a result.

A more serious prank would be and this happened in the town where I live, kids calling 911 and saying that there is a fire. The fire department responds to the location and there is no fire. Most of the time no one is injured, harmed nor is anyone killed but there is a risk that an accident or some mishap could happen when the firetruck rushes to the scene. Also time and money has been wasted. In this case if the person is caught, they will be prosescuted.

The moral of the story is when you do things like what the Austrialian DJ's did, you never know what might happen or how far reaching the consequences might be. They probably never thought about their actions or how it might affect other people's lives, or what else could happen. I don't think anyone thought that someone would take their own life over this but you just never know. You can't always predict how someone is going to react to something.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and wait for the coroners inquest before passing judgement. First people dumped on the nurses and wanted them fired. Now after the suicide people are dumping on the dj's and wanting them fired, drawn and quartered. We now know the nurses themselves were not under suspension or discilpine from the hospital and no complaints had been filed against them or the hospital so her job was not in jeopardy. What we do not know is what else was going on in her life, her health, her financial situation, her marital situation or any other problems she might have had that could lead her to a suicide.
While I think such pranks are stupid, rushing to judgement accusing people of causing a death doesn't seem a wise thing to do and is likely a worse thing to do than the actual prank.

It shouldn't have taken this death for the DJs to be drawn and quartered. (I'm not going to get into the death). Look there's nothing funny about a young pregnant woman in the hospital. How is that funny how is it a joke?

I'm sure Katherine is taking every percaution and my mom thinks she had it. But that condition at times can be very dangerous for the mother and the baby. And so no not a laughing matter. I doubt that William and Kate too-even wanted to announce this pregnancy so early (poor things).

So you take a pregnant woman who is struggling right now and you violate her privacy in such a basic way.

The media needs to back off-now. IMO.

Somehow I feel sorry for Kate. People are freaking totally out. The next nine months will be a nightmare for her with all the silly talk, the rumour mill, people staring at the belly and a million unpleasant things more. With British royals the most famous of the world, its all a bit over the top just because somebody got pregnant.

I don't really see how they or anyone else could have expected anything less. It's what press, worldwide, do. Look at the wedding. Nothing will ever die down with these two until they're in their eighties.

I feel Catherine and Will are probably the nicest people where no one is left without regard and, or caring. They are always answering their many precedents and views in the World. For that I pay them my greatest, unfaltering respect. And since I was unaware of the news concerning the announcement until now, I feel jilted that I missed what happened in the first place. First I would prefer to contribute by blessing the Royals and congratulating the British upon sharing with the public the truth on the matter where we would be left clueless otherwise if denied by the firm. We now know finally their will be a grandchild and heir for the Wales. Thank God. Above all that is what I want to say. The creator has endowed the Kingdoms of the different lands with patronage of the people's hands. And it was or is, everlasting. And it being so, there is a marvel or mystique much about anything they do. So I praise them and give them credit so. There is a saying that it is hard being a king, but I don't wish them so. Nonetheless I find it interesting that sometimes I hear the best go through an unforgiving environment. Yet oh how beautiful and good they can make things so. Therefore I'm awestruck by their candor and perseverance and bravery. I love them and look at them with respect. Congratulations your majesties. You are miracles.

She was Indian? I wonder what the culture's views on suicide are. I never thought this woman should be fired for a simple mistake. This phone call happened just a few days ago so I do wonder how things escalated so fast that it lead to suicide. I really do wish she had thought of her children.
I also agree that there is nothing funny about a woman having to be hospitalized in the early stages of her pregnancy.

She wasn't fired and what has her ethnic background got to do with it?

Enough.

Let's stay on topic....conspiracy theories have NO place in this thread and as such they (and any responding posts) have been deleted.

Any and additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

If anyone has any questions, they should be directed towards a TRF moderator via Private Message.

Last edited:
It's true everyone should calm down over the pregnancy. It was like this when Diana was expecting in the 80's but it's just a bit worser with this modern technology. There were no Twitter in Diana's day or Facebook.

I really don't think the royal couple will get harassed by the media in the months to come and beyond because the media know they will be legal consequences. The Windsors won't be playing games with the media over this couple and child. This I know fore sure.

Then I guess I will now only talk about The Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy here.
I hope she continues to rest and only start carrying out official engagements when she's really okay to do so.

A very nice picture of the Mum & Dad to be:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I guess I will now only talk about The Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy here.

I hope she continues to rest and only start carrying out official engagements when she's really okay to do so.

No you can continue to discuss the pregnancy as well as the prank and the tragedy of the nurses suicide. And that is definitely what it is...whenever someone feels like the only option is death...that's a tragedy in my opinion.

But no conspiracy theories, etc.

Once a decision is made any and all posts will be moved to the appropriate thread.

The fact that this nurse killed herself is affecting me more than the announcement that Kate was pregnant. I truly cannot believe this and am so saddened by it. That poor woman; I can't help but wonder why she felt this was the course to take.
I am having violent thoughts to those gawd awful djs.

i agree, the pregnancy is already "stained" in my opinion. what should have been a nice ocassion is a matter of tragery and sadness for the lady who died, and i believe a huge source of worries to the royal family. i guess this doesn't help kate get better either.

As wonderful as the news of the Cambridge's upcoming blessed event is, we shouldn't be one bit surprised that the news media went out in full force to find out any tidbit of information about Kate's condition. Good does come out of it. For instance, I bet a lot of us here are more informed about Hyperemesis Gravidarum than we were previously. As severe of morning sickness I had with all 3 of my pregnancies and was on medication, I'd never heard of the medical terminology for it before. We all became wiser as I imagine many around the world have too.

Some of the twitters and press releases to me were just stupid. Pippa (or whomever) enters hospital to visit Kate. Pippa (or whomever) leaves hospital after visiting Kate. And so it went ad nauseum. We live in a society now that should one belch at lunch, its the belch heard around the world in minutes and for the next week. The prank call made by the Australian DJs was in very poor taste and I don't think they thought it through of just what they were doing. However, I don't believe that they had any malicious intent behind it. As with any action, there is a reaction and for the most part, unless we have a crystal ball, some consequences are just totally not expected. Perhaps its a lesson learned the hard way and this mistake will never be repeated again. We can only hope.

Jacintha Saldanha's suicide is a tragedy. We will perhaps never know what drove her to believe this was her best option. As her children watch William and Kate's child grow up and become King/Queen eventually, they will always associate this person with their mother's death and maybe even realize how badly the Royal Family felt and offered condolences on the passing of their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom