The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad she's going home. Why does he not have his arm around her in at least one photo? I guess only he knows.

Because a photo is taken in a very short time and I am sure we didn't see all the photos taken. And, as you can see in the video provided by Poolbabe, he did put her arm around her while walking down the stairs.

You ask the question which is unnecessary and you know it stirs the posters and then you act all surprised it did. It wouldn't be the first time.

I was speculating that she might be expecting twins because I thought I read somewhere before the wedding that twins run in her family. There was an article last week that discussed the problems that would arise if she was carrying twins and had to have a c-section. Who would make the decision on which one would be the future ruler? Lots of pressure.

The decision is pretty easy. Which ever baby is in front comes out first even in a C section.....although it will be fodder for conspiracy theorists if a boy comes out before a girl.

Sad that they're actually bragging about it. If the nurses there do the last round of the night the same time we do, it's would be terrible timing to get the call at 5:30 am.

As a nurse, 5:30 am gets busy. We are passing meds, emptying catheter bags, doing IV totals, taking vital signs, preparing report for the next shift, charting, repositioning patients, washing up any patients who need to be washed up and tying up any loose ends and ensuring everything is ready for the staff coming on duty. If someone called at 5:30am near the end of my 12h shift, I would not be quick to catch on that it was a prank. I would try to be as polite as possible, probably tell them something along the lines of what the nurse said - "an uneventful night" - and get back to doing my damn job which should not include screening calls because, quite frankly, I am there to nurse a patient back to health and have a ton of other things more important to deal with than take a phone call in the middle of doing rounds.

If you sign a release saying X can be told how you're doing and someone calls saying they're X, I'm not going to argue too much (because I'm damed if I do, and I'm damned if I don't). I'm basically going to tell them how the day/night went and if they had visitors or if you slept, not much more. If people are so concerned about their information, don't sign a release, give your family a direct phone number and tell them to call you or designate someone to field calls and don't call the unit!

Thanks for this dose of reality. I think especially if the queen had already called the ward previously for updates and was on the release list we need to think about how we would have responded. "Pardon me ma'am, you say you are the queen but you need to prove it to me." We will never know these details with certainty. I am sure the hospital may be adding a code word (or some other additional procedure) for the release of info to approved family and friends.

Thanks for this dose of reality. I think especially if the queen had already called the ward previously for updates and was on the release list we need to think about how we would have responded. "Pardon me ma'am, you say you are the queen but you need to prove it to me." We will never know these details with certainty. I am sure the hospital may be adding a code word (or some other additional procedure) for the release of info to approved family and friends.

If I were to describe how the Queen would phone the hospital, it would be that the phone rings... operator picks it up and hears "This is Christopher Geidt (her private secretary) at Buckingham Palace and The Queen would like to inquire into the health of her granddaughter in-law, The Duchess of Cambridge." He would remain on the line until the person the Queen wishes to speaks to is available and then he would announce to the Queen the call is ready.

I would imagine too that HM could easily call William and/or Kate on their cellphones and bypass the hospital switchboard entirely.

No... he said Daughter in law... but he still seemed quite thrilled. that joke about the radio station was awesome though!

Because they only stopped for about 5 seconds and then got into their car. William has spent all day every day with Kate during her hospital stay, I don't think he needs to prove his love or concern for his wife any further.

I wonder how long it'll be for the usual suspects to inevitably complain that Kate didn't put her hair up for leaving the hospital?

Well said EIIR , thank you.

Glad she's going home. Why does he not have his arm around her in at least one photo? I guess only he knows.

Perhaps because they were not posing for pictures, but were merely on their way to the waiting Jag.

Perhaps we could fast forward to the usual incantation from some about the relationship being in trouble, there being a lack of "connect" between the couple. New suggestion: Perhaps Wills (like Charles) is unhappy as he will no longer be the focus of the world.

I'm happy to see Kate's been released from hospital. Let's hope she gets the rest she needs at home, and I'm also hoping the media will power down compared to where they've been the last couple of days and give the couple a little peace and quiet.

As an aside, Kate looked lovely leaving the hospital today. IMO the little bit of extra weight around her face is extremely flattering and makes her look about five years younger.

I noticed her face was fuller too. It does indeed make her look younger... Reminds me of the first few years they were together.

I noticed her face was fuller too. It does indeed make her look younger... Reminds me of the first few years they were together.

I agree... it makes her look softer. I thought she looked extremely beautiful today, in spite of the fact that she's been sick all week. I noticed her face looking fuller at her engagements last week too, and admired how much it suits her.

The problem is that the Queen (or anyone close to Kate) wouldn't have called the main line. The Chief executive of the hospital said that they have very clear policies on dealing with callers, but it didn't work this time. He also stated that high profile patients have a secure line, and that number is given to their family or friends.

Thanks for the link! He seems truly delighted :)
Very happy for the whole family!
You're welcome! Yes, he definitely sounds really happy.

Last edited:
Despite having ill health, this is the best she's looked in years. A fuller face makes her much more beautiful.

Hope that she will have no more terrible nausea and that her pregnancy will be easier from now on.

Well, it's good old-fashioned British stiff upper lip - no need for overt displays of unwarranted affection when confronted with the cameras or out in public....we got a kiss at the wedding and that was quite enough of that and should do very nicely to be getting on with LOL!!

Actually, I think they both look absolutely lovely! There's a wonderful glow about them....combined with a good dose of relief!

I just wanted to add that the nurse did give out confidential information - the radio station had a lawyer vet the call afterwards and they censored out parts of it, so I think there were some privacy rules violated. The stuff that they posted on their website, or that various articles have transcribed, is all after it had been censored.

Thought Kate looked great as she left the hospital.

Congratulations to the British Royal Family! a baby is always a delighted blessing.Apart from a beloved offspring,this baby will be the new heir to the throne after his/her grandfather and father..another baby to perpetuate the line!

The Duchess of Cambridge looked a bit tired but glowing!

I'm so happy to see that Catherine's been discharged from the hospital! She looked absolutely beautiful today and here's hoping to no more hospital visits of this nature in the future.

I love the video of Prince Charles's reaction. He looks very excited, indeed. And always ready for a good joke. Love it.

Catherine looks so beautiful and glowing, im so happy shes discharged and ready to rest at home^^

the only sad thing is that we probably wont see her around that often, and we'll probably see her until the actual birth. however i wish her full recovery and a full pregnancy without problems.

Glad to see her! She looks so happy and radiant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom