The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Gentry

That cot is not doing it for me. Babies should have something visually interesting and open to look at, not the underside of a canopy.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Right, but she had a title of princess. I just mean that it is possible. The Duchess of York gave birth to QE2, but the possibility of her become Queen, until about the age of 9, was pretty unlikely. Edward would marry and have children, and that is what was believed. He definately loved women, so why would he not?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge is a Princess by marriage. Just like Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Queen Mother and so forth.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

If I had a dollar for every time the Daily Mail mentioned the Middletons live in a £4.85million home, I'd be a wealthy man!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?
Mary was a princess of Teck, but she was never a Princess of the UK in her own right, only by marriage the same as Catherine. Absolutely no reason to make Catherine a Princess of the UK either.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry apparently sent a message to Kate according to this article
Kate ‘feeling better’ as Prince William spends six hours at her bedside | The Sun |News
Royal couple Kate and William will escape limelight | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Commoner

I hope Kate feels better. I suffered from Hyperemesis Gravidarum for my pregnancy. While I think most here are supportive of Kate, on some news sites they really are getting on her for only having "morning sickness." I hate that here in America they haven't discussed how serious her condition is. I lost over 25 pounds when pregnant. I was sick every day all day. i had to take medication that they give to cancer patients on chemo to keep from throwing up. But cancer patients only had to take it 3 times a month. I took it 3 times a day!! INsurance was giving me grief, my family was, work was. I never felt so alone! Then I couldn't push my child out at the birth b/c I was so weak, so he was extracted. My son was small but healthy. I ended up with bad teeth from all the vomitting. Plus, my marriage was under stress. It has taken me 6 years to work up the courage to try and get pregnant again. I don't write this for sympathy for myself, but for sympathy for Kate. It is an awful thing to have happen. I hope that people rally around her. It is not normal morning sickness!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?
Well, Elizabeth, Duchess of York, was not a princess when she delivered the current queen. She was Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon prior to her marriage to Prince Albert Frederick Arthur George (aka Bertie), Duke of York. Her father was the Earl of Strathmore.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Erika, I DID lose my first marriage due to Hyperemisis Gravidus. My in-laws said i was sick because I didn't want the baby. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed.
I went to live with my parents; the doctor there, in Seattle, said that was a bunch of poppycock! People do not realize this is far more sincere than morning sickness.

Kate will go home, probably, and get sick again as soon as she tried to eat. But she may have periods when she can eat certain foods which she has to discern on her own, as there are no rules here as to what one can keep down. I kept down only eggs and oranges--far different from the recommended "crackers". I do hope she recovers quickly and gains back some weight. When anyone says that eating small meals or eating crackers in the morning will fix this--I have to laugh! That will only fix ordinary morning sickness.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Right, but she had a title of princess. I just mean that it is possible. The Duchess of York gave birth to QE2, but the possibility of her become Queen, until about the age of 9, was pretty unlikely. Edward would marry and have children, and that is what was believed. He definately loved women, so why would he not?
Catherine is a princess legally. Legally, she shares all of her husband's titles, and therefore is also Princess William of Wales, she's just not known that way.

You should spend some time in the threads that deal with this issue specifically.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

I hope Kate does not take any anti-nausea pills, unless they have better ones than when I was pregnant 50 years ago. Not long before I was pregnant, Thalidomide was a drug used for morning sickness, and it caused children to be born with deformed limbs. By the time I was pregnant, Thalidomide was not used much, but there was another one that was also harmful that had arrived. I knew I could not keep it down, so didn't bother trying. Every pill they gave me came up. Today possibly they have better anti-nausea pills. If by any remote chance the baby has porphyria (it runs in the royal family, although probably much less predominant now) some of these drugs would be a disaster for the baby. I expect the princess' doctor knows about these things as I have read that all royal children are tested for porphyria now, just in case, so they can avoid unsafe drugs, a few unsafe foods, and many unsafe environmental chemicals. I pray for the baby to have NO drugs not necessary. Prince Charles supports homeopathy, probably knowing the possibilities. This baby will have a good start in life whatever its "genes", due to being born in good circumstances with knowledge. Knowledge is power.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Commoner

When I first heard that Kate had HG, my first thought was "uh-oh, how taxing it must be for both of them."
It's debilitating not only physically but also emotionally as well -- with all the press watching everything, it can take a lot of toll. HG can have other negative consequences such as:

1) health risk for both mother and child

2) some people do not believe in HG (no doubt Kate will be met with naysayers who are basically under the assumption that it's a 'mind over matter' situation. even worse, there will be those who will accuse her of overreacting or even faking her condition in order to get attention -- this is one common response HG sufferers get from friends and families)

3) strain on the relationship between husband and wife (I have heard from other HG women how their pregnancies had a very bad impact on their marriage. Husbands are often required to be both physical, mental, and emotional support for their wives. I know I couldn't do anything without my husband - he made food, washed me, did all the household chores, and took care of our two dogs all on his own while working on his doctorate. This results in stress for both man and wife and if it isn't handled properly, HG can lead to serious resentment or even divorce. I really do hope William will be patient, gentle, and supporting throughout Kate's HG)

4) disrupted family plan (it is not uncommon for people to have only one child nowadays, but as a royal Kate might be under pressure to have at least two. Depending on the severity of the HG and how long it lasts, she might be very hesitant to have a second one. while most of us are free to make our choice about the matter for ourselves, Kate might not.)

Depending on how it works out, HG might bring Will and Kate closer, and will be the first big test on how strong their relationship actually is. It's a real team effort, so both need their family and friends more than ever.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Gentry

Thy have my best wishes for strength in unity. They are fortunate to be able to get help for daily tasks if needed - they won't have to worry about the financial impact of this illness. But their relationship strain is heightened by public scrutiny. So here's to them leaning on each other for emotional support and coming out stronger for it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone else notice how the tabloids are playing up the 'Kate is in danger' angle?
Doctors are stating that although its very uncomfortable and miserable, her condition isn't a danger to her child or herself.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Well the press have never been known to let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

I never had much morning sickness....It helped to eat something before I did anything. But obviously Duchess Kate has it much worse.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Does anyone else notice how the tabloids are playing up the 'Kate is in danger' angle?
Doctors are stating that although its very uncomfortable and miserable, her condition isn't a danger to her child or herself.
Just an excuse to add drama. I mean, she's really not far along and at this early stage anything can happen, but why let the fact that the released statement says she's getting better and that the Drs say her condition isn't a danger to her and Baby Cambridge get in the way?!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I can already imagine the conspiracy theorists if she were to have boy & girl twins with the boy born first. They will claim it was done on purpose to remove the boy baby first to insure male succession and probably say Charles was behind the plot. Some people love to live in a world of delusion.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
I hope Kate does not take any anti-nausea pills, unless they have better ones than when I was pregnant 50 years ago. Not long before I was pregnant, Thalidomide was a drug used for morning sickness, and it caused children to be born with deformed limbs. By the time I was pregnant, Thalidomide was not used much, but there was another one that was also harmful that had arrived. I knew I could not keep it down, so didn't bother trying. Every pill they gave me came up. Today possibly they have better anti-nausea pills. If by any remote chance the baby has porphyria (it runs in the royal family, although probably much less predominant now) some of these drugs would be a disaster for the baby. I expect the princess' doctor knows about these things as I have read that all royal children are tested for porphyria now, just in case, so they can avoid unsafe drugs, a few unsafe foods, and many unsafe environmental chemicals. I pray for the baby to have NO drugs not necessary. Prince Charles supports homeopathy, probably knowing the possibilities. This baby will have a good start in life whatever its "genes", due to being born in good circumstances with knowledge. Knowledge is power.
There are lots of options for medications now! Unless it is contraindicated in your particular situation, Drs should be able to give you something that can work for you.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Penelope, there are specific "safe" drugs for people with Porphyria, and specific non-safe ones, and there are lists, such as NAPOS list online. The lists are not perfect, as they sometimes don't list the more recently developed drugs. But they are so helpful that this is how I got my dx. They thought I might have MS, but a researcher suggested I check the safe-unsafe drug lists to see if I should be tested. I fit to a T, even though I had never given Porphyria a thought, and neither had my doctors, as it is rare and is not "taught" well in medical schools. I hear from a Porph in Australia that the training of physicians to recognize and treat Porph in Oz is greatly enhanced in the last four years. Her grandson was just born and was put on a porph-caution regime immediately. And she has a great Porph "prof" there who knows all there is to know, a rarity.
I expect the royal obstetrician knows all, or as much as anyone can know who doesn't have it.

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william