The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Would someone of you who live in the UK tell me if Jessica Hay is actually a friend of Duchess Catherine, or ever has been? She would certainly be an ex-friend if she went forth talking about me and my private matters.
Don't live in the UK, but all I know was that she wasn't invited to the wedding. She's has been talking to the Prince since Kate came into the public eye, I doubt Kate has talk to her since High School (the UK equivalent)

Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could it be that the HG can come back?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Kate Middleton pregnant: You can already buy a four poster 'Duchess cot' for your little princess | Mail Online

'I may not have bones yet, but I'm already more important than everyone reading this,' was the Tweet from @RoyalFetus

OMG this is so sweet!!! the perfect cot for the future queen
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The colours are nice (perfect for a little girl) but the design is, to my taste, just gaudy.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Could it be that the HG can come back?
Some women have it throughout their entire pregnancy, which is horrific and it is such a debilitating condition that they then have to stay of work as they have no energy. The constant loss of fluids via vomiting results in the women losing a lot of weight and the fetus therefore does not receive enough nutrition, sometimes resulting in small for gestational age babies (those which are not born above 2.5kg at birth if they are full term, which is 37 weeks gestation).

It often resolves itself after 12 weeks, and it is a sign of an increase in a certain hormone (HCG) which is the hormone that sustains a pregnancy. Increased levels of the hormone are associated with multiple pregnancies, but I am not saying Catherine is expecting twins. It is a good sign if a woman is quite sick during the first few weeks, as it means the hormone levels are increasing thus sustaining a pregnancy. It is just awful to experience nausea and vomiting all day.

I am a midwife, and true hyperemesis is rarely seen and if it does occur it is treated with IV fluids and antiemetics (anti sickness medication) either orally, via injections or intravenously. It is often gone by around 12-14 weeks, and women start to feel much better by then.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton pregnant: Hello! correctly predicts the royal pregnancy - hellomagazine.com

HELLO!
WILL RELEASE A SPECIAL EDITION WITH ALL THE DETAILS ON THE COUPLE'S JOYFUL NEWS AS CONGRATULATIONS POUR IN FROM AROUND THE WORLD. PLUS: THE LATEST ON KATE'S SICKNESS SCARE AND THE TELLTALE SIGNS THAT SHE WAS EXPECTING.

DONíT MISS YOUR SOUVENIR COPY OF HELLO!, ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 5 DECEMBER 2012.

HELLO! WILL RELEASE A SPECIAL EDITION WITH ALL THE DETAILS ON THE COUPLE'S JOYFUL NEWS AS CONGRATULATIONS POUR IN FROM AROUND THE WORLD. PLUS: THE LATEST ON KATE'S SICKNESS SCARE AND THE TELLTALE SIGNS THAT SHE WAS EXPECTING.

DONíT MISS YOUR SOUVENIR COPY OF HELLO!, ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 5 DECEMBER 2012.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

The colours are nice (perfect for a little girl) but the design is, to my taste, just gaudy.
I think it's just perfect so so sweet!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I'm a fan of understated which is probably why I dislike the cot.
Then again, different people, different tastes.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

At first Artemesia I thought you were talking about the "understated" pink "hello" ad.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Some women have it throughout their entire pregnancy, which is horrific and it is such a debilitating condition that they then have to stay of work as they have no energy. The constant loss of fluids via vomiting results in the women losing a lot of weight and the fetus therefore does not receive enough nutrition, sometimes resulting in small for gestational age babies (those which are not born above 2.5kg at birth if they are full term, which is 37 weeks gestation).

It often resolves itself after 12 weeks, and it is a sign of an increase in a certain hormone (HCG) which is the hormone that sustains a pregnancy. Increased levels of the hormone are associated with multiple pregnancies, but I am not saying Catherine is expecting twins. It is a good sign if a woman is quite sick during the first few weeks, as it means the hormone levels are increasing thus sustaining a pregnancy. It is just awful to experience nausea and vomiting all day.

I am a midwife, and true hyperemesis is rarely seen and if it does occur it is treated with IV fluids and antiemetics (anti sickness medication) either orally, via injections or intravenously. It is often gone by around 12-14 weeks, and women start to feel much better by then.
As someone who had gone through extreme hyperemesis, I really hope Kate gets better soon. Throughout my pregnancy I had been to the ER 7 times for fluids, 2 hospitalizations, and a string of medications to stop the vomiting. In my fifth month of pregnancy I ended up getting a PICC line installed so they could pump nutrients inside me.
There are treatments out there for HG (my husband once said that if I had been born 100 years ago I would have been toast - Charlotte Bronte is believed to have died of HG), but it can be a very traumatic experience for both man and wife. It can also derail any family planning you had: while I want another baby, I am very hesitant to get pregnant again.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Cambridge arrives at hospital to visit pregnant Kate - Telegraph
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Serene Highness

Finally made it through all 16 pages.

I was sick myself yesterday, so hearing this happy news helped to bring a grin to my face. So happy for them and here's to a problem free Pregnancy from here on out and a beautiful healthy baby in June/July. :)
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the personal perspective, Kurenai. I can't even imagine. Also, thanks for that tidbit about Charlotte.

I hope Kate is feeling better soon. She is no doubt getting top notch care, and all will be well. Very hard on both of them, though.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Nobility

How many people think that she will be made a princess in her own right before she delivers the third in line to the thrown?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
How many people think that she will be made a princess in her own right before she delivers the third in line to the thrown?
Absolutely none, because there's zero precedence for that in the British Royal Family.

Catherine will be called Princess when she becomes Princess of Wales and not before that.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Pupils at Kate's old school make congratulations cards - ITV News
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Nobility

Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Majesty

I'm glad to hear that Catherine is getting better. William looks so very relieved (and rightfully so) when he's leaving the hospital. It's as if a burden has been lifted off his shoulders. His smile is absolutely radiant. As to that crib, it's a bit gaudy for my tastes as well, and knowing the preference the couple has for understated, the baby furniture will most likely be on the simple and elegant side.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?
Diana was not a princess in her own right
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Serene Highness

Yeeeey! Royal prince or princess on the way

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william