The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Can we expect the birth to take place there as well?

I'm not even sure where the King Edward VII Hospital is located, in Wales I presume?
I'm sure there are excellent hospitals in Wales. But since we are talking about a future monarch isn't it more likely that the birth will take place at one of the largest and best hopitals in UK? Like The London?
It's in London. Whether or not she will have her baby there is another question, the Duke was born in St.Mary

Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would personally put my money on St. Mary's Hospital for the royal birth.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I'm not even sure where the King Edward VII Hospital is located, in Wales I presume?
I'm sure there are excellent hospitals in Wales. But since we are talking about a future monarch isn't it more likely that the birth will take place at one of the largest and best hopitals in UK? Like The London?
The hospital is in central London (Beaumont Street). IT is described as London's leading private hospital. However, both William and Harry were born in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's, Paddington - also in London. It would depend on where Catherine's doctor is based, I should think.

Wiki link about the hospital
King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link to hospital

London Hospital, Private Hospital London, London Private Hospital, King Edward VII Sister Agnes

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:

King Edward VII Hospital is in London. It can't be excluded as the hospital where William and Kate's child will be born but I think St Mary's Hospital (also in London) is much more probable; that's where both William and Harry were born. Portland Hospital (in London as well) is possible too.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on an instant reply.

So St Mary's seems more likely.

Then I have a couple of follow up questions.

I would assume that the current procedure will be similar to the ones when Diana gave birth to William and Harry.
That means that a maternity team is being selected shortly? That this team will be on more or less permanent stand-by in six months time? And that personal rooms at the matenity ward will be prepared in a few months (in regards to security and privacy)?
Will there be any details presented about any maternity team?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your first wee one. One thing for sure, if you stay tuned to TRF, you can keep up with the latest in maternity fashion. I'm sure the media is going to be all over this royal pregnancy on each and every little detail there is.
Thank you Osipi. I will keep following the TRF about Kate's pregnancy, but I doubt my budget will allow me to wear the same clothes as she does
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on an instant reply.

So St Mary's seems more likely.

Then I have a couple of follow up questions.

I would assume that the current procedure will be similar to the ones when Diana gave birth to William and Harry.
That means that a maternity team is being selected shortly? That this team will be on more or less permanent stand-by in six months time? And that personal rooms at the matenity ward will be prepared in a few months (in regards to security and privacy)?
Will there be any details presented about any maternity team?
Catherine is being treated by Marcus Setchell - quote from Telegraph and link to full artucle which is about the hospital.

It was reported last night that the Duchess of Cambridge was being cared for by Marcus Setchell, the Queen’s former surgeon-gynaecologist.
Mr Setchell delivered the Countess of Wessex’s daughter Lady Louise Windsor and son James, Viscount Severn.
He took over the role of surgeon to the Queen in 1990 from the late Sir George Pinker who delivered nine Royal babies, including Princes William and Harry.

Duchess of Cambridge treated at hospital with a long Royal tradition - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Courtier

This foundation has more information about the illness https://www.facebook.com/HERFoundation Help HER - Hyperemesis Education Research and a lot of women talking about their experience on The View facebook page after The View has put out some "ignorant" information on their show yesterday https://www.facebook.com/TheView?fref=ts&filter=2
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Brilliant news for the couple and their families!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Commoner

Such wonderful news. Many best wishes and congratulations to TRH The Duke and Duchess and to HRH The Prince of Wales on becoming a grand father.

Many cheers to them all.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
now it only misses Charlene pregnancy and Victoria's 2nd pregnancy annoucements! 2013 will be another happy and joyful royal year^^
I wait more for Stephanie's first pregnancy, than for the second one for Victoria.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate Middleton pregnant: Prince William leaves King Edward VII Hospital in central London - hellomagazine.com

Kate Middleton pregnant: Carole and Michael Middleton head to London to be by their daughter's side - hellomagazine.com

Lehtikuva.fi: William kävi katsomassa raskauspahoinvoinnista kärsivää Catherinea sairaalassa

Two more pics of William going to the Hospital http://goffphotos.tumblr.com/post/37...en-arriving-at
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM

First, I am delighted to hear this great news!

But...I am also feeling nervous for Kate. From what I've read about her condition, there's a chance the baby could be underweight and Kate might have the same problem with her next pregnancy. Also, she could feel this way until the baby is born.

I feel very sorry for her and William. You're supposed to be excited to be parents, not feel horribly sick and miserable.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Sonjapearl, not all pregnant women suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidsus for the whole nine months. I had it for three and a half months and then it went away totally, but mine started very early, a week after conception. Not all women who have it once have it during following pregnancies. My baby was NOT underweight; he was 9 l/2 pounds and two weeks late. I had to have induction, to which I reacted by going unconscious for ten hours because I have porphyria and should not have been given the hormone to produce induction. Me being unconscious did not harm the baby, probably was a good thing (no pain for most of the labor). I had no anesthesia other than demerol, and demerol is OK for people with porphyria, so baby and I were fortunate in that, since they did not know I had porphyria.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 PM

Good to know, Mariel. But in my post, I did say "could", "might" and "there's a chance" - so I wasn't saying all women in Kate's situation go through the same thing. Apparently, some have it worse than others.

I just hope she gets over this and could start to feel excited about becoming a mother.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, Sonjapearl, we the public cannot know if Kate will be sick the whole line months, but I suspect it is not likely.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

Within 30 minutes of Catherine's pregnancy being announced, it was front page news on the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and Washington Post websites.
Its amazing the global interest in William and Catherine.

Kate Middleton pregnant: world rejoices at news of Royal baby - Telegraph
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems like we waited forever for news they were getting married, then came the waiting game for children. Thankfully they didn't make us wait 10 years for this announcement! LOL
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Pregnant - Prince William Visits, Queen Stays Home : People.com
Kate Middleton pregnant: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge having a baby | Mail Online
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is the Duchess now treated at hospital? Is she getting infusion or is she taking tablets?

And how does her "way back to the ability to eat and drink without problems" look like?

Thank you for your answers!

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Closed Thread

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william