The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I'm quite certain of that too. It is extremely likely that in the upcoming months, Her Majesty will issue Letters Patent granting all the (future) children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge the title of British Princes and Princesses with the style of Royal Highness - just as George VI did for then the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate is just under 10 weeks pregnant.
May I ask where you got this specific information from? The official announcement just said the DoC is "very early" in her pregnancy.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Sun and The Mirror is already speculating about how the child will look like.

Here the Sun's bid, scroll down to the bottom of the page: Kate Middleton is pregnant with first child | The Sun |News
I sincerely hope they are well off the mark!

The Mirror's bid at least looks like human beings: Kate Middleton pregnant: See incredible images of what royal baby might look like - Mirror Online

It's consolation to learn that the British press is just as silly as the press in rest of the world.
It's going to be some loooong months for the poor readers, I fear.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by awcblue View Post
I'm very happy for William and Catherine. I hope the pregnancy becomes easier and more pleasant for them. A source I read said that Catherine stayed with her parents for the weekend while William was away with friends . It was certainly good of William to drive to the Middleton's Bucklebury home on Monday in order to take Catherine to hospital. But I wonder how much time they actually spend together because it seems to me that William is often away doing things with his friends. Is it normal for wealthy people to spend their weekends separately? I wonder, too, whether Catherine is happy that William is gone for long periods of time both working and playing?

The Royals Watch
We don't know if William is always or very often away during his time off from work. It's not unusual for any couple to spend a little bit of time apart. I'd imagine that with the current development, His Highness may choose to stay a bit closer to home more often than not during his free time.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Majesty

georgina brewer‏@Georginaitv
Reports of #middletons leaving their home in Bucklebury
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to Prince William & Princess Kate
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

I heard the Duchess was pregnant yesterday evening from my husband, but I was too tired to check TRF.
It is so "funny" for me to hear since Catherine and William got married one day before me and my husband and now we are pregnant together, probably we will be a mother around the same period in 2013
Luckely I'm not having severe morning sickness, hopefully she will feel better soon!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
I heard the Duchess was pregnant yesterday evening from my husband, but I was too tired to check TRF.
It is so "funny" for me to hear since Catherine and William got married one day before me and my husband and now we are pregnant together, probably we will be a mother around the same period in 2013
Luckely I'm not having severe morning sickness, hopefully she will feel better soon!!
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your first wee one. One thing for sure, if you stay tuned to TRF, you can keep up with the latest in maternity fashion. I'm sure the media is going to be all over this royal pregnancy on each and every little detail there is.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

i hope this pregnancy isnt so bad she decides this is the one and only. :(
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
i hope this pregnancy isnt so bad she decides this is the one and only. :(
It's not really up to her. They have to produce a spare.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Majesty

William has arrived at the hospital.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Majesty

Twitter / Georginaitv: #prince #william has just arrived ...
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-baby.html
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Is that a private hospital? It looks like a private small Clinic...maybe her doctor is from there...
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV7 View Post

It's not really up to her. They have to produce a spare.
They don't have to produce a spare, just means the line of succession is down to one. I imagine Catherine and William want a large family of their own anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Is that a private hospital? It looks like a private small Clinic...maybe her doctor is from there...
Private hospital.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
King Edward VII Hospital is indeed a private one although it's hardly a small clinic. Originally, it had been a hospital for officers but now offered the treatment of all ranks of former servicemen, as well as other members of public. The Duke of Edinburgh was treated there during his hospitalization at the time of the Jubilee celebrations as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They don't have to produce a spare, just means the line of succession is down to one. I imagine Catherine and William want a large family of their own anywhere.

There's no written rule saying you have to produce a spare, there isn't one saying you have to produce an heir either, it's more of an ideal expectation.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV7 View Post

There's no written rule saying you have to produce a spare, there isn't one saying you have to produce an heir either, it's more of an ideal expectation.
Well obviously. If it's better for Catherine's health that she only have one child than that's the preferred option.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
King Edward VII Hospital is indeed a private one although it's hardly a small clinic. Originally, it had been a hospital for officers but now offered the treatment of all ranks of former servicemen, as well as other members of public. The Duke of Edinburgh was treated there during his hospitalization at the time of the Jubilee celebrations as well.
Can we expect the birth to take place there as well?

I'm not even sure where the King Edward VII Hospital is located, in Wales I presume?
I'm sure there are excellent hospitals in Wales. But since we are talking about a future monarch isn't it more likely that the birth will take place at one of the largest and best hopitals in UK? Like The London?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well obviously. If it's better for Catherine's health that she only have one child than that's the preferred option.
Not at all. Her condition isn't dangerous to her or her baby as long as she's following the doctors' advices and treatment (which she obviously will), it's not necessarily how she will feel during the next months or the next pregnancy/ies. So having more children would be no problem for her.

Tags
cambridge, catherine, pregnancy, william