The Duchess of Cambridge is admitted to hospital: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they will probably leave the hospital tomorrow? Or monday?

I saw a tweet about Catherine and William going right through the front door~I hope they were able to have that normal experience this time, and I hope no one snapped a pic this time.

Saw that too Princess Mara.

Maybe with the Duchess being admitted at this time of day, and with so many people about, the Royal party didn't try and go in a back way.

You can bet that if anyone snapped some photos "New Idea" and "Woman's Day" magazines here in Australia will be in a bidding war as I type this.

I think the mags are printed Sunday evening, so nicely timed for us to have our new issues out across the nation by Monday morning.

(I'm expecting to see TV ads this time tomorrow for the winning magazine. :lol:)

And of course, nicely timed for both magazines to have the new baby on the cover if the Lindo Wings steps presentation happens in the next twenty-four hours.

Last edited:
Why is the British media (the DM with a shocking vile open sewer, allowing unmoderated comments) referring to Kate Middleton? They do not refer to the Duke as Philip Mountbatten. They do not refer to Princess Michael as Marie-Christine Baroness von Reibnitz. What a lousy and lazy, lazy press!

The worst thing is that all international media adapt to Kate Middleton as well, after all they only copy-and-paste from the Brits themselves... I know... "Je suis Charlie" but freedom of speech may be limited, seeing the filth, the hatred, the vitriol, the nastiness which is thrown in the comments' sections of the online newspapers.

My whole day has started in negative mood now. Good heavens, it really took me off my balance...

:Ermm:

Last edited:
do you think she was induced?

Hi Marty91charmed - my two cents worth is that May 2nd was "pencilled in" as the day, and someone had that information and tweeted it more than a week ago.

The angle about the Sunday papers makes sense to me.

If baby turned up sooner than May 2nd, so be it - but it wasn't going to go longer than today if nature failed.

And P.S. Princess Mara - some professionals aren't tweeting. Maybe they're busy with putting any photos they may have taken of the arrival at the hospital on the market.

Last edited:
It's so exciting! I hope everything goes well!
flowers.gif.pagespeed.ce.XOZBSj_-nb.gif

Well that was the fastest I have ever managed to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!

I am so pleased the wait is almost over and I hope everything is going smoothly for Catherine! One news reporter said this morning "I'm sure Catherine is even more excited as we all are" - made me laugh!

Here is a BBC News link:

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge in early stages of labour - BBC News

I do think she was induced.

I do hope the labor is over quickly for her. Have any of you been induced before? When I was, I noticed the contractions came on fairly quickly (after about 45 minutes) and were very regular and strong, but labor seemed to go on for hours. You can become tired very quickly with those. It is a fairly different feel than a naturally brought on labor. On top of that, she is said to want another natural childbirth. Oh, I feel for her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing the Duchess a speedy and painless delivery! Is there such a thing! I wish her all the very best at any rate. Looking forward to the day we see the wee bonnie baby as they leave the hospital. Will have to be patient.

If you are induced, doesn't the birth tend to take a while? I know my mother went around 17 hrs with my brother when she was induced. Other women I know that were induced were usually around 9+ hrs.....
If this is true, then we are in for a long wait. Although, we've been waiting weeks so what's another 6+ hrs?

I do hope the labor is over quickly for her. Have any of you been induced before? When I was, I noticed the contractions came on fairly quickly (after about 45 minutes) and were very regular and strong, but labor seemed to go on for hours. You can become tired very quickly with those. It is a fairly different feel than a naturally brought on labor. On top of that, she is said to want another natural childbirth. Oh, I feel for her!

I was induced at 40+10, but I failed to progress, thus a c-section. My contractions barely registered. My eldest son was determined to stay!

Two friends of mine were induced at 40+7 and both delivered naturally within 3 hours. It was so quick for one that it was too late for an epidural...she ordered it far too late.

If you are induced, doesn't the birth tend to take a while? I know my mother went around 17 hrs with my brother when she was induced. Other women I know that were induced were usually around 9+ hrs.....
If this is true, then we are in for a long wait. Although, we've been waiting weeks so what's another 6+ hrs?

It can. I was like your Mother with my 3 inducements. The first two I had normal labors (no induction) with natural childbirth . The last three I just couldn't go into labor well. The contractions were more intense, sooner with induction, but it didn't go any faster. I had to end up having epidurals for pain relief with those children.

We don't know if she was induced. The only thing KP is saying is that her labor is progressing normally.

Members of the BRF were informed of Kate's labor this morning.

@PARoyal: The Prince of Wales and the Queen were told this morning the news that Kate was in labour. #RoyalBaby
‏@PARoyal:"All members of the royal family were informed as soon as it was practically possible,'' KP spokesman said. #RoyalBaby

The media has started to arrive:
https://twitter.com/wyliecatherine/status/594405726606499841

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Queen, Prince Charles & the royal family were told this morning that Kate was in labour. #RoyalBaby (vis @PARoyal)

All my thoughts for a quick and safe delivery of a healthy baby.

do you think she was induced?

We will most likely never know. For her sake I hope not as pitocin induced contractions are very painful - many opt for epidurals - but there's also increased risks for mom and baby with pitocin.
Hopefully the DOC has a swift and safe delivery.

I think and hope this time the birth will be easier, as usually second children are born easier than first ones.

British Royals @britishroyals · 4m 4 minutes ago
Prince George is reportedly in Kensington Palace with grandparents Mike & Carole Middleton & nanny as we all await news of the #RoyalBaby

I hope she wasn't induced and has the birthing experience she wants, whatever that is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Is anyone watching Kay Burley on Sky News? She's running around like her knickers are on fire, bringing us vital updates such as the thoughts of some random French rugby fans who've turned up.

Surely she realises this is likely to take hours?

Yes, contractions very close together and very intense the whole labor. In the childbirth classes you're told about labor building through stages but not with pit - it's boom, intense pain with contractions a minute apart the whole ordeal. Of course, in my case, it didn't help that the hospital missed that my baby was breach until I'd completely dilated.
Fortunately Catherine has the best medical care and with luck this delivery will be even quicker than Prince George's birth.

Is anyone watching Kay Burley on Sky News? She's running around like her knickers are on fire, bringing us vital updates such as the thoughts of some random French rugby fans who've turned up.

Surely she realises this is likely to take hours?

I'm watching her~she's running on adrenaline. I love it!:)

Live cross to Royal reporter Rob Jobson just on TV here in Australia.

The Lindo Wing steps baby presetation may not be the same this time, as it was for Prince George.

The weather is colder, and Rob said things may be moved along quicker than they were last time.

Channel 7 is having an extended coverage tomorrow, (Sunday), morning here any Oz posters. (Probably the same with the other channels.)

With the world's media in place and broadcasting from in front of the hospital, some people must have thought it would be a good chance for them to bring attention to their cause.

During the latest crossover, (several throughout the news bulletin), a noisy demonstration of people waving flags and chanting were quickly turned away by a lot a heavily-armed police standing at the end of the street. (Or were these the rugby fans? :ohmy:).

Last edited:
Is it likely that the Duchess will be out of hospital tomorrow?

:previous:

It will depend on when the baby is born and how Kate is recovering, but if everything goes smoothly and the baby arrives today, I'd guess they will be discharged tomorrow.

George was born on the late afternoon of the 22nd, and Kate left the hospital the next day.

Is it likely that the Duchess will be out of hospital tomorrow?

I think that is why Australian TV is having extended coverage our time tomorrow morning Dazzling - hoping to be able to broadcast the new baby live across Oz.

Last edited:
During the latest crossover, (several throughout the news bulletin), a noisy demonstration of people waving flags and chanting were quickly turned away by a lot a heavily-armed police standing at the end of the street. (Or were these the rugby fans? :ohmy:).

Yes, they're fans of the French team Toulon who are playing in a big European Cup final at Twickenham later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom