Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video: Royal baby watch: live streaming from outside the Lindo Wing - Telegraph

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-02-2015, 04:55 AM
Nobility

If you are induced, doesn't the birth tend to take a while? I know my mother went around 17 hrs with my brother when she was induced. Other women I know that were induced were usually around 9+ hrs.....
If this is true, then we are in for a long wait. Although, we've been waiting weeks so what's another 6+ hrs?

Old 05-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
I do hope the labor is over quickly for her. Have any of you been induced before? When I was, I noticed the contractions came on fairly quickly (after about 45 minutes) and were very regular and strong, but labor seemed to go on for hours. You can become tired very quickly with those. It is a fairly different feel than a naturally brought on labor. On top of that, she is said to want another natural childbirth. Oh, I feel for her!
I was induced at 40+10, but I failed to progress, thus a c-section. My contractions barely registered. My eldest son was determined to stay!

Two friends of mine were induced at 40+7 and both delivered naturally within 3 hours. It was so quick for one that it was too late for an epidural...she ordered it far too late.
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Claire View Post
If you are induced, doesn't the birth tend to take a while? I know my mother went around 17 hrs with my brother when she was induced. Other women I know that were induced were usually around 9+ hrs.....
If this is true, then we are in for a long wait. Although, we've been waiting weeks so what's another 6+ hrs?
It can. I was like your Mother with my 3 inducements. The first two I had normal labors (no induction) with natural childbirth . The last three I just couldn't go into labor well. The contractions were more intense, sooner with induction, but it didn't go any faster. I had to end up having epidurals for pain relief with those children.

Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

We don't know if she was induced. The only thing KP is saying is that her labor is progressing normally.

Members of the BRF were informed of Kate's labor this morning.

@PARoyal: The Prince of Wales and the Queen were told this morning the news that Kate was in labour. #RoyalBaby
‏@PARoyal:"All members of the royal family were informed as soon as it was practically possible,'' KP spokesman said. #RoyalBaby

The media has started to arrive:
https://twitter.com/wyliecatherine/s...05726606499841
Old 05-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m 2 minutes ago
The Queen, Prince Charles & the royal family were told this morning that Kate was in labour. #RoyalBaby (vis @PARoyal)

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-02-2015, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

All my thoughts for a quick and safe delivery of a healthy baby.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
do you think she was induced?
We will most likely never know. For her sake I hope not as pitocin induced contractions are very painful - many opt for epidurals - but there's also increased risks for mom and baby with pitocin.
Hopefully the DOC has a swift and safe delivery.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think and hope this time the birth will be easier, as usually second children are born easier than first ones.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 4m 4 minutes ago
Prince George is reportedly in Kensington Palace with grandparents Mike & Carole Middleton & nanny as we all await news of the #RoyalBaby

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she wasn't induced and has the birthing experience she wants, whatever that is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Nobility

Is anyone watching Kay Burley on Sky News? She's running around like her knickers are on fire, bringing us vital updates such as the thoughts of some random French rugby fans who've turned up.

Surely she realises this is likely to take hours?
Old 05-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
I do hope the labor is over quickly for her. Have any of you been induced before? When I was, I noticed the contractions came on fairly quickly (after about 45 minutes) and were very regular and strong, but labor seemed to go on for hours. You can become tired very quickly with those. It is a fairly different feel than a naturally brought on labor. On top of that, she is said to want another natural childbirth. Oh, I feel for her!
Yes, contractions very close together and very intense the whole labor. In the childbirth classes you're told about labor building through stages but not with pit - it's boom, intense pain with contractions a minute apart the whole ordeal. Of course, in my case, it didn't help that the hospital missed that my baby was breach until I'd completely dilated.
Fortunately Catherine has the best medical care and with luck this delivery will be even quicker than Prince George's birth.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Is anyone watching Kay Burley on Sky News? She's running around like her knickers are on fire, bringing us vital updates such as the thoughts of some random French rugby fans who've turned up.

Surely she realises this is likely to take hours?
I'm watching her~she's running on adrenaline. I love it!

Old 05-02-2015, 05:50 AM
Serene Highness

Live cross to Royal reporter Rob Jobson just on TV here in Australia.

The Lindo Wing steps baby presetation may not be the same this time, as it was for Prince George.

The weather is colder, and Rob said things may be moved along quicker than they were last time.

Channel 7 is having an extended coverage tomorrow, (Sunday), morning here any Oz posters. (Probably the same with the other channels.)

With the world's media in place and broadcasting from in front of the hospital, some people must have thought it would be a good chance for them to bring attention to their cause.

During the latest crossover, (several throughout the news bulletin), a noisy demonstration of people waving flags and chanting were quickly turned away by a lot a heavily-armed police standing at the end of the street. (Or were these the rugby fans? ).
Old 05-02-2015, 05:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Is it likely that the Duchess will be out of hospital tomorrow?
Old 05-02-2015, 05:57 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It will depend on when the baby is born and how Kate is recovering, but if everything goes smoothly and the baby arrives today, I'd guess they will be discharged tomorrow.

George was born on the late afternoon of the 22nd, and Kate left the hospital the next day.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I would think so, if all goes well.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

I think that is why Australian TV is having extended coverage our time tomorrow morning Dazzling - hoping to be able to broadcast the new baby live across Oz.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post

During the latest crossover, (several throughout the news bulletin), a noisy demonstration of people waving flags and chanting were quickly turned away by a lot a heavily-armed police standing at the end of the street. (Or were these the rugby fans? ).
Yes, they're fans of the French team Toulon who are playing in a big European Cup final at Twickenham later today.

Closed Thread