The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisteria...I totally agree and have said the same in previous posts.

And yes, the name to me makes a nasty reference to sex. Not something I would share with friends and/or family but I am not Uncle Gary. But it should also note that a name is just that a name...just because someone names their island retreat a crude name doesn't mean something scandalous is going over there.

This is just another example that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

Wisteria...I totally agree and have said the same in previous posts.

And yes, the name to me makes a nasty reference to sex. Not something I would share with friends and/or family but I am not Uncle Gary. But it should also note that a name is just that a name...just because someone names their island retreat a crude name doesn't mean something scandalous is going over there.

This is just another example that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

I agree with you too but...unfortunately besides seeing the name of Uncle Gary´s house it went from bad to worse, we saw uncle Gary and we heard Uncle Gary. :flowers:

I think people are too concerned about Uncle Gary. Like I said, everyone has skeletons, and so long as Uncle Gary doesn't become BFFs with Kate and William, it shouldn't be a problem. If I were Uncle Gary, I wouldn't be expecting a royal wedding invitation any time soon.

I can totally respect that, SarahMay. I think what's ridiculous is that some seem to believe that having a relative who has allegedly engaged in such behavior as Gary Goldsmith is accused of means that a wedding suddenly cannot occur. That's just silliness.

If they don't get married, IMO, it won't be because of this Uncle Gary story. (But I still think they will.) :D

I like that The Globe thinks Camilla is somehow the last word on royal weddings now. :lol:

Very interesting article from The Washington Post on the Kate "scandal," also touches on class issues in England:

washingtonpost.com

:previous: Ouch. Now I'm starting to feel bad for Kate.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've been hanging out over at the Alexander Palace Time Machine forums and they seem to have dried up where the Windsors are concerned.

I totally agree with Ella. There will be an engagement and a wedding between Prince William and Kate.

I think it's highlarious that The Globe has worked Camilla into this fabrication. Yeah, like she's the one calling the shots in the Prince of Wales' household and the goings on of his family...right. Don't get me wrong, I do believe Camilla wields quite a bit of power just not where the Royal Family is concerned.

=Annie=

The Globe hasn't ever quite moved past the Diana/Charles/Camilla business when it comes to royal reporting. They're never very friendly to The Duchess ... and it usually ends up being more hilarious than anything else, just because it's so ridiculous!

Very interesting article from The Washington Post on the Kate "scandal," also touches on class issues in England:

washingtonpost.com

"The upper class has more than its share of cocaine users and inconvenient relatives.."

this is an excellent point. it just goes to prove that what's ok for the goose isn't ok for the gander.

"The upper class has more than its share of cocaine users and inconvenient relatives.."

this is an excellent point. it just goes to prove that what's ok for the goose isn't ok for the gander.

This is perfectly true, an upper class person would get a "tut tut" and that would be that, and a royal wouldn´t even get that, at least within hearing distance of the royals but Uncle Gary with his beer belly proved himself, at least to the people who heard him and saw the video not even to be in the upper end of the lower class but, of course, with the advantage of "pots of money".
Kate has barely put her toe into the upper class and the uncle Gary incident just might have its repercussions.

OMG, that is so funny, is it a comedy magazine?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's like the lowest tabloid we have...their previous cover was about Obama's gay lover, so you can get the drift from that.:lol:

Silly tabloid headline, William has no bride. He's not even engaged. :ermm:

:previous:
The Middletons’ firm will now offer ‘experience days’ – such as surfing lessons and trips to football grounds and recording studios – in conjunction with Virgin.

:) For kids, like those expensive summer camps they do for kids in the US in big cities like New York and LA? I think those are pretty popular - she might just become a real entrepreneur.

The Richard Branson thing will only deepen the image of Kate or the Middletons as social climbers, making the most of the connections they now have thanks to the royal boyfriend. If it wasn't for Kate's status as possible future Queen a big shot like Branson wouldn't even waste a second of his precious time looking at Middleton's business.

I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it.

She looks shockingly old in this picture:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/02/article-1203652-05EBDD1B000005DC-870_468x502.jpg

The Richard Branson thing will only deepen the image of Kate or the Middletons as social climbers, making the most of the connections they now have thanks to the royal boyfriend. If it wasn't for Kate's status as possible future Queen a big shot like Branson wouldn't even waste a second of his precious time looking at Middleton's business.
Oh come on, do you really believe that he is? All they are doing is acting as agents for the experience days, which anyone website can do - and they have been offering them on their site for over a year now. Possible future Queen or not I doubt that RB has the time or interest to involve himself in her parents business. :ROFLMAO:

I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it
Two :flowers:

I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it.

That's exactly what I was thinking

She looks shockingly old in this picture:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/02/article-1203652-05EBDD1B000005DC-870_468x502.jpg

Brillant. Agree with everything.

Or it could simply be that these are the circles she would move in without any connection to William. I would imagine that it is harder for her to follow a career because she is involved with him.:flowers:

Or it could simply be that these are the circles she would move in without any connection to William. I would imagine that it is harder for her to follow a career because she is involved with him.:flowers:

Sky, now I'm really interested in your theory on how British tycoon Sir Richard Branson and Miss Catherine Middleton could have crossed paths if it wasn't through her connections involving Prince William :flowers:

Oh come on, do you really believe that he is? All they are doing is acting as agents for the experience days, which anyone website can do - and they have been offering them on their site for over a year now. Possible future Queen or not I doubt that RB has the time or interest to involve himself in her parents business. :ROFLMAO:

Two :flowers:
Actually I believe the figure is closer to 4 or 5.

She was photographed attending interviews at galleries when she first graduated, Hello ran a piece on it. Then she took the job at Jigsaw, which was followed by her non-existent stint as a photographer/events manager after the much-hyped Testino exhibition.

Finally we are told she works in the family business.

Actually I believe the figure is closer to 4 or 5.

She was photographed attending interviews at galleries when she first graduated, Hello ran a piece on it. Then she took the job at Jigsaw, which was followed by her non-existent stint as a photographer/events manager after the much-hyped Testino exhibition.

Finally we are told she works in the family business.

Actually I still think it is two. She worked at Jigsaw and then for her parents. Anything else is just speculation by the media.

I'm not sure what exhibition you are talking about but the only one I can think of is the "A Time to Reflect" book launch with photographs by Alistair Morrison which was for charity I believe in late 2007. Does hosting an event for charity now make one an events manager? I guess I have something new to add to my CV.

:previous:
At some point it was rumoured that she would work with Mario Testino, in some art exhibition. :flowers:

Since Kate has not spoken in the press regarding her life, school, family and work life...its pretty much speculation on how many jobs and/or careers she has. I am also not sure if I would consider the Daily Mail to be a reliable source.

And in reference to Kate meeting a different group of people due to her dating William, isn't that applicable to anyone who dates someone who comes from a different geographical area, social class, etc?

I am looking for a new job, and I am reaching out to people that I know...those I know very well and those I have had a passing acquaintance with...does that make me a bad person too?

The fact remains that Kate is truly the first commoner to potentially marry into the British Royal Family (I am not counting Lady Diana Spencer, Lady Elizabeth Bowles-Lyon or Anne Hyde as they had access to the BRF) in this new era of 24/7 news you can use (or lose). People can put a rumour on the internet and its across the globe and milliseconds...and it doesn't matter if its correct. And I am not counting Antony Armstrong Jones...the press can not be compared to the Press of the 1960's.

She is in a special category...she can't get a regular job due to the press (surely people remember the press stalking her place of business at Topshop) or the countdown by the press (and the forum) on how many vacations she took, she works for her family and she is ridiculed because no one sees exactly what she is doing, she talks to friends of her boyriend and she is accused of using her connections to get a better job (which I think anyone if given the opportunity to do would), she is also ridiculed because she doesn't know what she wants to do with her career (which also doesn't make her special...I am 40 and I am thinking of changing careers).

I am going to go out on a limb and give my opinion of Kate...she does nothing for me. She is boring, not that pretty and just average in terms of her dress sense (from what I know cause I don't know her) BUT she is NOT the reincarnation of the devil and if William likes and loves her...she is okay with me.

Last edited:
Since Kate has not spoken in the press regarding her life, school, family and work life...its pretty much speculation on how many jobs and/or careers she has. I am also not sure if I would consider the Daily Mail to be a reliable source.

And in reference to Kate meeting a different group of people due to her dating William, isn't that applicable to anyone who dates someone who comes from a different geographical area, social class, etc?

I am looking for a new job, and I am reaching out to people that I know...those I know very well and those I have had a passing acquaintance with...does that make me a bad person too?

Quite the opposite Zonk, it makes you a very resourceful person, like Kate.
You are quite right Kate was bound to meet new people when she began dating William. She's met Sam and Holly Branson through William and Beatrice, thats possible how she possible met Sir Richard.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom