The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the Queen and Philips age it may be something family has to do when they visit. I know that when I visited my grandmother church will be attended on Sunday so always pack for it. We were all the same religion just lazy...but when you visited grandma laziness was no excuse. I also couldn't imagine staying at my relatives home while they were away at church.

The Queen .. Come to church with me then came back to mine for a cuppa
Middletons .. Better not last time we did that the TRF had a melt down.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:ROFLMAO: Maybe that's why the Queen does it! :p

They should up their game and let Carole ride in the car with the Queen, that would break the internet.

Last edited:
They should up their game and let Carole ride in the car with the Queen, that would break the internet.

I'd like to see them anonymously tip off the press, then head to a bar and order a pint together.

Given the Queen and Philips age it may be something family has to do when they visit. I know that when I visited my grandmother church will be attended on Sunday so always pack for it. We were all the same religion just lazy...but when you visited grandma laziness was no excuse. I also couldn't imagine staying at my relatives home while they were away at church.

It does not appear that the Middletons are regular church goers based on the fact that Kate was not confirmed in the CoE until she was engaged to William. Also, Carole, Mike, Pippa and James are not the queen's family, so her wishes would not extend to them. And why would Carole and Mike not prefer to be having Christmas with their family (James, Pippa, and any other of their extended family) at their very nice home. Kate is an adult woman who waited a long time to finally marry into the Royal Family, so she should abide by their traditions accordingly. And really it's most families' traditions. My parents didn't tag along with me to my inlaws' home when my husband and I spent Christmas with my inlaws.

Kate's birthday was on a Saturday. What did people want, for the Queen to tell Carole and Mike to stay in the shadows as the rest of the family went to church on Sunday. Kate's family is just as important to her as Sophie's family is to her, or Camilla's family is to her. Why do some commoners get so upset over this fact

The lengths people go to and try and bash Kate's family is funny

Last edited:
Kate's birthday was on a Saturday. What did people want, for the Queen to tell Carole and Mike to stay in the shadows as the rest of the family went to church on Sunday. Kate's family is just as important to her as Sophie's family is to her, or Camilla's family is to her.

The Middleton family were not staying at Sandringham House but at Anmer.

Anmer Hall is 3 miles away.

The Middleton family and Catherine's friends were invited by William and Catherine to celebrate Catherine's birthday at Anmer House.

Seems odd to be inviting people from another house party, three miles down the road, to join you for church service... :whistling:

It does not appear that the Middletons are regular church goers based on the fact that Kate was not confirmed in the CoE until she was engaged to William. Also, Carole, Mike, Pippa and James are not the queen's family, so her wishes would not extend to them. And why would Carole and Mike not prefer to be having Christmas with their family (James, Pippa, and any other of their extended family) at their very nice home. Kate is an adult woman who waited a long time to finally marry into the Royal Family, so she should abide by their traditions accordingly. And really it's most families' traditions. My parents didn't tag along with me to my inlaws' home when my husband and I spent Christmas with my inlaws.

There is close and then there is clingy.:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I pretty much disagree with your whole post. Where to start…

1.Her family must be somewhat committed to the CoE or her parents would not have married in a CoE ceremony. They also wouldn’t have christened their children. That they did these things does show something.

2.The Middletons did spend Christmas with their own family. They weren’t at Anmer on Christmas, they were there for Catherine’s birthday. Catherine was not born on Christmas, so I’m not sure why you’re complaining about Christmas. It doesn’t make much sense.

3.I don’t know why Catherine should “abide by traditions accordingly”. When every other member of the BRF gets leeway to make their own traditions. She has just as much rights as the other family members.

4.How nice that your parents have never tagged along. The Middletons have also never tagged along. Verb, 1. tag along - go along with, often uninvited. - I’ve never heard of the Middletons gate-crashing the royals, so all signs point to them being invited on the rare occasions we see them with the royals.

Kate's birthday was on a Saturday. What did people want, for the Queen to tell Carole and Mike to stay in the shadows as the rest of the family went to church on Sunday. Kate's family is just as important to her as Sophie's family is to her, or Camilla's family is to her. Why do some commoners get so upset over this fact

The lengths people go to and try and bash Kate's family is funny

I think it's more sad than funny. Middle-class critics bashing the Middletons for being middle-class. The self-hate is depressing. I hope the critics learn that they are just as valuable to the world as the people born "above" them.

Last edited:
The Middleton family were not staying at Sandringham House but at Anmer.

Anmer Hall is 3 miles away.

The Middleton family and Catherine's friends were invited by William and Catherine to celebrate Catherine's birthday at Anmer House.

Seems odd to be inviting people from another house party, three miles down the road, to join you for church service... :whistling:

There is close and then there is clingy.:lol::lol::lol:

So what about it bothers you? Its not as if Carole has been appointed a royal colonel. Mike doesn't receive government papers.

Why does anyone, least of all Americans care whether or not Kate's family spends time with the Queen. Its hilarious when you think about it.

So what about it bothers you? Its not as if Carole has been appointed a royal colonel. Mike doesn't receive government papers.

Why does anyone, least of all Americans care whether or not Kate's family spends time with the Queen. Its hilarious when you think about it.

Does not bother me one bit. It is just odd...

Thing out of the norm are commented on...:whistling:

I don't think its out of the norm. Close families spend holidays together all the time. You seem to be upset Camilla has no ties to the family and is forced to spend the holidays away from the Queen.

I don't think its out of the norm. Close families spend holidays together all the time. You seem to be upset Camilla has no ties to the family and is forced to spend the holidays away from the Queen.

Where was there a single post about Camilla?

I don't think it's odd that both sets of inlaws/relatives would spend ('tag along') time with each other around the holidays. That happens within my own family. My daughter's MIL/FIL/BIL's and myself/husband/son/DIL generally spend 3 or 4 days together during Thanksgiving week at our daughter's home.

There are no rules, not even for Royals, saying they can't start new traditions if they want.

LaRae

Yes, the Middleton behavior is odd. I didn't mind them so much in the beginning, but as the "children" are now 34, 32, and 28, it is strange that they all always seem to be together. I advocate close families, but James and Pippa live together in a flat owned by their parents; they holiday together [Pippa and James went away together for New Years]; Carole went with Pippa on a date with her new fella; they follow their oldest daughter/sister to her in-law activities. Most 28 and 32 year olds are looking to build their own lives rather than following after mom and dad and big sister.

You need to spend more time around various immigrant families. That is more the norm with them. It's only odd to those who haven't been raised that way. Perfectly normally in other cultures.

LaRae

Well my family must need therapy then. We all spend as much time together as possible.

Again, the lengths people go through to criticise. If I were Carole or Mike, I'd be flattered for the amount of time people spend focused on the minutiae surrounding the family

Yes, the Middleton behavior is odd. I didn't mind them so much in the beginning, but as the "children" are now 34, 32, and 28, it is strange that they all always seem to be together. I advocate close families, but James and Pippa live together in a flat owned by their parents; they holiday together [Pippa and James went away together for New Years]; Carole went with Pippa on a date with her new fella; they follow their oldest daughter/sister to her in-law activities. Most 28 and 32 year olds are looking to build their own lives rather than following after mom and dad and big sister.

I can tell you’re going to hate Donna Air. She’s very Middleton-esque in her love for family. When her little sister graduated high school, she moved down to London then moved into Donna’s apartment. She stayed there the next ten years, until she moved in with her now fiancé. For Christmas this year, Donna “tagged along” and spent the holiday with her sister, at her fiancé’s family home. If the Odedra family found Donna’s behavior odd, they sure didn’t show it. They all look happy in this picture.

Francesca Air @franair1 #merrychristmas f...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

Donna is also very close to Damian Aspinall’s adult daughters, Tansy and Clary, even though she and Damian split 9-years ago. They are best friends and just hung out together, Friday.

Donna Air @airdonna1 Chillin with the ...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

Not everyone follows your exact blueprint for extended family relationships. Try to keep an open mind and you’ll probably find the world less “odd”.

You need to spend more time around various immigrant families. That is more the norm with them. It's only odd to those who haven't been raised that way. Perfectly normally in other cultures.

LaRae

We are speaking of the British culture, however. Here's a photo of James and Pippa larking about with their mom on holiday. :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/23/22/2B97EA9F00000578-3208205-image-a-59_1440366652372.jpg

Mike seems to have stepped away from family photo ops, lately.

Last edited:
I can't see anything wrong with that photo and to suggest there is just disgusting. So when your children are married they are not meant to spend together. Unless your royal.

I can tell you’re going to hate Donna Air. She’s very Middleton-esque in her love for family. When her little sister graduated high school, she moved down to London then moved into Donna’s apartment. She stayed there the next ten years, until she moved in with her now fiancé. For Christmas this year, Donna “tagged along” and spent the holiday with her sister, at her fiancé’s family home. If the Odedra family found Donna’s behavior odd, they sure didn’t show it. They all look happy in this picture.

Francesca Air @franair1 #merrychristmas f...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

Donna is also very close to Damian Aspinall’s adult daughters, Tansy and Clary, even though she and Damian split 9-years ago. They are best friends and just hung out together, Friday.

Donna Air @airdonna1 Chillin with the ...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

Not everyone follows your exact blueprint for extended family relationships. Try to keep an open mind and you’ll probably find the world less “odd”.

No, I find it quite normal for a much younger sister to live with her older, established sister while she continues her education and develops a career (unlike James and Pippa) and then gets engaged and moves out to begin the next phase of her life.

What's odd is that Donna did not spend Christmas with her fella, James and James took off on New Year's Eve with his sister Pippa (whom he already lives with) for fun in the sun without his girl, Donna, and then flew back to England just in time to watch his other sister blow out the 34 candles on her birthday cake and get photographed in the vicinity of the queen (good for marshmallow business).

Are Donna and James really a couple?

No, I find it quite normal for a much younger sister to live with her older, established sister while she continues her education and develops a career (unlike James and Pippa) and then gets engaged and moves out to begin the next phase of her life.

What's odd is that Donna did not spend Christmas with her fella, James and James took off on New Year's Eve with his sister Pippa (whom he already lives with) for fun in the sun without his girl, Donna, and then flew back to England just in time to watch his other sister blow out the 34 candles on her birthday cake and get photographed in the vicinity of the queen (good for marshmallow business).

You tell me. You spend a lot of time focusing on a family you apparently don't seem to like for some reason. The Middletons really bother you, huh?

You think Donna should have skipped her grandfather's funeral to go to St. Barths? Is this the "British culture" family values you speak of?

She joined them in St. Barth after the funeral. Then when James and Pippa flew home for their sister's birthday, Donna flew to Mexico for her friend's wedding. Seems like they all have their priorities straight.

I can't see anything wrong with that photo and to suggest there is just disgusting. So when your children are married they are not meant to spend together. Unless your royal.

I just posted a link to a Daily Mail photo. Is there something wrong with it?

The British Royal Family is an institution of traditions. Calendars. Schedules. Timetables. Protocol. Christmas Eve and Day is spent with the queen's immediate family which includes her children, their spouses, and their grandchildren. She does invite Princess Margaret's children and spouses who come about every other year. She no longer invites the cousins and that is why she has the luncheon at Buckingham Palace. All of this is a matter of public record.

William and Kate are expected to be there as members of the queen's immediate family. This is no surprise and something the Middletons should have been prepared for during the years as they planned for Kate to marry a prince. Carole and Mike can still have a family Christmas at their very nice home. Their two single adult children can join them and any significant others they might have at the time. It isn't as though they will be alone. And Kate and William can join them, if they wish, the day after Christmas. That's what Camilla does. She leaves Sandringham the day after Christmas to be with her children and grandchildren, who spend Christmas in their own homes rather than tagging along behind the queen's party.

Kate and Will don't have to always spend Xmas with the Queen and indeed haven't. But anyway this was Kate's birthday and it was a church service. Kate is allowed to spend time with whoever she wants and you better all get use to it because once the Queen has passed things will be very different IMO

All I can really say at this point is that if the Middleton/Windsor "in law" situation is dysfunctional, they sure know how to put the fun part in rather well. :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm not gonna lie. I happen to love all of this. It drives the hate Kate brigade around the bend and they can't do anything about it.

Its great for a laugh. I wish the Queen would give Carole a damehood just for the sh*ts and giggles

If the Queen didn't want them there, they wouldn't be there. End of story.

The continual carping about the Middletons baffles me, it truly does. At least the Middletons haven't been allowed to undertake engagements as if they were royal themselves. Remember that time Princess Mary's parents actually undertook an official engagement with Charles and Camilla in Denmark? With no Danish royal present at all?

Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Denmark - Pictures - Zimbio

Mary's father actually shovelled some earth in after C&C when they were doing the official royal tree planting! Imagine the outrage if the Middletons visited a church in the UK as part of an official engagement of a foreign royal? Standing inside the cordon, helping plant the commemorative tree, for all intents and purposes representing the Queen?

Some people need to have a word with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom