The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there likely has been action behind the scenes. Something along the lines of either you retract the story and apologize or we sue. I think this is a smart way to handle stuff like this. Be civil at first but come down like a hammer if it continues. Hopefully DM editors have the intelligence to know they got off easy this time.

Nothing pleases the British press more than a good marital scandal, even if they have to make it up!

WOW the DM giving apologies ? Isn't the sign of an upcoming apocalypse ?
Must have been a helluva of strong denial from Kensington palace to obtain such a thing.

It make no sense to write a story like that anyway.

WOW the DM giving apologies ? Isn't the sign of an upcoming apocalypse ?
Must have been a helluva of strong denial from Kensington palace to obtain such a thing.

I don't think that KP had anything to do with this. I think that as the comments were against Carole and the undermining of the Middleton marriage, the Middletons would take this on.

IMO it would have been a mistake for KP to be involved.

I don't think that KP had anything to do with this. I think that as the comments were against Carole and the undermining of the Middleton marriage, the Middletons would take this on.

IMO it would have been a mistake for KP to be involved.

My first gut reaction was that the Middleton's had their family lawyer contact the Daily Mail on their behalf. When you really want to sound serious, nothing says it better than someone very versed in laying out strict terms and conditions.

Another example of how they behave impeccably. This made up story was solely about carole, her supposed actions, and the result to her marriage. She and her marriage were being libeled, nothing to do with the Cambridges, really, so she took them on. Bravo

Could someone tell me of any documented proof of just how many times has Carol stayed at Kate and Williams' homes over night since their marriage? As a grandmother [a few times] I went anytime one of my daughter's asked me to help [3 weeks straight after each grandchild's birth]. My mother did the same for me and then the next 2 weeks my mother-in-law stayed to help. It is what mothers do for their child. We help.

I'm glad to see that she finally chose to speak up and put a stop to this type of speculation.

She did not speak up, it is the DM that clarified, i.e. accepted its article was wrong.

She could have spoken thru her lawyers requesting a correction. I doubt the Mail would just say "our bad" on its own.

Tons of stuff have been printed about Carole that was wrong- meeting the Queen at Sandhurst and using the unposh words of toilet (wrong- never met until after Kate was engaged), remember the Carole in the delivery room for George- that didn't happen.

She is the easiest one to pick on with her background. They can't find anyone to say a bad thing about Mike so they go with the woman that got above her station angle. If W&K didn't enjoy spending time with her family, then they wouldn't. They don't need their money.

Winnie- there isn't any known documented stays. We can assume that they stayed at Amner last Christmas but there aren't pictures of them walking through the door. William was spotted after George was born in Wales with Carole seeing her of on the train so she spent sometime at the Wales farmhouse. However, when George was born, WK went to the Middleton house and stayed there since Apt 1a wasn't done yet and of course Kate would want her mum close with her first baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't know, we really haven't seen Carole at the Cambridge's homes. Obviously she visits, but none of us have seen Carole there because that's private family time. I just think the media have driven this narrative that Carole has forced her way into Catherine's own family and marriage. I just don't think that's true, and I think it's good that it's being corrected in the media.

I happen to think it's down to the class issue, but I also think the media want to keep the story of Carole being the pushy mother and now grandmother. They have driven this same story literally from the beginning of Catherine and William's relationship.

I had misread the article and thought the DM suggested Kate had trouble in her marriage because of Carole... it seems it was suggesting it was Carole who had problems with Michael... In that case, she did the right thing to try to defend herself, probably via legal ways.

They were attacking her and her marriage alone, so defending herself would not involve the Cambridges at all.

She did not speak up, it is the DM that clarified, i.e. accepted its article was wrong.

You know darn well that a news media of that caliber would never back down for a scandal story if not under pressure to correct. They live for stirring the crap to see who will fall for it and laugh about their lies that suckers believe.

They were attacking her and her marriage alone, so defending herself would not involve the Cambridges at all.

but i would be sure she would run in by W&K (and appropriate people at KP) before she did anything so as to not to misstep

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 7m7 minutes ago City of London, London
Michael and Carole Middleton were among the guests in the royal box on Centre Court at Wimbledon today.

I was going to make some outraged feminist remark about Ruth Styles' suggestion that Carole and Camilla would be discussing some stereotypically female/grandmotherly subject like clothing and babies and christenings when they could just as easily have been talking about sex or politics or rock and roll, or well, anything at all, really. But I decided not to. :D

I was going to make some outraged feminist remark about Ruth Styles' suggestion that Carole and Camilla would be discussing some stereotypically female/grandmotherly subject like clothing and babies and christenings when they could just as easily have been talking about sex or politics or rock and roll, or well, anything at all, really. But I decided not to. :D

:ROFLMAO: The conversations could've been about anything indeed.

I think Camilla was bragging about how Andy Murray threw her his sweaty wristband. Envious Carole is clearly plotting how to nick it off her. Those council-house born folks are expert "fingersmiths". ;)

Judging by Carole's sour face, maybe she decided first to turn up at Wimbledon with Michael as a way to deny the Daily Fail's allegation of a marital crisis...;):ROFLMAO::p:whistling:

So the logic is because it happened for Lord Snowden, it WILL happen for the Middletons. And Charles will do it so that Pippa and James can have titles. Rubbish. I doubt Charles worries about Pippa and James much at all.

Well, and Lord Snowden was marrying the sister of the Queen, and the then fourth in line to the throne.

The Middletons are the parents of someone who married into the royal family. It's totally different and this is a rubbish tabloid item best ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think it'll happen either. If Charles was to offer an earldom to Michael Middleton, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would also offer some kind of a title to Sophie's father?

I don't think it'll happen either. If Charles was to offer an earldom to Michael Middleton, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would also offer some kind of a title to Sophie's father?
In a way, yes. But in another way, the Middletons are grandparents to a future king. But I don't think it will be done. If it would be I think it would happen when they got married`? Or maybe when William become prince of Wales? Meh, I don't think it will happen. Not needed.

At the time of wedding, Tony Armstrong-Jones turned down the earldom. He didn't accept it until Margaret got pregnant with David. Fast forward several years to Mark and Anne who had the same situation and offer of an Earldom and turned it down.

I don't think Mike and Carole would want a peerage. They get enough flak already and that would just attract more scrutiny and hatred.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tightrope though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.

Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tightrope though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.

I think the courtiers have other things to worry about, and don't particularly care about Catherine's family, especially since the said family hasn't put a foot wrong. The Middletons know better than to do something stupid. Must be another slow day for the DM.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The media does this on purpose, they throw out some ridiculous story lines and see what sticks. Ignore it and it will go away, for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom