The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that bullies like to pick on women too, easier targets.
The middle tons made their own way before Camilla's son was out of school. To say that he would have got as far as he had without those connections is really dreaming! There are so many who are talented but few get through and get to let their light shine

The Middletons have been in business for years and a probably leaders in their field - which is middle of the road, self catering style parties. Good for them and they are entitled to continue making their way in the world.

Agree. :ermm: I don't understand the disapproval.

Also, after reading all this I called up a British acquaintance (ex-pat) who lives near-by and she said she doesn't see it that way. Everyone is fine with the Middletons (she says). But there are still class issues for some people. So that's what I'm being told: if the Middletons are criticized it's usually to do with class issues. My friend tells me that if the Queen did not approve, Carole would not do it. In her view, whatever the Middletons do, passes muster with the Queen, ever before it's done. That's her view. One view from a British ex-pat.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of the comments already stated.

To say that they are pretty unpopular family in Britain...when the population of the United Kingdom is 64 million people...I gotta ask..has a survey been done that we must have missed to prove how unpopular the Middleton's are:whistling:

There are a lot of [to use a phrase I hate] haters out there who hate the Middleton's for a variety of reasons...a lot of them not legitimate IMO. Who dislike them for not knowing their place, for being financial secure, for being business owners, etc. Carole is an easy target because she clearly has forgotten her roots.:whistling: The whole situation reminds me of something Amy Pholer said to Ben Affleck when hosting the Golden Globes. Something along the lines of I'm from Boston to....and you aren't better than me. I think a lot of the haters hate on the Midlleton because in their eyes, she isn't better than them. And she isn't...just richer than most.

I find the concept that they should not sell products that they have sold prior to their daughter's marriage or not taking advantage of publicizing their business because it looks bad on their daughter, well to be blunt......pretty ridiculous.

IMO if that the case....if we hold them to a higher stand that the PoW or the Queen....and they can't sell Princess party plates for example because goodness gracious...their granddaughter is a Princess....and they are clearly captalizing on their relationship....than they should be compensated for loss revenue.

Royal reporter Rob Jobson was on TV in Oz this moring talking about the Royals at the Chelsea Flower Show.

He had a chat with the Queen's grand-daughter Zara, and said she was there "flogging someone's lawn-mower".

Another example that Mrs Middleton's new endeavour is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
The issue I have with Carole's writing career, is she is suppose to be writing for the publication but instead there was no article. It was just a few sentences and links to websites mostly hers. The pictures had little to do with the text.

If Carole had actually written an article, it would be a different story.

I see no problem with a party supply store selling princess related items.

I also see no problem, if she was interviewed for an article about her company and they provided a link to her website.

The issue I have with Carole's writing career, is she is suppose to be writing for the publication but instead there was no article. It was just a few sentences and links to websites mostly hers. The pictures had little to do with the text.

If Carole had actually written an article, it would be a different story.

I see no problem with a party supply store selling princess related items.

I also see no problem, if she was interviewed for an article about her company and they provided a link to her website.

So Carole isn't supposed to advertise her product like every other person that runs a business does. As someone else said she had it long before Will was on the scene so to say how she can run it now is just plain rude. None of our golly business.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Royal reporter Rob Jobson was on TV in Oz this moring talking about the Royals at the Chelsea Flower Show.

He had a chat with the Queen's grand-daughter Zara, and said she was there "flogging someone's lawn-mower".

Another example that Mrs Middleton's new endeavour is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Both Peter and Zara were being paid to attend the flower show. Just two of many examples of the Queen's immediate blood relatives making a commercial living but the Middletons are not allowed to do the same apparently.

Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Michael Middleton!!!

They are not part of the british royal family but I hope Michael and Carole have spent a wonderful anniversary together...

Never seen that much criticism directed by either public or media at Mike (who, by the way, came from a middleclass background) and only in a minor way towards James. It's Carole who draws the ire of most, followed by Pippa, who seems to be regarded as a bit of a publicity hound.

I'm well aware that the people (royal or not) who are the subject of these threads are going to get on with their lives whether ANY of us approve or not. However, this is an opinion-based forum is it not? In the end, I'm giving my opinion.

I agree that we all have the right to our own opinion. So mine is, I was recently in Britain and went out of my way to ask friends and their friends their personal opinion of Catherine's family. They seem to admire them for just getting on with their lives even though the media is constantly up their backs. No matter what they do, the news will find fault so they just don't let it affect their tight knit family. I don't believe that they force the public media to follow them, but they can't very well flip them off, can they? Just smile at camera and get on with event is the proper well brought up thing to do. Media really has their nose out of joint by the fact that the queen has even welcomed them when other in-laws have not been given the same nod. It was said that William insisted that his new family not be ignored. Even Charles and Camilla enjoy Carol and Mike. As long as they commit no scandals and make their own money to enjoy a lovely middleclass life, good for them. Would we all want another Fergie?

They can sea the finish line! Pippa and James Middleton complete the 54-mile London to Brighton bike ride-
Pippa and James Middleton complete the 54-mile London to Brighton bike ride | Daily Mail Online

Also in the race is Pippa's good pals James Matthews and Jons Bartholdson. I love that Pippa has so many close male friends, most notably: George Percy, James Matthews, Tom Kingston, Jons Bartholdson, Ted Innes-Kerr, and Benjamin Fitzherbert. Of course the tabloid media likes to call half of them her exes - when they're just friends!

It's like poor Chelsy/Jacobi and William/Jecca they've had to put up with constant innuendo about their friendship, when all they ever had was platonic love for one another. I suppose even The Queen isn't spared with all the Lord Porchester rumors.

Anyways, congrats to Pippa, James and friends for racing for such a worthy cause. And a happy anniversary to Mike and Carole.

The Queen may prefer the Middletons over other in-laws because there are no scandals. From college thru dating and into marriage.

Although I don't think the Queen is around Catherine's family all that much, it is more than the time she ever spent with Anne's in-laws or Edward's in-laws.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5h5 hours ago
Carole Middleton has got a correction to a newspaper story that claimed she'd moved into Anmer Hall for a month, causing marital problems.

I don't know why the media like messing around with Carole and try to make it seem like she's a forceful presence in her daughter's marriage. Although, I think it's done due the class issue. You'd think it would be praised that Catherine have a lovingly close and supportive family and that William adore his in-laws. You couldn't necessarily say that about the late Princess of Wales and the current Prince of Wales's family life.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5h5 hours ago
Carole Middleton has got a correction to a newspaper story that claimed she'd moved into Anmer Hall for a month, causing marital problems.

I don't know why the media like messing around with Carole and try to make it seem like she's a forceful presence in her daughter's marriage. Although, I think it's done due the class issue. You'd think it would be praised that Catherine have a lovingly close and supportive family and that William adore his in-laws. You couldn't necessarily say that about the late Princess of Wales and the current Prince of Wales's family life.

I think Carole has put up with the same rumours for years (her interference in the marriage, her staying too much time at her daughter's current house etc) and now she can't take it any longer and intervened...

I wish the papers would write something interesting and more appealing for the readers than the same old story, whether it is true or not... The public have been told this since 2011... It is getting annoying, and quite franky, boring... enough with the stories of a clingy mommy moving in with her daughter's new family... I got it. :whistling:

I think Carole has put up with the same rumours for years (her interference in the marriage, her staying too much time at her daughter's current house etc) and now she can't take it any longer and intervened...

I wish the papers would write something interesting and more appealing for the readers than the same old story, whether it is true or not... The public have been told this since 2011... It is getting annoying, and quite franky, boring... enough with the stories of a clingy mommy moving in with her daughter's new family... I got it. :whistling:

I just find it all rather silly and very much unnecessary. I'm not sure some members of the media is all that interested in the truth and want to be fair and honest in their writing. It's all about driving a juicy and more exciting narrative.

I just find it all rather silly and very much unnecessary. I'm not sure some members of the media is all that interested in the truth and want to be fair and honest in their writing. It's all about driving a juicy and more exciting narrative.

IMO I think a part of truth may be there ( it is my opinion :flowers:). Having said this, I am rather glad Carol stepped in and tried to defend herself because I get the feeling media didn't expect her to do it... They have been convinced all this time the Middletons wouldn't do anything since they have been pretty silent these years (well, except for Pippa and James, but thye actually haven't revealed anything). And now that Carole made herself get heard I hope some media feel ashamed of having not cut a fine figure with this all.

Happy, stable , loving families are not tabloid fodder. The media is trying to stir up trouble and the public can relate to in laws problems. I see many tabloid headlines about the queen disapproving etc, it is laughable

IMO I think a part of truth may be there ( it is my opinion :flowers:). Having said this, I am rather glad Carol stepped in and tried to defend herself because I get the feeling media didn't expect her to do it... They have been convinced all this time the Middletons wouldn't do anything since they have been pretty silent these years (well, except for Pippa and James, but thye actually haven't revealed anything). And now that Carole made herself get heard I hope some media feel ashamed of having not cut a fine figure with this all.

I have no doubt that as a loving and supportive mother and grandmother, Carole is there to help when she can. That's what grandmothers do. I know that's what my grandmothers did. That's all very natural.

I have no doubt that as a loving and supportive mother and grandmother, Carole is there to help when she can. That's what grandmothers do. I know that's what my grandmothers did. That's all very natural.

I have a different opinion on this, but I simply commented on the bad press;). We'll have to agree to disagree on that matter...
I didn't want it to be brought up...

I have a different opinion on this, but I simply commented on the bad press;). We'll have to agree to disagree on that matter...
I didn't want it to be brought up...

Oh I didn't know we disagreed on that.

From where I come from, grandmothers are the backbones of the family. They never interfere with one's family, but they are there when they are needed. That's how I see Carole. I just think she's a loving mother and grandmother, but it's Catherine who's got everything down in her own household. It's the media that try to drive a more different and forceful narrative.

Also, Carole runs her family business. She's far too busy to do the things the media would like most to think.

Last edited:
Oh I didn't know we disagreed on that.

From where I come from, grandmothers are the backbones of the family. They never interfere with one's family, but they are there when they are needed. That's how I see Carole. I just think she's a loving mother and grandmother, but it's Catherine who's got everything down in her own household. It's the media that try to drive a more different and forceful narrative.

Also, Carole runs her family business. She's far too busy to do the things the media would like most to think.

I agree with you on strong and backbones granmothers... I had a loving experience myself too! I just think that there is a bit of truth about the fact that Carole seems to be in that houshold too much... But I hate how the press spin it and try to make up stories around it... That's it:flowers:

I agree with you on strong and backbones granmothers... I had a loving experience myself too! I just think that there is a bit of truth about the fact that Carole seems to be in that houshold too much... But I hate how the press spin it and try to make up stories around it... That's it:flowers:

I don't know, we really haven't seen Carole at the Cambridge's homes. Obviously she visits, but none of us have seen Carole there because that's private family time. I just think the media have driven this narrative that Carole has forced her way into Catherine's own family and marriage. I just don't think that's true, and I think it's good that it's being corrected in the media.

I happen to think it's down to the class issue, but I also think the media want to keep the story of Carole being the pushy mother and now grandmother. They have driven this same story literally from the beginning of Catherine and William's relationship.

I don't know, we really haven't seen Carole at the Cambridge's homes. Obviously she visits, but none of us have seen Carole there because that's private family time. I just think the media have driven this narrative that Carole has forced her way into Catherine's own family and marriage. I just don't think that's true, and I think it's good that it's being corrected in the media.

I happen to think it's down to the class issue, but I also think the media want to keep the story of Carole being the pushy mother and now grandmother. They have driven this same story literally from the beginning of Catherine and William's relationship.

I absolutely agree. Even she is quoted as saying that she realized she was the "weak link". I also suspect that much of this is also down to pure, old fashioned jealousy. The Middletons have behaved impeccably and I think it drives certain members of the media crazy.:ermm:

I absolutely agree. Even she is quoted as saying that she realized she was the "weak link". I also suspect that much of this is also down to pure, old fashioned jealousy. The Middletons have behaved impeccably and I think it drives certain members of the media crazy.:ermm:

It drives me crazy, because when it came down to Catherine's late mother-in-law, she didn't necessarily have the loving, close and supportive family to back her up and be there when she needed them. I happen to think that lack of support is what left her alone and isolated. Catherine is very fortunate to have the caring, fun and supportive family around her.

From what I'm seeing, Carole is there but not in a forceful and unwelcoming way. I just think if the media want Catherine to be a successful wife, mother, future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort, they should at least appreciate her supportive family background and hope it's enough to help her carry on in her royal role. I also don't see William having a problem with his mother-in-law and family. He made his appreciation for the Middleton's very clear in their engagement interview.

I also agree.
Carole would have to be another Machiavelli to do half the things she's been accused of doing, and I can't see why she would even bother!

William and Kate have been together over a decade, have two children, and seem determined to maintain a closeness with the Middleton family. I don't see how anyone even could compel them to do so if they weren't willing.

This is the Correction

An article on May 9 said that, following Princess Charlotte’s birth, Carole Middleton would be living at Anmer Hall for a month where she would be running the household, and that this was causing tensions in her marriage. We are happy to clarify that Mrs Middleton had no plans to move in, or run the household and that there were no such tensions in her marriage. We apologise for suggesting otherwise.

Read more: Clarifications and corrections for Tuesday 30th June 2015 | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm glad to see that she finally chose to speak up and put a stop to this type of speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom