The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: You're right. That's a helluva lot of luggage for two adults for a week or so for a beach holiday with family on an island. What have they got in there? :)

Maybe they were bringing their grandson's favourite big toys.

Mrs Middleton looks good in her trendy gear - you can look smart in anything if you have a good figure.

Absolutely!
I tend to think well of Carole; she's kept her figure, and most of her looks.
I find that admirable.

I too thought it was too much luggage.

The luggage Carole was pulling was enough for 2 for 2 weeks.

Hmm, regarding the luggage it all looks about right to me. For a week's holiday, an individual needs a case for clothes, one for shoes, and a holdall for toiletries, lap-top cables, camera, books etc. If a formal event is included, add a suit carrier. That's three to four pieces of luggage to check in, leaving hands free for the duty free!

They seem to be taking so much luggage - even if they are there for two weeks, not just one.

I had one case and one backpack for two seasons in Europe last year - from a summer evening gown, evening bag and shoes to metal attachments to tackle hiking in snow - and my backpack was just medication! :lol:

Thirteen countries, three plus months travel, mostly on public transport - perhaps I should send them some packing tips. :lol:

Mrs Middleton looks good in her trendy gear - you can look smart in anything if you have a good figure.

I am quite amused that we seem to be running out of things to criticise the Middletons for, so we are now picking on the amount of (their own) luggage they take when they do on holiday. :)

I wasn't criticizing just commenting on the amount of luggage.

I have traveled for several weeks with only a carry-on.

The carry-on held everything including a hair dry, an iron, clothes for both winter and summer with extra shoes so seeing that much for a few weeks in the sun seems like a lot.

My luggage also contained soap, dry detergent and a full bottle of shampoo. This was in the days when you can travel with liquids.

I still use this carry-on and I always carried a full size cloth carry-on folded inside.

Last edited:
I am quite amused that we seem to be running out of things to criticise the Middletons for, so we are now picking on the amount of (their own) luggage they take when they do on holiday. :)

Exactly:flowers:

One would assume that they are paying for their extra bags, they aren't rolling around in fancy, expensive luggage [which I assume they can afford since] nor are they too good to pull their own luggage [and not engaging the use of a porter]. Wait a minute...I think I found something...how dare they not use a porter....someone at Gatwick is not getting a tip because they decided to carry their own bags. Did you read the comments in the Daily Mail....just when you thought the comments couldn't get any worst.:ohmy:

I wasn't criticizing just commenting on the amount of luggage.

I have traveled for several weeks with only a carry on.

The carry on held everything including a hair dry, an iron, clothes for both winter and summer with extra shoes so seeing that much for a few weeks in the sun seems like a lot.

You sound like one of my best friends....she recruits for a university..so she is used to traveling...and can do a lot with one suitcase. If Carole is anything like me..or how I used to be...than she has over packed. Better to be prepared while on vacation than not to have a specific item. Now after being friends with my friend...I have tailored back my packing....its not as bad...but it could be better.

Last edited:
My husband and I travel about 26 weeks a year (we go home between trips). We carry about as much luggage as the Middletons do, because of my husband's business.

One suitcase holds a printer, a fax machine, cables, converters, adapters, printer paper, files, etc., plus his watercolor kit and easel and two pillows! We carry three computers and a Kindle in our carry-ons. We need casual clothes, evening clothes, and semi-dressy clothing for various occasions, and of course, shoes, hiking boots, etc.

There is no particular virtue in traveling light, although it would be easier- but we wouldn't have the things we need. I would imagine that the Middletons need to be able to conduct business while they are away.

Something that's occurred to me is that perhaps with the Middletons making this trip to Mustique yearly, they have a time share type plan for the villa that they stay at. It very well could be possible that when they go there, they supply their own linens and towels. I've heard of this happening. It very well could add on to the baggage they took with them.

Something that's occurred to me is that perhaps with the Middletons making this trip to Mustique yearly, they have a time share type plan for the villa that they stay at. It very well could be possible that when they go there, they supply their own linens and towels. I've heard of this happening. It very well could add on to the baggage they took with them.

Perhaps. I just don't think the Cambridge's and Middleton's are creative when it comes to vacation destinations.

Last edited:
Hmm, regarding the luggage it all looks about right to me. For a week's holiday, an individual needs a case for clothes, one for shoes, and a holdall for toiletries, lap-top cables, camera, books etc. If a formal event is included, add a suit carrier. That's three to four pieces of luggage to check in, leaving hands free for the duty free!

:previous:I'm with you :lol: That seems about right to me for two people for two weeks (as I recall). I doubt they run around in cut off jeans and t-shirts.:flowers:

Perhaps. I just don't think the Cambridge's and Middleton's are creative when it comes to vacation destinations.

They have also gone skiing, but with Kate pregnant 2 out the last 3 years, it takes that out. Maybe once the kids are older they will do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Snippets of information about the birthday party for the Duchess of Cambridge's mother are trickling out.

EOnline is naming the two singers who will be providing the entertainment, along with a jazz band, for the thirty guests.

Also named is the barman from the hotel at which the Duchess and her family stayed for the Royal Wedding - the Goring - who they say is to fly out shortly to help with the drinks. (Alongside Basil himself, from Mustique's "Basil's Bar".)

A special mocktail is to be prepared for the Duchess - ice, pineapple juice, passionfruit and maple spice.

A four course dinner - and a special champagne cocktail for Mrs Middleton are also noted.

Other reports have named some of the invited guests - one being the boss of Pippa's boyfriend.

(Though he is reported as not being among the guests, along with brother James' girlfriend and Mrs Middleton's brother.)

Last edited:
What was the video for ??
Was it a advert or something ?

What was the video for ??
Was it a advert or something ?

James Middleton was doing a photoshoot for TYD, (The Young Director), which is an iPAD based business, fashion and lifestyle magazine for the under 30s.

More importantly, I now know how to tie a bow-tie!

I'm not informed at all on the family's work but is it true that James Middleton went bankrupt?

Wishing Mrs. Carole Middleton a very Happy 60th Birthday!
Inside Carole Middleton's 60th Jubilee | Daily Mail Online

Turns out the Daily Mail lied about Carole having a birthday jubilee. Check out this tweet from a Mustique resident. Here's what he wrote in case you can't click.

For example,the Big Party tonight is for a 70 year old businessman,NOT for Carole M.Hers was several days ago,and was small and discreet

https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/561581402031128576

I don't know why the Mail continues to make up random lies about Carole. It's becoming a creepy game on their part.

BTW, John Cleese is a famous actor/comedian, in case you doubt his validity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wishing to deny Carole Middleton a birthday greeting, but can someone tell me when Carole Middleton joined the Royal Family ....

Well, Carole is both mother-in-law and grandmother of future Kings and this thread is specific for the Family, Wealth and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge.

No one is saying Carole is royal.

I don't know why the Mail continues to make up random lies about Carole. It's becoming a creepy game on their part.

Because it is provocative!
They want to present Carole as a Machiavellian type who forced William to marry her daughter, just so she could connect her family to the RF.

(Never mind the fact that no one compels William to do anything!)

It's sad that the DM journalists feel the need to make Carole and the rest of the Middleton family out to be bad people. I think it's down to snobbery and the class issue. They are also trying to make it seem like Charles is bothered by William's relationship with his in-laws. I'm sure he's glad that his son have a loving and close family of his own.

Nearly every thread on here refers to the DM and how terrible they are as if they are in control of everyone thoughts and opinion
Don't read it then you won't get upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom