The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the children are away: Carole Middleton enjoys day at the races as red rose Pippa dazzles at friend’s wedding
As Pippa Middleton dazzled at a wedding in Scotland yesterday afternoon, her mother Carole showcased her own style as she enjoyed a day at the races yesterday afternoon. Prince William's mother-in-law joined friends at the exclusive Veuve Clicquot Owners & Trainers bar at Newbury Races to watch racehorse of the moment Frankel deliver another flawless performance. Mrs Middleton looked smart in a camel brown V-neck dress, cut above the knee and paired with a black tailored jacket.

All aboard! Queen invites Middletons on her royal river party to celebrate Diamond Jubilee | Mail Online

The Middleton family have been invited by the Queen to join the royal party at the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. The Duchess of Cambridge’s parents Michael and Carole will sail on the Elizabethan, a replica 1890s Mississippi paddle steamer, at the event on June 3, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Although the duchess and husband William will be accompanying the Queen on a gilded barge, it is expected that the Middletons’ other children, Pippa and James, will join them on the Elizabethan.

Well the Queen has invited Carole and Michael Middleton - as well as Sophie's Dad - to ride in the carriages at Ascot in the past. So there's no real reason to think she won't invite Sophie's Dad along on one of the barges. The Queen is said to be very close to Sophie.

This is a lovely gesture. Demonstrates yet again that Her Majesty is very supportive of her grandson's choice and wants Catherine's family to feel involved and welcomed.

Well the Queen has invited Carole and Michael Middleton - as well as Sophie's Dad - to ride in the carriages at Ascot in the past. So there's no real reason to think she won't invite Sophie's Dad along on one of the barges. The Queen is said to be very close to Sophie.

I agree with you. Her Majesty is very fond of the Countess of Wessex, and it would be very lovely to see Mr. Rhys-Jones on one of the barges during the Jubilee Pageant.

Well I was wondering if Catherines parents would be invited to be a part of the celebrations. Im glad to know they will be. Afterall, they are the parents of the future Queen of England. Im glad they are not being left out.

Duchess of Cambridge's parents take 'adult’ approach to the internet
When Michael and Carole Middleton began selling mini-skirted French maid outfits and other risqué fancy-dress costumes, it was clear that they were no prudes. Now, the Duchess of Cambridge’s parents have demonstrated that they take a broad-minded approach to the worldwide web.
Mandrake can disclose that the couple’s mail-order company, Party Pieces, has signed a highly lucrative deal with a German internet giant to take advantage of the interest in their firm, which has increased hugely since their daughter married Prince William. Under the terms of the deal, the Middletons will pay any website that brings business to their company. They have stated that they are happy for firms selling “adult” products or services to benefit.

From the front the house reminds me of one of the houses used as the set for the house of the Bennets in 'Pride and Prejudice'. Maybe it was even 'Lost In Austen'. :p

But it makes sense to me - the family must be desperate for privacy. I wondered why they weren't moving into a house they could make a refuge.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning in her red outfit yesterday ! Even her umbrella matched her outfit !

I was a bit shocked to hear they are going to move, as they just went to all the trouble to have plans approved to have their house attachment added on too..but who knows if any of this is true at all...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sion-expand-1-5million-family-home-annex.html

Last edited:
Maybe they'll keep one house for themselves and the other for the children to use - sort of a guest house.

I see nothing wrong with this scenario, and there's no reason why William shouldn't help out his in-laws especially if it benefits the family all around.

Last edited:
I want to know how they even know this information. I doubt either party would be inclined to tell their friends about it. It sounds like an educated guess to me.

It's not that surprising after the Middletons had such problems getting the building permits for the additions they wanted to do to their existing property. Although I do believe they were finally given permission, it was a PR mess and obviously wasn't going to be met kindly the next time. This is a better solution, and I'm sure William wants his children to have a very secure and private environment at his in laws. He obviously loves that family and wants his children to have a comfortable environment that fits the security needs necessary.

Why do the DM and the Telegraph think this is any of our business? If they don't feel safe in their current home; which is understandable given that we've heard stories of people walking up to their front door and loitering at the end of their drive; then they should move. Who cares if William is helping them financially or not? They're just as much a part of his family as the royals.

If the above article - specifically where it quotes Carole Middleton in 2008 - is to be believed, then the Middletons are concerned for all 3 of their children. While there are certainly benefits to being in-laws of a future King, there are also undoubtedly drawbacks - and chief among the drawbacks would be the loss of your family's privacy.

William has shown that he is committed to having a good relationship with his wife's side of the family. And since strong family relationships enhance good marriages, I say good for him.

I'd like to read the interview from 2008. Does anyone have a link?

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Michael and Carole Middleton will be in the royal carriage procession at Ascot today.

The Middletons are about to step over the threshold of a grand new residence.

Read more: As they trade up to a £4.7m home, how much cash are Kate's parents making out of their royal links? | Mail Online

I am thrilled for them! I have always wondered why this hadn't happened sooner. Makes complete sense to me - particularly because of the need for safety and privacy. It looks like they have lucked-out with a gorgeous place - right where they have lived all these years. Perfect.

It's also occurred to me with all this discussion of why William and Kate are not buying a country house - that this, in effect, is their country house. The couple will come here for some of their country vacations. What better place for Kate to come with her children to be totally relaxed, surrounded by her close-knit family, when William is off and away - and one day Pippa's children and James', too, if either are so inclined.

A good move in my book. :flowers:

P.S. Stranger than strange - what do people make of the 'anti-monarchist tract' on Party Pieces On-Line mentioned in the article? A bit odd.

Last edited:
The Good and the Bad. Their business has improved, good. They will all be hounded by the press for the rest of their lives, bad. As long as there is a balance, and it works for them, I hope they are all happy. After all it is their daughter, and after all these years, they are pasted the Prince thing. They think the boy is good. There name is out there. Speculation will follow them on every thing. The Middletons just need to stay above board and ignore it which it crops up, and it always will.

There's a new face for James Middleton's cake business!
According to Richard Kay, Katie Readman (who once partnered with Lady Natasha Rufus-Isaacs in the company Beulah) is now posing for James.

In the article she mentions that it's weird to find her bikini-clad picture on cupcakes, but said she agreed because he is such a close friend.

Wonder whether she gets paid by the cake?

Pippa and James Middleton are in the royal box today at Wimbledon to see Serena Williams play Melinda Czink. Just saw them on tv!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom