The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article these days mentioning that the Middleton's have sought permission to build an additional "granny's flat" and a home office as annexe to their garage. I thought on reading that that this is probably to house the security officers of William and Catherine during their stays with Catherine's parents - but now I could imagine it is to house the Middleton's security staff or at least a gardener's lodgings where someone lives who is employed to take care of gardening and "receives" such uninvited visitors.

There was an article these days mentioning that the Middleton's have sought permission to build an additional "granny's flat" and a home office as annexe to their garage. I thought on reading that that this is probably to house the security officers of William and Catherine during their stays with Catherine's parents - but now I could imagine it is to house the Middleton's security staff or at least a gardener's lodgings where someone lives who is employed to take care of gardening and "receives" such uninvited visitors.

My first thought matched yours - that the addition will provide an office and place to stay for the security officers for the Duke and Duchess.

the people who showed up were just two little girls who wanted to give some gifts to pippa. nothing harmful and i can't understand why someone would be upset by it.
unfortunately, all this comes with fame, as do other many positive things. i guess both kate and her family evaluated the positives and negatives before the engagement and they were all happy with what it would involve before they took the next step.

The problem is that the Middletons have no idea that these girls are harmless. I would imagine having strangers coming up to your door all the time would be a bit frightening as well as annoying.

I have no problem with them wanting to give a gift to Pippa. But, send the gift by post, don't walk up to their door! I do not understand this whole idea that the Middletons have to give up their privacy because their daughter married Prince William. What happened to common courtesy and manners?

Must come in the wake of modern times, that people believe they have a right to get in touch to anyone they feel like.

That's why so many stars like to live in Switzerland - because here they do not get asked for fotos or autograms or what ever all the time.

I would want to see them, if unasked strangers would show up at there door all the time.. who would be keen on that?

Unfortunately, all this comes with fame, as do other many positive things. i guess both kate and her family evaluated the positives and negatives before the engagement and they were all happy with what it would involve before they took the next step.

That's an assumption. We don't know if they were 'all happy' at all with the changes they bargained for - never mind the changes they didn't bargain for.

A question: are the Middletons being particularly focused on because - why? Other handsome children still unmarried? Middle-class - like 'us'? Because I don't recall - though I was not on TRF then - Sarah Fergerson's or Diana Spencer's or Sophie Rhys' families having to put up with media attention solely because of their new royal connections - or am I mistaken?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that the Middletons have no idea that these girls are harmless. I would imagine having strangers coming up to your door all the time would be a bit frightening as well as annoying.

I have no problem with them wanting to give a gift to Pippa. But, send the gift by post, don't walk up to their door! I do not understand this whole idea that the Middletons have to give up their privacy because their daughter married Prince William. What happened to common courtesy and manners?

I agree; that's a scary situation to have perfect strangers come to your door and try to hand you what they say is a gift, even if those girls seemed harmless. The next visitors may not be. The fact that people unknown to the Middletons are aware of where they live and feel entitled to drop in on them is a no-no in my book. And where's the common sense of the mother who supposedly dropped the teenagers off at the house? I wouldn't want to be encouraging my child to go uninvited to a stranger's home; just because you have access to their property doesn't mean you should take advantage of that. Now that their daughter is a royal, this is a different playing field. I'm sure the Middletons will now have to deal with what could be the beginning of security breaches and will have to take steps to ensure their privacy and safety.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, all this comes with fame, as do other many positive things. i guess both kate and her family evaluated the positives and negatives before the engagement and they were all happy with what it would involve before they took the next step.

That's an assumption. We don't know if they were 'all happy' at all with the changes they bargained for - never mind the changes they didn't bargain for.

A question: are the Middletons being particularly focused on because - why? Other handsome children still unmarried? Middle-class - like 'us'? Because I don't recall - though I was not on TRF then - Sarah Fergerson's or Diana Spencer's or Sophie Rhys' families having to put up with media attention solely because of their new royal connections - or am I mistaken?

I agree; that's a scary situation to have perfect strangers come to your door and try to hand you what they say is a gift, even if those girls seemed harmless. The next visitors may not be. The fact that people unknown to the Middletons are aware of where they live and feel entitled to drop in on them is a no-no in my book. And where's the common sense of the mother who supposedly dropped the teenagers off at the house? I wouldn't want to be encouraging my child to go uninvited to a stranger's home; just because you have access to their property doesn't mean you should take advantage of that. Now that their daughter is a royal, this is a different playing field. I'm sure the Middletons will now have to deal with what could be the beginning of security breaches and will have to take steps to ensure their privacy and safety.

Their home improvements should include a security fence and cameras to keep these "fans" away from the house.

Including an alarm system plus anything else that the public may not be privy to.

As to the scrutiny of the Middleton family, I too was not on TRF during the other royal weddings and would be curious to know if the other families faced such scrutiny. Maybe it it just a factor of the current times, the internet, etc.

This family, has been focused on, albeit less so lately now the wedding fever has worn off, more than any other family who's daughter married into the RF. Mainly I think, because she married a son of Diana and her and her family have been in the limelight for 11 or so years.

As for members being on the TRF at the time of previous weddings, it was set up in 2002 so it has only covered "live" (for want of a better word), the most recent European & Foreign royal weddings.

Please note that several off topic posts relating to Kate's facial expressions, the FBI/CIA and their use of facial analysis, Camilla, etc have been deleted as OFF TOPIC.

Let get back on topic with Kate's family, wealth and background.

Thank you!

So anybody know what is happening with Pippa? She was in the news about being in a car and there was a gun present? I only got a little bit of info from the news.

IMO the families of Sarah and Sophie would never have come under a large amount of scrutiny because their daughters didn't marry a future monarch. Diana did, but the Spencers had the sort of wealth that enabled them to isolate themselves somewhat from a certain amount of unwanted press attention. If nothing else, when you have a large family estate at your disposal, you can physically withdraw if needed.

Well Diana's sisters were older & already married so there was no press trying to match them with some eligible heir. Her brother Charles seemed to enjoy the press he received and even did some work for an American TV network. Sarahs sister was also married and living in Australia so was far removed from the British tabloids. I have never read or seen anything of Sophies brother since their wedding in 1999.

And you can prove your serious accusation how exactly?

By first hand experience. We wanted to do almost exactly the same thing to our property in South Derbyshire. We were just ordinary people, the plans were not approved. Shortly after, we sold the farm and moved.

By first hand experience. We wanted to do almost exactly the same thing to our property in South Derbyshire. We were just ordinary people, the plans were not approved. Shortly after, we sold the farm and moved.

So, because you were refused planning, you believe that gives you the right to accuse the Middletons of essentially breaking the law? That's a huge accusation to make. Are you suggesting that the planning system in the UK is fundamentally fraudulent and that only important people with connections get planning approval?

That's demonstrably not the case. My aunt and uncle got planning approval recently to build an extension and they don't know anyone in planning, nor are they well known public figures.

Well Diana's sisters were older & already married so there was no press trying to match them with some eligible heir. Her brother Charles seemed to enjoy the press he received and even did some work for an American TV network. Sarahs sister was also married and living in Australia so was far removed from the British tabloids. I have never read or seen anything of Sophies brother since their wedding in 1999.

Sarah's father Ronald Ferguson had a few indiscretions after the wedding.

I've never read anything about Mark Phillips', Sophie Rhys-Jones', or Timothy Laurence's families. Sophie's mother passed away a few years ago, but that is the only time I've read anything about her.

How close is South Derbyshire is to Berksire? It can't be from the same district? Even in Florida different cities from the same counties have different rule on how do to things. And some change their rules when a new major/local government get elected

Kate's Middleton's parents accused of using Britain's Got Talent logo on their Party Pieces website without permission
Kate Middleton’s parents are locked in a new controversy over their Party Pieces company - this time for using the Britain’s Got *Talent logo on the firm’s *website without consent. The ITV1 show’s red white and blue lettering is emblazoned on the top of a web page selling supplies for British-theme parties. Next to it is the wrongly spelled boast: ‘Offical suppliers for 2012.’

IMO the families of Sarah and Sophie would never have come under a large amount of scrutiny because their daughters didn't marry a future monarch. Diana did, but the Spencers had the sort of wealth that enabled them to isolate themselves somewhat from a certain amount of unwanted press attention. If nothing else, when you have a large family estate at your disposal, you can physically withdraw if needed.

I'm going to agree with KittyAtlanta - I suspect that there would be some consideration of the Middletons given their predicament - the prying public and all - and I would make the same decision in their favor if in the position to decide. Absolutely, their situation warrants special consideration and breaks. IMO.

More to the point, though, I would think the Middletons need that 'large family estate' behind which to withdraw. In fact, were I Charles, I'd make them an offer to help with a purchase - or if Queen, I'd consider making something available to them. It is true that other families were pre-Internet, or did not have marriageable, photogenic siblings toodling around making them 'interesting'. It seems that what the Middletons are experiencing is more intrusive - so more protection from the glare is needed. Get thee to an estate! ;)

This is a fallacy, arguing from insufficient examples. Just on this thread, we have some approvals and some non-approvals. The South Derbyshire council surely has its own rulebook (and the full nature of the plans are not disclosed in any case).

Generally, I think that planning laws / regulations / consents / refusals will vary from place to place and even parish to parish. In my village there are two identical houses side by side which local planning bylaws state must remain identical. One owner sort permission for a new porch which the parish council refused but the local council approved - over-riding the parish council. Who knows that in a few years time when there are new members of the parish council, they will approve such applications yet the council above them may refuse. It's all down to the individuals on the council at the time.
However, it would be wrong not to allow neighbours of the Middletons to build similar extentions and it is likely that the permission granted to the Middletons will act as a precident for that local area.

This is a fallacy, arguing from insufficient examples. Just on this thread, we have some approvals and some non-approvals. The South Derbyshire council surely has its own rulebook (and the full nature of the plans are not disclosed in any case).

Of course, they have their own rulebook. My example is as good as any other you might come across. I'll not post further about my "fallacies."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
JACK, your point about the Middleton's setting precidence for others in the area is well taken. I imagine that everyone who has been turned down in the past will be re-petitioning for their plans.

Last edited:
Pippa Middleton’s brother James is following in her footsteps by taking part in next month’s gruelling Highland Cross Challenge in Scotland. Pippa, 28, took part in the 50-mile run and cycle ride last year and now James, 25, is keen to test himself. James raised £12,000 for charity in a Swedish cross-country ski challenge earlier this year with Pippa. ‘This is not for charity, it’s just a bit of fun,’ says a friend.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...urth-time-lucky-Prince-Harry-Chelsy-Davy.html

Nice article , I Think Prince Harry & Chelsy They are a Very Beautiful Couple So Why Not If They Back again & She Looks So Beautiful In White Dress & Black Jacket , Thank you for Posting Artemisia .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom