The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the question indeed remains where that impression comes from.

I say it comes from deep seated envy, jealousy and/or a tendency to believe everything you read in the press. :lol:

I say it comes from deep seated envy, jealousy and/or a tendency to believe everything you read in the press. :lol:

Well I think that goes both ways. There are those who believe everything good as well.

Either way...my question wasn't to attack the member for their opinion but to see why they thought that. Everyone can like or dislike whatever royal (or associate) they want to.

Skippy said:
Generally I already agreed with you, though my first sentence perhaps indicated otherwise. The only one from the Middletons we see on a regular basis is Catherine. The rest (her parents, brother and sister) are largely living in the shadows.
So the question indeed remains where that impression comes from.

True but....some people choose to believe the medias stories or Christopher Andersen's book which absolutly attacks Carole and calls her a huge social climber plus even royalreporter said some people in the media have had bad experiences with her.......so someone could get that impression and believe those stories ( not saying I do, just saying not everyone thinks the media stuff isn't true).......

But notice that all of the nastiness about Carole has come about from the press. Not many people have said negative things about her (at least while giving their name). Basically, Sally Jones said so and so...it always a person repeating a story with no name attached it. Sorry, I don't work on unsubstianted claims. The same people who said Carole offended the Queen at Williams graduation, and they haven't even met.

And based on some of the stuff that the press has said about her, well, if I was her...I wouldn't be nice either. There is only so much a person can take if you are not used to being in the public eye.

Hopefully, the media interest in the Middleton family will die down in a bit.

People should give Kate a chance

I have been lurking around other royalty forums and the amount of venom towards Kate and her family in some of them is staggering. How can one be so hateful towards a person they never met? They should give her a chance. I find Kate very cute, I love her smile (very genuine in my opinion) and she seems to be prepared to brave the masses. It was so cute the way she interacted with the crowds when visiting St. Andrews University with her fiance, shaking hands with so much gusto. Having a wife who seems ready for the task will make it so much easier for Prince William (and I bet he knows that). No matter what anyone says, I like Kate and I think she'll make a fine Princess.

As for her family, they are self-made people. From what I've read, Mr. and Mrs. Middleton always wanted the best for their children and I praise them for sending Kate and her siblings to the best schools. Nothing wrong with providing your children with the best education money can buy if you can afford it. They are great parents!

I wish all the best to the couple and I'm looking forward to the wedding! :)

Oooops... sorry, I should have said 'Catherine' but Kate seems to be stuck in my brain!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums Paige...

I think you can continue to call Catherine....Kate.

Yes, I never understood the nastiness directed towards people that one has never met. I have never been a Camilla fan but I have never hated her. I certainly don't understand the nastiness directed towards one's family.

Zonk said:
Yes, I never understood the nastiness directed towards people that one has never met. I have never been a Camilla fan but I have never hated her. I certainly don't understand the nastiness directed towards one's family.

True- I mean even if Carole/Pippa are social climbers plp shouldn't really care, I mean Kate seems nice and William picked her and loves her and obviously likes her family so it can't be that bad......no matter what Carole may or may not have done (if anything) she certainly did not force the future King to marry her daughter, or fall in love with her <3!

I have been lurking around other royalty forums and the amount of venom towards Kate and her family in some of them is staggering. How can one be so hateful towards a person they never met? They should give her a chance. I find Kate very cute, I love her smile (very genuine in my opinion) and she seems to be prepared to brave the masses. It was so cute the way she interacted with the crowds when visiting St. Andrews University with her fiance, shaking hands with so much gusto. Having a wife who seems ready for the task will make it so much easier for Prince William (and I bet he knows that). No matter what anyone says, I like Kate and I think she'll make a fine Princess.

As for her family, they are self-made people. From what I've read, Mr. and Mrs. Middleton always wanted the best for their children and I praise them for sending Kate and her siblings to the best schools. Nothing wrong with providing your children with the best education money can buy if you can afford it. They are great parents!

I wish all the best to the couple and I'm looking forward to the wedding! :)

Oooops... sorry, I should have said 'Catherine' but Kate seems to be stuck in my brain!

Welcome Paige and I should advise you not to go to those sites, bitter people are too sad to be around. Let them think they are oh so powerfull hiding behind a internet forum with a nickname to hate the girl and her family.

In the end people will choose to believe what they want to, on both sides (good or bad stuff).
(as I'm writing this , the morning show I'm watching is talking about the wedding . jezz, now it's officially everywhere here!)

I've tried calling her Catherine, but it hasn't stuck.

So what if they're social climbers! As they are business people, it would be strange not to attempt to make better connections than they have already. I can only speak for myself, but if I were in the same position, I'd probably be clawing my way up the aristocratic draperies. We don't even know if the Middletons are doing that.

Last edited:
But notice that all of the nastiness about Carole has come about from the press.

You're absolutely right here, Zonk. :flowers: But who is the "media"? In the Uk alot of editors of papers come from socially upper class background, even if they work for the tabloids. For them the Middletons must be an affront! They are not only from a much humbler background, but they have the "impertinence" to behave as discreet as the BRF and to keep to themselves, even though they are prominent people by now. How could they? (I mean that ironically).

Thus they are targets for those in the media, who didnt get the chance to become their buddies. Which is sad, but I for one applaud the Middletons for their discretion and unassumingness.

Hopefully for her family sake this will die down once the wedding is finale. I cant say I am a fan of some of her (Kate's mom's) outfits but if that is what she wants to wear then all the power to her.

I agree with you.The Middletons have stayed together.Build a successful business together.They look like a nice family to me.

I know good for them. They actually worked to make their wealth unlike so many who are born into it or get it handed to them (some ceo’s getting huge bonuses for what???)

Although this is clearly a love match I think in time it will be seen as an important marriage as well. Perhaps Catherine has been expensively and exclusively educated and perhaps the Middletons are millionaires but they have working class origins and I think ultimately that will be something that will work to endear Catherine to the general public in Britain. In the new age of Royalty where most of the old mystery has been dispelled, replacing the mystique with 'relate-ability' is probably a clever move. Catherine strikes me as astute and thoughtful. A bit like HM herself.

The Middletons

It will certainly help Kate if her family keeps a fairly low profile, at least in the beginning of her married life. Some will say that it is not fair, but no matter what, many will jump on any opportunity to criticize them; therefore, their discretion will allow Kate/Catherine to make her own way with a minimum of the inevitable sniping of our era of ubiquitous press attention.

For better or worse, Kate and her family are objects of curiosity, and there are those who will take pleasure in any perceived mis-steps they may make.

And based on some of the stuff that the press has said about her, well, if I was her...I wouldn't be nice either. There is only so much a person can take if you are not used to being in the public eye.

Hopefully, the media interest in the Middleton family will die down in a bit.

I also hope the media interest will die once the wedding is over.Prince William really likes the Middleton's and enjoyed spending time with them.That says alot about them. I think they have raised a lovely daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC News Feature on Kate's family tree

BBC

#middletons is trending on Twitter right now. Went to check and apparently Channel4 is airing a TV special about them.] call "Meet the Middletons".

You're absolutely right here, Zonk. :flowers: But who is the "media"? In the Uk alot of editors of papers come from socially upper class background, even if they work for the tabloids. For them the Middletons must be an affront! They are not only from a much humbler background, but they have the "impertinence" to behave as discreet as the BRF and to keep to themselves, even though they are prominent people by now. How could they? (I mean that ironically).

Thus they are targets for those in the media, who didnt get the chance to become their buddies. Which is sad, but I for one applaud the Middletons for their discretion and unassumingness.
Yes,I agree with this point,as you've said let us guess who are the editors of papers.Even in foreign forums I observe this bad "wave" against Kate.I don't understand people at all ,where do these evil feelings come from?Envy,jealousy,snob attitude?I do not remember such aggresivity in other cases.The most important is that William and Kate's feelings are genuine,from far we could see they share not only friendhip or habit but love.The other aspect is that Kate knows how to have a contact with crowds and the moment people discover real Kate they start admiring and liking her .
Regarding "black sheep" in her family,I think every family,even royal or noble has their ones and proper sins.
Personally,I like Kate's smile and her radiant look,can't help waiting for their wedding!

I love the Middleton's coat of arms - but can't believe the vitriolic comments below the Daily Mail piece. She has to have one and doesn't it make sense that the whole family can use it?

I don't believe she HAS to have one. :previous:

She can't use it after the wedding. Think of it as a family business logo. Anyone can commission a coat of arms, BTW.

The article seems to be implying as she's marrying a Royal Catherine does need a coat of arms and this way since Michael got it the family can use it, I personally think it's a bit much but if Kate needs one I see no reason her family can't use one too, I assume it doesn't bother William.......

I have to amend my earlier statement (abov) while I see no reason the Middleton's can't use a coat of arms I will say that if I were in Kates position I'd begin to wonder if they were piggybacking a bit off my relationship, like for business purposes, but I am not her and she is much closer to her family then I am to mine so obviously she's ok with it..... And it's her/their lives, not mine

Last edited:
I thought everyone who marries into the BRF has to have one. If that is the case, I guess Kate should have one. I like the story behind the coat of arms. However, I don't think her family should be using it. I have always admired the Middleton family, the way they ignore all those whispers and comments aimed at them, but I feel with this latest stunt the family is riding on Kate's gravy train.

She can't use it after the wedding.

I'm fairly certain she can and will use it after the wedding.

The newly appointed coat of arms will be incorporated side by side with Williams. Impaled, if you will. Though the Queen must grant her consent which I'm sure she would.

Last edited:
Coats of Arms have been used since medieval times to move certain families up the social ladder. The Middletons are really not doing anything new.

I don't believe she HAS to have one. :previous:

She can't use it after the wedding. Think of it as a family business logo. Anyone can commission a coat of arms, BTW.

Yes I'm slightly puzzled as to when or why she would use it once she is married- I guess it is a gift for thefamily. It is a lovely design though.

Well, for one....TRF would use the new Coat of Arms when she gets her own Current Events thread...but I doubt she realizes that.

I think its a good thing to have...doesn't she get a flag of some sorts when she becomes Princess of Wales or Queen. Didn't the Queen Mother have a coat of arms that was draped on her coffin?

Yes I'm slightly puzzled as to when or why she would use it once she is married- I guess it is a gift for thefamily. It is a lovely design though.

because after her marriage Catherine Middleton will place her (her families) arms beside those of her husband in what is known as an impaled coat of arms. Showing the two as one.This will require a royal warrant from the Queen

here is an expample of The Prince and Princess of Wales while they were mairred http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...en&sa=N&biw=1020&bih=533&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

I read previously on this forum by those in the know that Kate's father had to be the one to apply. Kate could not do so on her own. In future generations, the arms may only pass through her brother. It's one of those male chauvinistic traditions. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom